Engine replacement?

Hey Guys,

Today, I found a Monster Buggy locally and the engine has been removed, everything else is there...

I was wondering if any Zenoah engine style can be used... Maybe one from a HPI Baja or King Motors? I want something that could be a direct fit, if possible....

This could be my only chance to have one as it's too hard to send one from the US to here due to the size of the Buggy...

Thanks!

Daniel.

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Traxxas Marshal
    I did some quick searching and am wondering if a newer G230RC Zenoah engine would work. It looks like you can still find the newer version of the original engine here and there on-line. Maybe a more in depth search would dig up an original.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

They guy (he works and has it stored at LHS) has the original engine but on another on-road car, but he won't remove it...

So, do I have to look for anything in particular? Mounting holes or anything else? I dont know, this is the first time I'm going to work with a gas engine...

Oh, he also has NIB spares, so, I might get a nice deal and be able to restore it... And, I'm going to run it just once!

Last edited by danielhr77; 11-06-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Traxxas Marshal
    I'm honestly not entirely sure what to look for. I have played around with a Monster Buggy a little bit, but I never really looked at it too closely.

If it were me, I'd get a new engine, make some custom engine mounts (if needed), and get it all hooked up. These engines are pretty simple for the most part, I don't see it being too much work.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Well, finally the guy who had the Monter Buggy here forgot about me, so, I went ahead and bought one in the US today... Pics soon...

RC Qualifier
    does it have an engine? but gas engines are real easy to care for. i personally cant wait for hpi to release that 1:8th scale gas engine, might have to fit one of those into a t-maxx or my savage.
    Im young. And im Learning.

RC Enthusiast
    I own a MB and yes other Zenoah Engines will fit. Be careful on how far up u go for motor. You will destroy gears if u go 2 high in motor.
    .15 Maxx .18 CV-R
    Monster Buggy 26cc