Thread: winter question

RC Competitor

winter question

Hello i have Merv with mmp but it is not waterproof any more. And now are coming the wet seasons.
    What to do? to waterproof my mmp?
    I was thinking to buy some other traxxas vehicle what is the best choice ?

RC Champion
    If you want your ESC to stay cool and waterproof then look at the VXL-3S 1/10 ESC, as that's waterproof and can handle the 380 power easily. No higher than 9 cell nimh and 3 cell lipo though.
    Waterproofing the MMP is just too much hassle, nullifies your warranty and can go wrong.
    Hope I've helped! The VXL-3S is cheap on ebay because people take it out of their slashes etc. because they aren't powerful enough for that.

RC Champion
    +1 on ebay vxl stuff is dirt cheap on there
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    ok some other ideas?

RC Champion
    Don't run in wet or snowy conditions?

RC Champion
    this is true i would try and avoid running in wet conditions as the clean up after is really annoying but once in a while it's ok but remember to oil all metal after running in the wet
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Waterproof it!!! Throw on some liquid sealer such as (liquid electrical tape, plasti dip) NVM the warranty! Thats what im doing ;D

OR if you so worried about warranty, go on youtube and search through the videos. There is one video where a guy creates a little waterproof box and seals the ESC inside it.
    Last edited by slash-4x4; 10-03-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: oops. didnt realize the opposite of heaven is a curse. Sorry
    Carpe Diem

RC Qualifier
    jang from ultimate rc shows how to make a water-sealed box to house a mamba monster in. if you want to go that way, you can try with your own esc but mounting it might be an issue, considering the small amount of space under the body...

otherwise, you can watch this video and decide for your self

i'm planning on trying corrosionx, but it'll be with an old servo before my mamba max pro

RC Racer
    You could look into trying to get an HPI ESC which is a rebranded castle. They make a few of them now that are waterproof. I'm not sure if they have a waterproof mmp version bit there is a sv2 rebrand which is waterproof.
    The expert in anything... Was once a beginner.