Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    The XO-1 will smoke any so called Rustler. Some will propably push the XO-1 to +130 mph.
    And it will still be driveable both highspeed runs and on a track a full battery pack. And still look awesome.

big words for a car that isn't in the shops. on a side note 130mph is not really fast for a RC car. as some go alot faster.
    If you felt like looking through youtube you could find at least 5 100+mph rustlers, and dozens of sub 100mph X0's.

Show me a vid of an X0 going 130. I have only ever seen 3 vids of 130+, ever. One is the world record holder at 161, one is the world record holder on his previous record, and one is 151mph pan car. 130mph is absolutely the upper echelon of RC.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Anything the rustler can do speedwise, the X01 can and will do better.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    +1 O.G. is speaking with logic and wisdom.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Xo-1 is great, but saying people will brake 120 and 130 mph soon is not accurate. What is "soon" anyways? Do you people even know how to "soft mod" you own xo-1 to beginn with? As I said before, looking at all these xo-1 threads, there are not to many that manage to run 100 mph anyway. I can imagine that you think just because the rustler made 100 mph (30 mph more then stock), the xo-1 can do it as well. But as we all know it doesnt work that way.

Second, how can a purpose built speedrunner even be competitive at a track? Thats like two different setups. Making a statement like that only shows ones ignorance.
    Dont kno how I manage to run against Gtp's and DM1's on our little track till about 5am couple nights a week if thats the case but you should get one and see for yourself ..

Yes it will break 120-130 if they throw the right esc/motor/battery combo in there ..
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

A purpose built speedruner wont even have the same setup as one for circuit racing, not even close. Speedrunner is made for straight line runs versus circuit racing. Who says your xo-1 is set up for straight line speed the proper way? The gearing used for speedruns is not suitable for circuit racing either. Your comment isnt vaild.

How do you know the xo-1 will brake 120-130? Judging by the process, people still have a hard time braking the 100 mph goal, and that is with modded xo-1 cars. It is not only by putting the right engine, motor, and battery, its far more complex.

We have motors, esc and batteries that are powerful than enough. Problem is keeping the car straight and stable, and prevent it from flying. Also the tires are an issue, there arent that many 100 mph rated tires out there to beginn with either, even the stock xo-1 tires shred after hard runs wich we have seen. One problem is also radio distance and visual sight.

I mean, people were unsure if the rustler could hit 100 mph, I understand them. But 120-130 seem to be a whole other game, not just "30 mph" more then stock.

What indication do you have in this state, that the xo-1 even will brake 110 mph in near future? Or 120-130 (boy 10 mph is really much in these kind of speeds)?
    The XO-1 is built to be a speed demon out of the box. But b/c it is mostly base on the Slash 4x4 is can easily be setup on 1/8 scale on road racing. All you need to do is just adjust the settings and suspension(BC it does have options available on it) get a race dedicated power system and the right tires. And BC its not just a lcg 1/8th buggy with on road tires it actually have a advantage BC of the perfect center and weight balance and stiff chassis. Also you get even better motor.cooling which is key for racing. As for comparing a speed rustler to a xo-1. The xo-1 is just a overall faster and better vehicle period. You see a lot of people record 100+ rustler runs BC its almost near impossible to achieve were its not a huge deal if a xo-1 hits 100mph BC its already expected. Plus also.of people might be even scared to push the car to the potential.

And if you really want to push the enevlop the rustler is a waste for speed running when you can buy a tc4, mmp 7700kv combo and 4s lipo and easily hit 120mph. Its on YouTube and the Guy has had this setup years before the rustler was doing 100mph. The car is so light you can utilize and push the motor past its limit. Got some 130plus tc4 up there too.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-08-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: post merge
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    One of the main reasons xo1 owners have such a difficult time hitting 100mph is due to access of a proper runway. The traxxas guys hit the 100mph speeds on race tracks. In the real world, a small pebble or road reflector is big enough to spin the car out of control. The rustler has an advantage here because the chassis is raised higher and can handle poor surfaces much better than the xo1.

The reason why so many xo1 owners modify them is to make them easier to drive for non-track conditions. The car and driver guys were total noobs and managed to clock 101mph with access to a quarter mile drag strip. If you look around online the majority of the dm1 crowd clocking 110-120's are doing so on airplane run ways and 4 lane open roads. I respect the rustlers doing 100mph... but these set ups are highly modified and take tweaking to accomplish. Take an xo1 out of the box, put it on a racetrack or airport runway and it will clock 100mph with a 25c lipo from the factory. In time to come the xo1 will have more support and continue to reach higher top speeds.

On a side note, please name another traxxas car that can clock the advertised speed on the box with zero modifications. Because I had to make changes to do so on my ERBE, 4tec 3.3, and my Spartan. It seems that you're always about 5mph slower out of the box.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Champion
    i still think this thread is funny. some people still seem think the 2 fastest cars on this planet are the rustler and the xo1. but from what ive seen the fastest out of theses 2 cars is the rustler at the moment. but if the xo1 had a low drag body fitted it would go a bit faster.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

Well, a 7700kv motor and 4s, how stable setup. The tc4 is a onroad touring car with much better aero than the rustler, which is a truck. I still dont see any 120 or 130 mph xo-1 in the near future, judging by the process. Today, just read the forums and you see how many people that has a hard time even reaching 100 mph.

Of course the xo-1 is faster then the rustler because it built for speed. What I dont like it that people assume the xo-1 will achieve +20-30 mph easily, when theres no indications of it in current state.
    Its been stable for a lot of tc4 owners for years. But the fact is the Rustler is not a vehicle to do speed runs in when you have other cars that can go faster, quicker with more stability and being a lot cheaper.Someone hit 130 with a MMM using a Losi 4800kv and 6s lipo setup and there a video of a 157mph TC4 and it didn't need a huge race track. Its funny BC the tc4 is perfect for speed. Super smooth shaft driven design that's 4wd in a super light chassis. Amazing power to weight ratio. The Tc4 is a amazing platform that Associated brought it back as a gt racer and basher. Must tell you something about a platform when the company has a TC6.1 on the market. But what you need to realize and this a lot plague most speed run cars is heat. 2 passes and the motor is hot!! The XO-1 does not suffer from this which is exactly why its better then the Rustler. Plus you have a lot more Rustlers out there then Xo-1 so you WILL see more speed video. This is just getting silly. In the long run...you're better off buying the XO-1 for speed.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 07-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Okay, that could be true even though its agains the rules to discuss non traxxas vehicles...nevermind. There are less 100 mph rustlers out there than xo-1 i believe. Just look at the rustler vs xo-1 forums. There is one active thread about a mamba 2200kv build, vs alot of threads in the xo-1 section about people wanting to do 100 mph runs. Actually there arent that many 100 mph videos out there about rustlers doing 100 mpg runs. As i mentioned before manny of these videos are questionable anyways.
    If it's questionable then why even get into a debate about it? Traxxas has the engineers that knew exactly what they were trying to achieve when they built the XO-1. If the Rustler was a better platform Traxxas would have used it. They have looked at what most speed vehicles are built on and most if not all are 4wd and running crazy amount of power.

And around and around and around we go.
    This thread has run its course; went from 0-100-0 faster than an XO-1 and Rustler with a 2200kv motor.
    The Super Derecho

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234