RC Qualifier

E maxx radiO help please

Got one of those flysky radios and now the truck is alot slower than it was with the previous setup. How do I fix it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like you haven't set it up properly, or at all.

1) make sure you set the throttle epa to 100% on the tx, trim to zero/neutral
    2) check if there is exponential adjustment on the throttle, dial it up to the max setting if there is ( and/or read the manual regarding the various available settings/other settings and how to adjust them )
    2) recalibrate the esc to the radio

see how it does afterwards..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    It has the exponential. When I moved it to 99 it wouldn't move at all

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Where was it before though- 100% or lower than 99%?

Expo is one of those things I've never had the luxury of on my older radios, nor have I adjusted it on my current radio, so i couldn't tell you the ideal setting even if I wanted too. Take the wheels off the truck and put it on a stand, then have a play with the expo settings and see if you get anywhere, otherwise you'll have to track down guys currently using the same radio ( GT2 or GT3 / GT3b or whatever it is )...

youtube tutorials are good. This one is the traxxas link, i think there will be other models on there.

It will all be down too, where you run your truck or how you drive that will depend on the setting you use. I think mines at 0%
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hmm, sounds like it needs to be dialled all the way down then on the throttle channel, if 0% is full throw & 100% is minimum throw, as it were. Only thing I touched on mine is epa ( to prevent the steering binding/ buzzing at full throw ) & I have dual rates setup on one of the switches ( so... many.... switches.... ) so that it is less twitchy when doing high speed stuff or using the TXT-1 ( since that thing tends to roll fairly easily ).

lol took me a full day to figure out. I always thought 100% = full, Max. 0% = zero, zilch.
    Should of seen me trying to set brake rate, I'm surprised i never broke anything the amount of times it flipped forwards, now it's set that low, it slows down before it hits the tree. Instead of flipping back over front then into the tree.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    The exact radio im trying to program is a fs-gt3b

RC Qualifier
    Okay can someone verify this. There is an endpoint fuction that is set at 100 percent throttle, if I move it to the max of 120 percent will I get full speed?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It depends where/how it was set when you programmed the esc to the tx to start with:

1) if it was at 100% when you programmed the esc, then moving it higher will not make the truck faster, it will simply cause the throttle to cut out as the esc is seeing a signal above what it thinks is full throttle, so it stops responding altogether.

or

2) if it was at 120% when you programmed the esc, then moving it down to 100% will reduce full throttle when you squeeze the trigger fully, moving it back up to 120% will give you max throttle again ( 100% throttle on the esc being 120% on the radio, and 50% = 60% and so-on ).

Worth noting some escs don't like to see more than 100% epa on the throttle channel otherwise they won't respond to full-throttle input as you squeeze the trigger, so settle on either 100% or 120% for the throttle epa setting before you programme the esc to the tx, then leave that setting alone ( assuming the esc calibrates correctly ) and turn your attention to the exponential as we were discussing earlier...

RC Qualifier
    Haha guys I feel so stupid. I forgot to reprogram the esc with the new radio. Once I did that it is flying again.

I was getting worried when I was hardly beating my friends brushed emaxx.
    Now it rips

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That was one of the first things I said to do in my opening reply. You always, always have to reprogramme the esc whenever you use a different radio or change the esc, always....

RC Qualifier
    Haha I didn't realize that. I plugged in the castle link to check those settings, they were fine, then I'm like "meh might as well try reprogramming the esc"