Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Stock it tops out at 105-7. But soon people will mod them to go much faster.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC poster
    Hey for all want to know if nitro rustler can be 2 speed ''''yesss can be done I saw a video from YouTube some one did it but with to many work I did to easy just buy jato transmition and engine mount and put it like was the rustler trans and mount just make a small line hole on the chasis for flywheell and that it you will have a rustler 2 speed haaaa you need all linking break and throttle complete jato I spend 9 for complete jato engine mount and 7 on throttle linking and 7 break of total of 23 $ I justmy drill to make the line hole for the fly wheel and I have a fast 2 speed rustler I already run 83 with 3.3 engine and. 28 force carbulator and I already ran with other jato and they can go fast like me all my jato friend don't believe is a rustler they think is a jato with to many upgrade if any one think can't be don't just try and you will change you mine at nitro 2 speed rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by garivera25 View Post
    Hey for all want to know if nitro rustler can be 2 speed ''''yesss can be done I saw a video from YouTube some one did it but with to many work I did to easy just buy jato transmition and engine mount and put it like was the rustler trans and mount just make a small line hole on the chasis for flywheell and that it you will have a rustler 2 speed haaaa you need all linking break and throttle complete jato I spend 9 for complete jato engine mount and 7 on throttle linking and 7 break of total of 23 $ I justmy drill to make the line hole for the fly wheel and I have a fast 2 speed rustler I already run 83 with 3.3 engine and. 28 force carbulator and I already ran with other jato and they can go fast like me all my jato friend don't believe is a rustler they think is a jato with to many upgrade if any one think can't be don't just try and you will change you mine at nitro 2 speed rustler
    You don't say.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    Wel... in the end of all discussions it's traxxas fault!! they make rc's that we WANT, or MODIFY.

What wil go faster..... who cares, as long it's fun....

ps my rustler wil smoke any stock xo-1 :-) soon i hope lol

RC Qualifier
    the rustler can beat the xo-1 with a castle 5700 kv motor, 4s lipo and the 76/31 spur/pinion
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by petraeus View Post
    And then you're still going to call it a Rustler?
    "Hey look - I've got a freaking fast speed Rustler"
    "All parts though, are from the XO-1, but the sticker on the body says it's a Rustler"
    Get over it - even an unmodified XO-1 will be faster that a Rustler any day.

I totally agree with you

RC Qualifier
    This Rustler vs XO-1 nonsense is as pointless as a heavily modified Honda that can beat a stock Porsche. At the end of the day it's still a Honda and the Porsche keeps running the same "slow" times the rest of its life without many issues while the Honda spends 80% of it's life being worked on.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    if i had a glass smooth straight of 1000ft + long with little wind. i would bet on the xo-1 other wise rustler all the way.

in a few years time the xo-1 will do better as more time on setting up would of been done also more parts would of been released for it.
    Last edited by turok; 04-29-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    Like said before at the end of the day just its a Rustler you just cant compare it to the Xo.. Im sure there are plenty of ppl that own a 100MPH that went out n bought the XO-1 as soon as it came out whether or not they could afford it just because they got tired of dumping cash into a rustler tryin to keep it at 100mph+

RC Racer
    If you want to build something that is uniquely yours, buy a roller and put your own electrics in it. The xo-1 does 100+ out of the box, and does so very stable. Push the xo-1 to the ragged edge by doing something more extreme. Mgm esc 12s+ choose a rediculous neu motor. If you want to tinker, start with the better platform. Shoot for 150+ mph!

RC Qualifier
    Rusty - lots of work, will hit 100mph, speed passes only.
    XO-1 - Will hit 100mph if you have skills and patience, better at sustained running. Very rarely see an X0 speed pass video that doesn't end in a crash, or prematurely.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    The XO-1 will smoke any so called Rustler. Some will propably push the XO-1 to +130 mph.
    And it will still be driveable both highspeed runs and on a track a full battery pack. And still look awesome.

big words for a car that isn't in the shops. on a side note 130mph is not really fast for a RC car. as some go alot faster.
    YouTube says different.

And it depends on if you mean a drag race or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I understand and agree with building or modding it to maie it your own. Nothing saying you cant do the same with the XO-1 and build it to go 130 mph or 150 mph or whatever speed this thing winds up being able to achieve. The potential to make it go faster is there IMO.
    I didn't consider the fact that the XO-1 could/would go faster than 100 with mods... That's quite a concept to consider.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I can't believe there is a debate.

The Rusty is faster on a typical dirt track, the XO-1 is faster on a pave mile long oval. Get over it.

Any upgrade to the Rusty can be done to the XO-1... Bigger motor? Check. Upgrade your shocks? Check. Smarter esc? Check. Add frontal weight? Check. Ceramic bearings? Check...

