RC Qualifier

This will be a lcg slash 4x4

It uses so many of the slash 4x4 parts that modifying the chassis to be a lcg slash 4x4 shouldn't be too difficult.

This is what I have so far:

6430 Front Bulkhead: $8
    6429 Rear Bulkhead: $6
    6421 top plate: $20
    6460 bottom plate $60
    6460 Really nice motor mount: $40
    6461 Motor adapter: $call ???

There will be more added to this list but it's looking promising to create your own lcg slash from all traxxas parts for not much $$$.

Maybe I'll get the top and bottom plate and come up w/ a template I can post on here for others to use to create their own plates. The template will be a shortened version so you can create your own lcg chassis. That way you won't have to spend the $80 and can simply get some aluminum plate from your local hardware store and create your own.

My only concerns right now are:
    1. how far is the motor mount from the rear diff so that we can use our center diff. The motor mount uses the same size bearing so it should fit.
    2. how to mount the bumpers to the chassis, they already mount to the diff housings
    3. ???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've seen the conversion kit for the slash to make it a street racer, I thinks if not wrong a STRC kit to do the bumpers. Also probably a aluminum LCG chassis would work too.

RC Qualifier
    i really want to know if i can use the axels they look pretty stout

it looks eeriely similiar to the ssc chassis setup:

if you made an undertray like traxxas did to aid in the aerodynamics and lowered the suspension and tweaked a few more things it would probably be very close in end result.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

This chassis is longer then the slash 4x4's
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    yep it does look like the scc chassis. Hopefully though we can do it now w/ all traxxas oem parts and for a lot le$$

Quote Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
    yep it does look like the scc chassis. Hopefully though we can do it now w/ all traxxas oem parts and for a lot le$$
    the traxxas oem chassis is significantly longer as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    the traxxas oem chassis is significantly longer as well.
    Read above. The idea is the key parts for a lcg slash are the bulkheads from the xo-1. One simply needs to copy the xo-1 chassis but shorten it. I'm hoping to do this then I will post a template for others to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
    Read above. The idea is the key parts for a lcg slash are the bulkheads from the xo-1. One simply needs to copy the xo-1 chassis but shorten it. I'm hoping to do this then I will post a template for others to use.
    i guess i'm just curious as to why you wouldn't just use an ssc chassis then?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    i guess i'm just curious as to why you wouldn't just use an ssc chassis then?
    I can get aluminum plate for $12 at a local hardware store. This approach would be significantly less than $180 ssc or trce.

RC Champion
    Is it good plate aluminium or trash can aluminium? That is were the cost is.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    It's nice stuff that is 1/8" thick or 3.1mm. I use it a lot w/ no issue. I have actually used it for motor mounts for 1/8 buggies running huge motors and 4s lipo. I'll be perfect for a lcg chassis.

I just can't wait till those bulk heads are available

RC Qualifier
    I started my XO-SC. It has a long ways to go but you can see there is potential. It's about 1/2" wider and 1/2" longer wheelbase than an SC8. I'm not doing this for any other reason than to see if I can. But I do expect it to handle pretty well.

RC Champion
    Looking good! What happened to your home depot chassis? What center diff are you using? Stand up servo?

RC Qualifier
    Ace hardware chassis

I took my (other) lcg slash on a 1/8 track and decided I wanted something bigger to tackle it with. I can see myself shortening the chassis and using durango sc wheels to bring it back to 1/10 spec. But I want to try this out first.

The center diff is an RC8 diff b/c I wanted a center diff that is strong and can run metal gears. I'm hoping to use the stock xo servo mount. This layout is completely up in a the air. I thought I'd consider this battery configuration this way b/c it turns out those 2 batteries weigh the exact same as the motor, esc, receiver, and servo.

RC Competitor
    what about slash wheels bumpers and sc8 shocks cage and body ?
    the xo1's only 3inches longer than a sc8 then you would have a 1/8 TRAXXAS sc thats half the weight twice the power and has full on cage and body protection ? just thought id throw that at ya
    slash pe, sct 2400, 4s. yehaaaaa

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the thoughts, all are welcome. I really like the traxxas revo shocks, I use them on everything. They are just as big if not bigger than most 1/8 shocks. I do plan on using slash 4x4 bumpers but probably an sc8 body. I do expect it to have some weight savings but not much.

