RC Racer

gearing questions, need help

so here is what happened, last week i bought 2 traxxas 1600 batteries with the series connector for 20 bucks, good deal right!!! so i charge the batteries wait for cool down hook everything up i buzzed down my alley coming back to my garage i hear clicking noise and the esc is smoking through the body

so obviously the stock gearing didnt work so i need to know do i gear up or gear down and sizes and which ones to switch i have replaced the esc everything works fine so..............just need help in gearing for more power

RC poster
    I don't know all that much about gearing yet as I'm new to these type of RCs, but it does say on the Traxxas Ken Block page in a big box and more than once in the manual that if you are installing two batteries in series that you must install the larger pinion that is supplied in the box or it will fry your esc. Is that what you did?

RC Racer
    i left the stock gearing in i bought it used so it didnt come with a box or anything else,
    ill go look to see what is stock and what is the optional gearing for the series connector

RC poster
    Ah ok, I bought mine new and it came with an additional high speed pinion in the box.

Or are they LiPo batteries? They can't be connected in series at all from what I've read so far, only parallel.

If you didn't get a manual it can be found here in pdf form: http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...l_101110_0.pdf

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...lock-downloads

RC Racer
    nope traxxas nimh batteries, and i read the manual online already and it said never hook up in series lol ****it!!!!
    but the gearing chart and the schematic online and towerhobbies has so many options i dont know which one to use
    thanks for the links i appreciate it

RC Racer
    ok so anyone??? with the parellel connector do i gear up or gear down, and sizes??

RC Competitor
    I was sure you don't need to change anything to use the parallel connector, just keep it all stock ?

RC Racer
    dude i dont know i guess i will find out lol