I love my rusty but it won't go as fast as the XO-1.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Well, you dont see that manny 100 mph passes in xo1, or what do you mean. Well, i believe the xo1 hit 100 out of the box, but on the edge as well, just as the rustler hit 70. But for consistency, you need modding of course. There are several people lightmodding the xo1, for example springs, dampers, weight in front. That will bring them to 100 more consistant i believe.
    You obviously are not an XO-1 owner, And making complete speculation. Everyone who has the space to open the XO-1 up and hold the throttle open will hit 100mph. The only thing keeping the XO-1 from EXCEEDING 100mph strait out of the box is 1) small running areas/rough surface 2) operator error. PERIOD I charge my batteries, go to my local municipal airport and drive the wheelz off it from end to end. 105mph out of the box before any esc tuning. Now that I have cranked the timing up I expect to see 108mph and a lot more heat.

RC Enthusiast
    To make a Rustler go pass 100

Vxl roller $80
    Grp tires $59
    Used Mmm 2200 combo 210
    Integy progressive rear springs for slash 11.99
    Flysky $43 (1.5 mile range yes tested)
    Front and rear arms shock towers front bumper by rpm 50.85
    Stock timing
    90 punch control
    No throttle curve
    No throttle exponential
    2 x 30c 5000mah skylipo 84.53

$539.37

Pass 100 and more all day. Every day!

If you are not a sucker for name brands. A leopard 150a 2150kv combo for $179 will do past 100 easy.

For anyone who is looking for the so called xo-1 better mmn ESC

Get a used mmm for around 90 and then solder a 21.99 cap pack. BA boom!

Its not how it looks. Its how it drives and the driver.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    You forgot to add
    - aluminum tranny case $60
    - gears for 100 mph $40
    - 17 mm adapters $30
    - you cant find a used mmm combo for $210 everyday more like $250
    And all the weight on the front of the car and the aero will not be as good as the xo1.

So in the end more like $700 for the setup and dont forget shipping.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    You forgot to add
    - aluminum tranny case $60
    - gears for 100 mph $40
    - 17 mm adapters $30
    - you cant find a used mmm combo for $210 everyday more like $250
    And all the weight on the front of the car and the aero will not be as good as the xo1.

So in the end more like $700 for the setup and dont forget shipping.
    OK then xo-1 is better. I guess its just a case of xo-1 owners not having cameras and not having enough time to upload the 100+ videos to YouTube.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I just got my tax refund a few weeks ago, I'm tempted to buy one and see what it can do. I loves me Rusty but It's very obvious the XO-1 will beat the pants off the rustler any day of the week. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise. But would I want to bash in my backyard with the XO-1? No, of course not.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DasRustler View Post
    OK then xo-1 is better. I guess its just a case of xo-1 owners not having cameras and not having enough time to upload the 100+ videos to YouTube.

maybe they havin to much fun driving it instead of tryin to record it .. soon you will see 100MPH vids though
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    I would worry about the stance. I don't have either of these but my erbe can handle way faster speeds than my slash for longer periods of time. Also the bigger the vehicle the easier it is to control.
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I just got my tax refund a few weeks ago, I'm tempted to buy one and see what it can do. I loves me Rusty but It's very obvious the XO-1 will beat the pants off the rustler any day of the week. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise. But would I want to bash in my backyard with the XO-1? No, of course not.
    Because of GPS and radar verified speed runs on the internet, to be quite exact.

Not saying anything bad about the XO whatsoever, only that a rustler can be modded to drag race faster than a stock XO.

And when it comes time to turn, the XO will win. When it comes to sustained speed, the XO will win.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    maybe they havin to much fun driving it instead of tryin to record it .. soon you will see 100MPH vids though
    Or scratching their heads in aww why this so called super car is having so much trouble hitting 100 as the big bold letters on the colorful box states.

Oh well.

I'm not a speed run guy mainly because it's a lot of work and I'm a fair weather basher-meaning I'll bash for a few hours every month or so.

BUT, I believe it was those Rusty owners who pushed the speed envelope for so long and so hard that made the XO-1 possible. If those guys weren't pushing the Rustler to speeds in the 70-100 mph range, I don't think Traxxas would have made a car that is 100 mph out of the box. We might have seen a car that was 70 mph out of the box.

So my hat is off to those guys whose research made it possible. I'm serious here: it took a lot of time and research to put together a 1/10 car that could run those speeds.

RC Qualifier
    at the end of the day .. The rustler is a $200 rc rtr that will cost close <est.$800 to make it a 100mph car ..
    The xo-1 is a $1000 rtr that goes 100MPH and will cost <est. $800 to $1800 to get it to 125-150 mph range .. whats there to compare anymore .

