RC Champion

Exclamation New goodies in the mail!!!!

I received my twins today. Yes, you guessed it.....a pair of SPC 2s 50c 5400mAh lipos. I am charging them now, but it will be dark before they are done. I will drive tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work. I can't wait to see what this truck can do!!!! I will post pics if anyone is interested.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Racer
    Well, there's always the hallway, if you just can't wait.
    1/10 Summit (x2)
    1/10 E-Revo
    1/16 E-Revo b/l

RC Champion
    I was on the fence about these exact ones or the Billowy Power 5200 50c batteries. After you get the first few initial "easy" runs in, let me know how they perform.

Im geared 25/54, lst diffs, with badlands to bash onroad and offroad. I can flip it onto it's lid on the pavement with my Billowy Power brand batts but not backflip. It would be really interesting to hear if you could do a standing backflip onroad.

What are you geared at now?

RC Racer
    Can you guys see a noticeable difference with the higher C ratings?

Just curious because I have been running 25c and 30c for a while and the price of the 45c ******* **** techs are coming down so I figured that I would give those a shot. They have 65c packs too.

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Awesome Doug!
    Definitely post some pics!
    You should get an LED light set like I did, I can drive at night now. It's awesome. I got to customise my own set from the people I bought mine from.

Bet your just iching for tomorrow arvo. Should come here haha, morning in Aus.
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Qualifier
    Here's a vid of my first ERBE doing a standing backflip on SPC 2S 6000mah 30C batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQDS...e_gdata_player
    Rustler 4x4 VXL

im waiting for a pair of those 50c 5400mah to show up as well.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier

New goodies in the mail!!!!

Why did you not opt for the new 2s 8200 batts spc sells?

RC Champion
    varuna- The added mAh just means heat build up. I'm sure I will easily get 30-40 min of runtime with these. I also prefer hardcase lipos. Also, the c rating is lower on those batteries. The Mamba Monster needs a high c rating.

I will let you all know how they go tomorrow afternoon.

RC Qualifier
    Ive got a pair of the SPC 5400 50c 2s and 3s and they are both awesome! I only have about 20 cycles on both sets but they are still charging up and balancing perfectly. You will love those things.
    Revo MM CC2200
    Rusty MMP CC3800
    Merv SV2 CC5700

RC Qualifier
    I also run the SPC 3S 5400mah 50C in my Rustler (MMP/3800kv) and my Stampede 4x4 (MMP/2400kv). I've only got about 10 cycles on the pair so far, but they're doing awesome. Can't keep the front ends down on those trucks, even in the sand on Mashers and Talons.
    Rustler 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    Okay, so I just had to try it out. I adjusted the battery compartments for best fit and installed the batteries. I did a backflip with a pull of the throttle. I am going to have to be easy on the throttle until I get a wheelie bar. Could you guys post pics or explain how your battery compartments are setup for these batteries? I guess this will wheelie at full speed also? Thanks for the help!!

As mentioned above i wanted the hard case as well. Although if these 2 stack in my other trucks (xt8e and sc8e) i may opt for the high capacity for the ERBE and ERBE-GT
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

5400mAh 50c = 270 amps
    8200mAh 30c = 246 amps
    difference run time 15~20 min..
    ( mah x c rating devide 1000 = amps)
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Also, what setting is recommended on the esc for the 2s lipos? I have it set for the 9v cutoff. Would it be better to use the default lipo setting (auto detect)?

Always leave the esc set to auto detect. It will count the cells, count the second set of tones, this is the cell count. Set the LVC to 3.4 per cell. This is a good safe setting...

AOD link:

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Thanks 87GN. I need to shop for the Castle link or field programmer, and the Y connector. I am also going to get the Traxxas wheelie bar with blue anodized wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    Why did you not opt for the new 2s 8200 batts spc sells?
    These were waiting for me tonight when I got home. I haven't even gotten them out of the box yet. I'm going to run them in the ERBE once or twice just to check them out, but my plan is to use them in one of the Summits.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    Here's a vid of my first ERBE doing a standing backflip on SPC 2S 6000mah 30C batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQDS...e_gdata_player
    What gearing do you use ? , thanks
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    I was on the fence about these exact ones or the Billowy Power 5200 50c batteries. After you get the first few initial "easy" runs in, let me know how they perform.

Im geared 25/54, lst diffs, with badlands to bash onroad and offroad. I can flip it onto it's lid on the pavement with my Billowy Power brand batts but not backflip. It would be really interesting to hear if you could do a standing backflip onroad.

What are you geared at now?
    my e revo does 1 and a half backflipson road or off on my boost 6000mah 6s 50-100c lipos. and on standard gearing or the high speed gears. got2gorc.com sells em cheap

RC Racer
    it could also be to do with your tire compounds, i haven't yet used the badland tyres so i cannot provide an accurate speculation on that matter. i hope you find the solution and enjoy!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwi View Post
    What gearing do you use ? , thanks
    In that video, the truck was only a few hours old. Had stock 18/54 in it.

On 4s, I generally run 20/54 now.
    Rustler 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    The truck runs awesome with these batteries. I am so pleased now. Thank goodness for lipo!!!

RC Champion
    When tbonemcniel posted that backflip video i was jealous. Then when dcsally posted about the success, i started scratching my head. I couldnt believe u guys were able to get a backflip from ur 4s setup so i started looking for reasons why i couldnt. i decided something had to be messed up on my truck. Sure enough my slipper was cracked.

Its been back together for a few runs...And i didnt notice any diference.

But just tonight did i try my new badlands out on the carpet inside. I got the backflip bug half way through the glueing. No backflips at first. Then i finally decided to tighten the slipper to the point i thought it would break the cheap metal its made with. Goodness!... It scared the mess outa me when it flipped right around, hit the wall and landed 10 feet down the hAll.

Man backfliping this thing is fun! U are right, lipos are great.
    Last edited by anr2442; 12-03-2011 at 11:43 PM.

RC Champion
    anr-That's awesome!!! I have tamed mine somewhat though. I backed off the slipper some and have invested in the TRX wheelie bar with anodized wheels. I have to say the wheelie bar design is neat. I like being able to un clip it with a press of a button, unlike the Pede/Rusty/Bandit/Slash wheelie bar. My tire foams have finally settled also. The truck runs so smooth. I am very pleased with this truck.