One of the major hurdles will be fixing the negative caster in the front and positive caster in the back. I'm going to run it first w/o changing this to see how it does but I'm not too hopeful.

RC Champion
    Okay, did the sl4sh shock towers mount up okay? Looks like it. Rc8 diffs are plenty strong, but the metal spur noise might get a little annoying but will demand respect from other racers Those orange Tacons are getting hard to find. I own a few of the smaller 36mm models and they seam to be a fairly solid 4 pole. I wish I had picked up a big can like yours.

RC Champion
    Looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    The shock towers mounted up just fine b/c it's the same diff housing as the slash 4x4. I've always tried to use the RC8 diffs b/c they are so solid and the metal gear spur. I've used it in my lcg e-slayer and I'd love to use it in my current slash 4x4 if I could find a way.

Most likely I won't use that tacon but yes it's a keeper. It's just what I had laying around for fitment. I have a tekin T8 2000kv in a my summit I'll probably end up using.

RC Racer
    man i want to do a conversion like this to my slash 4x4. i guess its time to hit the parts website.....

RC Qualifier
    That's what I did. I have the battery tray, servo/receiver mount, driveshaft tunnel, etc all showing up. I'm actually going to try to use the center driveshaft tube connected to the rc8 first. I know I'm showing revo shafts now but that's sort of a last resort.

The only issue I see w/ the driveshaft tube is when I correct the caster I won't be able to use it anymore. I will tell you buying the parts and piecing this together is very cheap if you already have a slash 4x4.

RC Racer
    Having someone like you testing is going to make everyone else's life a lot easier .

please post all part numbers when your done with testing and have all final fitment. ! please!

RC Qualifier
    One of the costs I'm trying to avoid are the cvd's. They are very expensive but the stub axles are reasonably priced, actually less than the teknos. If you are going to stay w/ 1/10 scale I'd stick w/ whatever you are currently running on your slash 4x4. Since I want 1/8 scale I'm going to use the xo stubs and create adapters to my tekno axles. I have a milling machine to do this so that cost won't be applicable to most.

Axles aside, the battery trays, driveshaft tunnel, etc are less than $20 shipped from a favorite _bay seller. The part that will make this totally unfeasible (for most) is the fixing of the caster. I expect to have to put the bulk heads in the mill and plane them to the correct angle.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is one cool looking e-slayer....

RC Qualifier
    It looked cool and handled about as well as a slayer ever could, but in the end it was horrible compared to an lcg slash 4x4. Trust me, I tried for over a year to get that thing to perform but in the end the revo chassis concept doesn't work well for 1/10 sc.

RC Racer
    dang thats no good well if you ever go into production !!!!!!! let me no i like buying custom parts.!

And working at a hobby store i am always trying to be on the leading edge with products....

RC Qualifier
    Here's a little progress. This will most likely be the go-forward configuration as it uses the stock battery/servo mounts. I re-made the top plate so that I could mount the rc8 tranny to it. I threw all the components on the scale to get an rtr weight and it'll be right around (or just under) 8lbs. I'll update this some more but there is still a ways to go. Sorry for the bad picture.

RC Qualifier
    The front bulkhead going under the knife

I wasn't crazy about this project but I can simply get two new bulkheads and start doing speed runs I guess.

RC Qualifier
    Is this supposed to be the same size as aXO-1?Will you be able to use to the XO body ?
    Dont get why your labeling it a XO .. Looks like a homeade rig with some xo-parts no offense just sayin

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    Is this supposed to be the same size as aXO-1?Will you be able to use to the XO body ?
    Dont get why your labeling it a XO .. Looks like a homeade rig with some xo-parts no offense just sayin

It's mostly an XO:

-XO bottom plate
    -XO battery holder
    -XO servo holder
    -XO diffs
    -XO diff holders
    -XO shock towers
    -XO shocks
    -XO driveshaft tunnel
    -XO hubs
    -XO hexes
    -The suspension arms are extended slash 4x4 arms you can buy and the xo arms are in fact slash 4x4 arms

I'm using an rc8 diff b/c the xo doesn't have one. With that I needed a slightly modified top plate. The bulkheads need to be changed up for an off road setup.

just sayin

genXrated
    That's a really cool idea! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    You have access to a good sized mill there sir. I am jealous.