RC Racer

vxl-3m tempature

Hi i have hav the 1/16 summit vxl and the motor has a fan but not the esc. From going from grass to crawling to pavement in one run the esc holds a temp of 100-125f and was wondering if thts reasonable. Whats urs running at ? would like as much replys possible thanks!

RC Champion
    mine runs around 120 ish but i havent checked it in awhile. dont worry if it gets to hot it will shut down.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    ya i know tht but for some wierd reason im on my 3rd esc and im thinking because its ovrheating

RC Competitor
    I don't have thermometer so I have no idea about my ESC temperatures. With fully stock setup I always had overheat shutdowns after a few minutes of crawling, even without overheat shutdown it was so hot it burned my finger. Since changing spur to 55t and putting fan on ESC (and Integy heatsink with fan on motor) I haven't had any overheat problems even when crawling and/or climbing up on steep slopes. I think 120F (~49C) is fine.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by simico View Post
    I don't have thermometer so I have no idea about my ESC temperatures. With fully stock setup I always had overheat shutdowns after a few minutes of crawling, even without overheat shutdown it was so hot it burned my finger. Since changing spur to 55t and putting fan on ESC (and Integy heatsink with fan on motor) I haven't had any overheat problems even when crawling and/or climbing up on steep slopes. I think 120F (~49C) is fine.
    were did u buy the esc fan and how did u mount it?

RC Racer
    mount it with a screw in the heatsink.
    1/16 summit(stock)

RC Racer
    o so it just pushes down into the heatsink also werd u get it ?

RC Racer
    get it from the lhs for like $5. i have a 30mm fan but a 25mm would fit better
    1/16 summit(stock)

RC Racer
    awesome thanks for your help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by summit_slayer_t-maxx View Post
    were did u buy the esc fan and how did u mount it?
    I bought it in a local rc shop, originally it's a fan for 300 size (for 1/18 cars) motor heatsink. I just screwed it into the esc heatsink, the same way as in Kevinpt3's photo.

RC Racer
    nice ya i will prob get 1 nxt year cause its realy cooling off and its not even getting hot just warm evn after a constent 40 2 50 mins !