RC Qualifier

Another soldier in the Summit Army!

Nothing ground breaking here, just had to tell someone that I finally got a Summit! Paid $350 for a stock summit with the older link radio and onyx 240 dual charger and a pair of batteries. Not to bad of a deal I don't think

Only thing it may need soon is a new set of batteries. I'll get pictures soon, but it's just your normal Summit ;-)

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Even a "normal" Summit is an extraordinary RC car Welcome to the group!!
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Champion
    Great deal indeed! What kind of batteries are they, NIMH/LIPO?

Welcome!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, this truck is insane. When I first put power to it, there was no doubt that something just came alive in the room!

I got a pair of tenergy 5000 mah Nimh.
    Since I have the dual charger, right now I may go ahead and get another pair of Nimh's. I've got a thunder lipo charger, but who wants to wait for 2 to charge! Lol
    I'll just save up and get a decent multi charger down the road a bit. And the Nimh's I buy now I can always use in my daughters slash

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on the Summit! You will definitely enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone 4s 32g using Tapatalk
    SUMMIT,P4DE,MERV

RC Racer
    Congrats man, welcome to the family!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the club! It's an honor to have you, now get off the forum, and drive! Haha! Welcome buddy!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    Wow, I might have saved this set of batteries. They wouldn't hardly make the truck run even though I literally just took them off the quick charger and the charger says they were full. So I dug out a trickle charger and let each battery get charged. One took about 12 hrs, and the other a little over 7 hrs.

Popped the batteries in the truck and took it for an early morning test and BAM! That woke the truck up!

This truck is just wicked.

I'm hoping that this might have saved the batteries for a while longer. I do have a new pair that should be delivered today, but always nice to have more that I can use in the slash if nothing else.

I need the adjust the steering servos, I can hear them fighting each other. But other than that, this thing seems to be in good fighting shape!

RC Qualifier
    Ok, finally got a photo to upload. Again, nothing as cool as some of the sweet trucks I've seen around here. But it's mine so

Every one started just like that.
    Just a matter of time before you make it
    How you want it.
    Welcome to the clan

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Haha yeah. I'm thinking 4ws might be a fun little project. Got a lot more reading to do on the radio controlled part of that. :-)

RC Qualifier

First real run outside, just had to bring along the little guy as well

RC Qualifier
    The Summit is a miracle worker! Outside for about 2 hours just goofing off, and all of a sudden my wife wants one as well! She has hated this hobby sice I first got into it a few years back and never really like it. But the Summit I think may have turned her lol

Good for me, now just have to sale a truck to start funds for her one hehe

RC Enthusiast
    Nice and welcome. Happy summiting !

RC Competitor
    Great looking summit you got there Snake. I just got one myself(second hand) white, old style remote. I got along set for 5s lipo setup,and man is that great. It got all the speed I want.
    Just a little advise. I took appart the hubs today, I stripped a pivot ball last night, and those BB's were shot. One had even rusted solid to the axel. I had to really use force and a lot of wd40 to get it to slip off. So you might want to have a look at those. I really can't belive the truck has been rolling, coz when i turned the axel by hand it hardly spun.

RC Qualifier
    You know, this thing was in really great condition. There was a few screws that had little bits of rust, but they brushed right off. Every bearing I've looked at has been smooth as silk. But I still re-oiled them anyway heh. And I even scrubbed this thing down till even the tires looked almost new, but what's the fun in keeping it that way!

I stole one right from craig.mitch316. I've almost always dyed my chassis black on every traxxas I've had, but I really like the look of the one he did with using the Scarlet Red dye. It was a bit of a challange to get that huge chassis in the pot, but I managed to get it all covered!

And it's hard to see it in the first photo, but I was too cheap to buy the traxxas light set for the roof lights. Plus since I had all the parts already, I had a harder time justifying paying even $15 for them. I may have to get a better picture from the front, but here you can see the wires and switch I used. I'm just running them off of a 9v battery bolted to the body.

RC Champion
    Nice and clean install!

Good one mate...nice
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    dyed chassis look sweeet and the DIY roof lights nice and clean, I like the switch

RC Qualifier
    Thanks yall!

I normally stick with a toggle switch, but I didn't have any that worked and too lazy to go to Radio Shack lol. So it works, and I may end up liking this one better.

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Looks great. Did you drill out the stock buckets and insert LED's. Hard to tell from the front shot?

Me like cheap
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Qualifier
    Yep, that's exactly what I did. Drilled out the center, which took a few minutes ad I started with a small drill bit then worked my way up, and I left the hole just small enough that the LED holders threaded right in.

RC Qualifier
    This truck is crazy tough. I know people say it's very durable in stock form, but that's an under statement.

I wasn't trying to break it, I was trying to push it hard and see what it's limits were.

There are no limits

Went to a shooting range today and in between reloads ran the Summit around. The rifle range was carved out of a hill and there is a 50 foot cliff up on one side. Most of it was pretty loose so not much traction to climb, but I was able to get it on one bluff about 30 ft high. And not one content to leave well enough alone, I tried to drive down. It didn't, and managed to just cartwheel more than half way down. It landed rubber side down and just kept on going! It took a lot more tumbles and flips, and not once miss a beat.

Worse thing that happened is I bent one body clip, and lost another.