RC Qualifier
    The xo-1 is a $1000 rtr that goes 100MPH and will cost <est. $800 to $1800 to get it to 125-150 mph range .. whats there to compare anymore .
    One is theoretical and one is proven.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    One is theoretical and one is proven.
    Then the guy from Kershaw Designs is lying to me saying he has done it and advertising a false setup for sale , I'll take his word on it for now and hopefully hes right because at over $800 I'd be pretty PO'd if it didnt ..

This is what they are selling and in a email to them I got the reply that they have done 125mph , so who knows
    http://204.186.93.64/X0-1-5682Mount.htm

RC Champion
    This is what they are selling and in a email to them I got the reply that they have done 125mph , so who knows
    Exactly! who knows...stand back from the claim for a moment & look at it objectively

What is the common limiting factor regardless of how much horsepower/voltage you run? the tyres

What are the tyres rated to? Traxxas claim 118mph....that's a long way short of the Kershaw claim & highly unlikely that 150mph will be possible

150mph in RC terms is virtually impossible to achieve at the moment & only a handful of very experienced people have achieved or passed this mark to date. I would be extremely skeptical of after market seller who make any claims like this. And from my own experience by very careful with this seller full stop...promises are easy to make but hard to keep

RC Qualifier
    Yea me personally I dont believe it till I see it but if theres gotta be people experimenting with the XO-1 just as people have with the rustler so then 100MPH isnt an objective no more . Just because it hasnt hit the limelight doesnt mean its not happening . But the people demand to see it . In another thread somone allready hit over 125 with a xo-2 or so he called it. But I only hit 69 in my slash today so 150 seems very impossible lol

RC Champion
    Yea me personally I dont believe it till I see it
    Thought you were taking his word for it?

RC Qualifier
    Yea me personally[U]usually[/U] I dont believe it till I see it but if theres gotta be people experimenting with the XO-1 just as people have with the rustler so then 100MPH isnt an objective no more . Just because it hasnt hit the limelight doesnt mean its not happening . But the people demand to see it . In another thread somone allready hit over 125 with a xo-2 or so he called it. But I only hit 69 in my slash today so 150 seems very impossible lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    Thought you were taking his word for it?
    fixed ..

RC Qualifier
    look for the review of the xo-1 at rc car action.com
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by f687s View Post
    look for the review of the xo-1 at rc car action.com
    What are we looking for? I'm no longer a subscriber because they base reviews on how much $$$$ they get from that company for advertising but from what I can tell from their website it's a 1/8th scale onroader that comes factory prepared for 100+ MPH speeds and that's it (provided that you have a $400 iDevice, that is). Been there, done that, that kind of speed is easy with any 1/8th scale onroad buggy converted to road use.... Again I must ask, what should we be looking for in this review?

RC Competitor
    I think your missing the point that the XO-1 is a gorgeous super car where as a Buggy is by no means gorgeous or even nice to look at infact you get laughed at when people see a grown man playing with a 1/8 scale toy buggy with over $1000+ wasted on it.And yes, never go by a review it doesnt mean i must ignore what is said everyone is entitled to there own opinion. and a ipod touch isnt $400.
    Last edited by John McClane; 07-05-2012 at 07:44 AM.

3 words, High Speed Stability....

Nuff said....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Racer
    this is like debating on if a 2,000 dollar honda civic could be faster than a lambo.. of course it could with enough work but at the end of the day it comes down to what you would rather drive the honda or the Lambo and in our case a 200 dollar rustler or a 1100 dollar xo-1. if your into modding and creating a super fast rustler than by all means do so but its pointless putting it in the same conversation as the XO-1 or in the xo-1 section of the forum for that matter.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ddaniels View Post
    this is like debating on if a 2,000 dollar honda civic could be faster than a lambo.. of course it could with enough work but at the end of the day it comes down to what you would rather drive the honda or the Lambo and in our case a 200 dollar rustler or a 1100 dollar xo-1. if your into modding and creating a super fast rustler than by all means do so but its pointless putting it in the same conversation as the XO-1 or in the xo-1 section of the forum for that matter.
    That's funny... because I almost replied with the exact same comparison. Sooner or later guys will be modding the XO1 with 8+ cells and hit 125+mph with no problems.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Racer
    exacly this thread was pointless

Anything the rustler can do speedwise, the X01 can and will do better.

RC Racer
    Myself I'm not out to hit 100 mph. In my one XO-1 that is unlocked I have a 29 tooth pinion in it. Whatever it is running for speed I can run it at max for a long ways. It is way fast enough for me. I don't have an ipod or iphone or any gps and i don't care to own any of these. My other XO-1 isn't unlocked that I run every night in the road in front of my house. I just like street bashing. I'm thinking about selling one of them. I would love to get another unlocked ESC for my basher so I can gear it up a little. I can't believe noone is selling unlocked ESC's yet. I've seen two for sale so far and I got one of them. If I do keep both of them one will end up like Millzee's off roader.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast