RC Qualifier

Updated Spartan hull for sale???

just wondering if any one has a new updated red or blue Spartan hull for sale ? I'n my posted pic, the one on the left(blue) is the old hull ,!the red one is the updated hull that is on every new Spartan rtr now... Thanks for Any info and tips suggesting on how i can find one...went on eBay and asked sellers if it was the updated hull and they had no idea what i was talking about... Now were talking about hobby shops!???? That seems odd that they're a hobby shop and don't kno about the updated hull... Anyways thanks for
    Any info !)
    Last edited by Rcforever27; 10-23-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    spartan1 castle ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hobbyshops are often behind the times when it comes to info- a new hull design may not have meant a new product # for the boat, so the only way anyone would tell is buy opening the box to look. If the hull isn't sold separately ( old or new ), then the chances of anyone having a new one, which they realise is a new design, is rather slim- they'd just sell it as a spartan hull and not make the distinction between old vs new...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Enthusiast
    Here is a bare white hull that I bought from a member of this forum that claimed it was the updated version. It's apparently not when compared to the photo's above. But I really cant complain for what I paid for it.

Hopefully it does well once I'm all done. The only thing "Traxxas" will be the hatch and hull.

RC Qualifier
    deff not the new hull
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered my second boat that is supposed to be the new hull. According to Traxxas the new version have the 5707 printed on the box. The old version had a sticker with 5707. I will see when it arrives.

RC Qualifier
    I have the new version with the castle ESC, but my hull looks just like the blue one on the left of the top picture. Maybe they had extras they had to get rid of before sending out the new hulls.

Do you guys think the new hull will make a big difference in performance?
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Qualifier
    Yes the new hull will help alot...it's 1.5 inches deeper which will keep it more stable at higher speeds , and shouldn't chine walk as bad either.....

RC Qualifier
    I feel cheated getting the old hull with the brand new castle ESC version! Gaaaaa!

RC Qualifier
    Lol i hear ya....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanders001 View Post
    I feel cheated getting the old hull with the brand new castle ESC version! Gaaaaa!
    Just received my new Spartan and had to open it up to see. Yes it is the new hull design. My son will love his new Spartan for Christmas and we will each have a boat to run together. I can not wait.

RC Qualifier
    One other thing I noticed on the new hull is that the tongue on the hatch is about 3/4 on an inch longer. This should help with the problem of the hatch popping off in front on those occasional blow overs.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    One other thing I noticed on the new hull is that the tongue on the hatch is about 3/4 on an inch longer. This should help with the problem of the hatch popping off in front on those occasional blow overs.
    LOL I had a blow over yesterday with my new Spartan. The hatch stayed intact.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah believe it or not that tab being longer really helps! Can't wait to get mine and start building it....

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to call Traxxas to see if they will trade my hull for the new version. It just isn't right. I paid for the new version. I should have the new hull.

RC Qualifier
    @JLANDERS001, thats true you shouldve got the new hull.... hopefully they will do it... usually theyre pretty good at doing that......

RC Qualifier
    Yep. I called today and they are going to trade my hull for the new hull.

RC Qualifier
    just got my new hull and hatch today from jenny's Rc sports!!! Love it!!

RC Qualifier
    @jlanders, that's great news ! See i told people traxxas stands by their products!! Sucks that this happened with the Spartan, but every company. Has it's issues and a good company is determined by their customer support... Way to go traxxas! JMO....

RC Qualifier
    RCforever27, Do you have more pics of that new hull? I'd like to see it from the side and a bird's eye view from direcetly over it. If you have them post them here or you could send them to my regular e-mail which is jlanders001@sc.rr.com

RC Qualifier
    Oh weird. I just posted that before I saw the pics you just posted. It was like I had immediate results!!
    LOL!

RC Qualifier
    Lol no prob hope they're good pics....

Hello guys, the new hull is running change. Unfortuantely, like any running change, we do not provide free upgrades to people who got the earlier version.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Champion
    Hey RC I sure like the looks of your new hull. I just may have to get me one also.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis