Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Racer

Aluminum diffs for the summit!

I just received 10 aluminum diffs for the summit today.

They look amazing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Curious... why 10 of them? What did they cost?

RC Racer
    I bought them to sell them and keep 2 of them. It was around $600 I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Wow... thats dedication to a durable summit...

RC Racer
    How much are you going to sell them for? I'm not interested but I was wondering if you were going to make your money back.

RC Qualifier
    ijust ordered a set of these and i can't wait til they get here. now my summit won't go through spider gears when i add the brushless system in the summer. whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Racer
    These diffs are made for a brushless summit. It is better to get these aluminum diffs then to keep replacing the plastic diffs from the power of brushless. I am not making my money back because I am keeping 2 diffs for my self.

RC Qualifier
    When will these be sold at the hobby shops. I finally got my diff rebuilding down so they stay together and those aluminum cups would really help. Try the Traxxas 500,000w or 500K diff oil. That stuff is so thick you hardly have to use your lockers at all. Most of my damaged diffs were from forgetting to unlock when I first started to use the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Igore View Post
    When will these be sold at the hobby shops. I finally got my diff rebuilding down so they stay together and those aluminum cups would really help. Try the Traxxas 500,000w or 500K diff oil. That stuff is so thick you hardly have to use your lockers at all. Most of my damaged diffs were from forgetting to unlock when I first started to use the Summit.
    I put 700k in a Revo diff & it helped but it still diff's like crazy.

OP where did you get the cup's??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    These diffs wont be for sale in hobby shops. I got these diffs from a rc machine shop in germany.

RC Qualifier
    Where did you get 700k diff oil I did a google search and could not find it. If it was 70,000/ 70k it would diff a lot but I can hardly hold one tire with the 500k.

RC Racer
    $600 for aluminum diffs that's just insane. You gotta be as rich as Bill Gates to get them. I'd rather spend the money to get another Summit. Just my humble opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post
    $600 for aluminum diffs that's just insane. You gotta be as rich as Bill Gates to get them. I'd rather spend the money to get another Summit. Just my humble opinion of course.
    That's not insane - it's investment.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Where did you get 700k diff oil I did a google search and could not find it. If it was 70,000/ 70k it would diff a lot but I can hardly hold one tire with the 500k.
    OFNA 10230.. 700,000 diff fluid Stormer.. I wanted heavier, but that is it as far as I know.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post

It's $600 for 10 of them. $60 each. Still pricy, but if they do what they are supposed to do, they should be cheap over the long haul.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Racer
    The 10 diffs cost alittle more then $600 I would have to check paypal again to see how much I paid. Its around $65ish a diff. Yeah people will save money and time in the long run.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    OFNA 10230.. 700,000 diff fluid Stormer.. I wanted heavier, but that is it as far as I know.
    The Traxxas 500k is better at firming up the diff action. If you put it in the diff and let it set open for 20 min to get all the air bubbles out. That is why grease does not work great it holds too much air and turns to butter while driving. The Ofna 120,000 also works very good when bubble free. Use a bright light to look into the fluid and you can see the bubbles slowly rising to the surface, very slowly. This also helps on shock rebuilding, even 55w will take a couple of min for all the bubbles to float up.

I am still running the prototype in the rear of mine
    I tried fairly hard without being foolish to get it to fail
    Blew the front (plastic)one out again.The rear is still going strong.i don't think with normal use the diffs will grenade even pretty hard running something else will break first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamann; 11-24-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Is anyone selling these besides the Germans. I could hardly navigate through the web site. They do have pretty impressive milling capability though. PM me if you know of a link.

RC Qualifier
    i just got two of these diffs and i can't wait. I won't put them in til spring when i put in my brushless setup.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OnebadTMAXX3.3 View Post
    i just got two of these diffs and i can't wait. I won't put them in til spring when i put in my brushless setup.
    I would be glad to season them for you this winter !

Now there's a FRIEND!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    wow i feel so loved! of course you can season these for me. But i would have to use your truck while they are being seasoned! LOL
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    Well I did another step to beef up my driveline while waiting to get a set of those German diff's. I put in a set of center drive shafts # 5650R after reading lots of reviews from E revo and brushless E revo owners. Seems the wheel drive shafts that we can't use anyways bend a lot but the center ones last through much abuse. The brushless E revo owners were having the same problem of twisting driveshafts I had. My last one lost a E clip and the pin worked its way out enough to catch and snap the end of the shaft right off. Seems like they addressed this problem in the 5650R instruction sheet when they say the new clips are prevented from falling out by the aluminum lock ring. Hope this works good for the Summit along with aluminum diff's and RR steel slipper clutch which has worked perfect from day one.

RC poster
    Has anyone tried these? How are they working for you?

Eric

very expensive

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Mike Summit It is convenient for European customers like me.

RC Racer
    Jamann has tried them he posted above on this topic. Jamann made a video with the aluminum diffs in his summit and he couldnt destroy them. He beat the summit intill another part broke.

RC poster
    Has anyone tried these? How are they working for you?

Eric

RC Qualifier

I've placed an order this evening for a pair, looks like some are still available on the next available batch (this Friday), otherwise I should wait for the next batch made ​​in 2 weeks. For information about ordering process you can contact Georg. I'm very curious to test these diff carier made of aluminium. Because I want to make some testing with different grease and oils, I think that the screw holes of the plastic stock diff housing will not resist so much.

Scan-sum-IT project topic coming soon with lots of pics about different upgrades recommended on this forum, and others. For now (since some weeks) I plan and gathers all the necessary parts. I can not wait to start!
    Last edited by Scaniris; 12-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.

That video looks really familiar...hmmmmm...LOL
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Nice i have another 10 diffs getting shipped out friday too.

RC Qualifier
    Yes !!! I can't wait to try this mod. The bigger tires and Tekin motor put a lot more stress on the drive train. I am always worried when I get a little crazy with the throttle that I will blow another diff or ring gear. I also have a spare set of bearings for everything that I keep packed with marine grade grease. Every time I take something apart I put fresh ones in just for peace of mind. One thing I noticed when looking at Revo diffs was the Summit diff is supported much better by the 3 sets of bearings in the case.

These Carriers WILL NOT flex, maybe in a vise.something else will break first.i for one AM happy to not have to tear them out regularly anymore.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I just got another 10 aluminum diffs!

RC Qualifier
    Drooling already, any updates from others who have installed these. After much research in the Revo aluminum diffs, those all had a fatal flaw of not using the support plates on the HD diff gear set and only letting the cross shaft float in a slot. I am glad to see these have the cut outs like the stock one so if the machining is correct they should last forever and only need oil changes. Now someone needs to make good gasket material to replace that black main one that tears if you look at it wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I got mine in the mail this Monday from Germany, I will normally install them this weekend, I will give a little feedback.

RC Competitor
    Any word of a reseller in the U.S.?

RC Competitor
    my first of all of this diffs (first two prototypes in germany) work great in my "big blue" lol!

RC Qualifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast