Thread: oh BOY... ERROR

RC poster

oh BOY... ERROR

i recently bought a slash truck 4 days ago. was working great although it seemed the battterie would die after 20 minutes of use even hafter charging 8 hours like it recomends. I wanted to have fun and took it out in the snow yesterday, not deep snow maybe an inch if that. just on the pavement. tires were a little snowy, body was too but i wasnt worried about it. Dried it off, took out the battiery and left it over night. work up this morning only to try it and to find when i push the throttle it makes a high pitch humming noise. light is solid red so its not my ESC. at first i though it was my battery that wasnt charged enough. but now i dont know. when i plug it into the wall the light on the charger is a solid green, making me now think its the...... i have no idea help please, need ideas.

the steering works perfect not a single flaw in that its the rear tires that wont spin, just makes a noice when i give it throttle

RC Qualifier
    Is it the brushed or brushless (vxl) setup? If its the brushed, you may have fried the motor. If its the brushless, i would say it has to be the battery. The brushless setup is (for the most part) waterproof.
    What kind of battery? Nimh or Lipo?
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC poster
    its brushed, yep probably, the motor. which is a bummer. and its Nimh. might as well put another 70 dollars into it to get a brushless motor. from what i hear its not worth buying a brushed motor, chances of blowing the motor the second time is 99.9%, correct? plus im going to be driving it like a maniac, no point of a rc car to just cruise it back and forth.
    would it be well worth my money just throw the extra 50 dollars for the brushless?

thanks loudcam, wasnt what i wanted to hear but its what i needed to hear....

RC Enthusiast
    if your going to spend the money on a brushless system look around first as there a few different ones you could get like the castle sct or even ezrun and save some money for lipo`s as they will be better for the bl system

RC poster
    yes i do what to look into getting a lip although its quite expensive, gonna have to wait a bit. however would running a nihm battery with a brushless system be bad for it. in otherwords is there a chance im going to blow the moter n have to throw more money into it, if thats the case ill just wait n get them both together

RC Racer
    You will not Hurt the Brushless with NIHM Batts.. Before you go and Buy a new motor Try taking the Motor out and Using canned air or an Air compressor blow the motor out. and then put a drop of Electric Motor oil or All purpose household oil on the bushing front and rear.. The Titan uses bushing and when they are hot and get wet the corrode almost instantly a cpl drops should do the trick..
    Rally Red Rider I & II
    Race'em RC

After removing the motor you can connect the motor wires directly to a battery and if it spins well, look for problems elsewhere.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    the gear on the motor shaft (cant think of the name) mite be loose or the clutch maybe loose?
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhgonzo 2 View Post
    the gear on the motor shaft (cant think of the name) mite be loose or the clutch maybe loose?
    Pinion gear
    Backslash Or Bust!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    When running in wet conditions all the bearings and the motor bushings need to be attended to right away after getting wet. If not they will fail.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...