Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Well looks the the snow is coming. Hoping there is enough to test this bad boy out tonight. Hope it's not an epic fail. That would probably ruin my day. Lol. Will try to get a video up tonight!
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by spartandeadinwater138 View Post
    Will get a video up as soon as we get some more snow. I've never wanted it to snow so bad in my life. Lol
    I here you on that. I just got my plow build done and want it to snow badly. I was out plowing mulch in the flower beds

RC Qualifier
    Well we got about 3" of snow tonight so I gave the summit and plow her maiden voyage. And all I can say is I was completely amazed. The tire chains were insane on the canyons. Not the best video considering my dad is technology retarded lol, but you can get an idea of how well this thing really works. Next snow I will get a better video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdUB...aJ3R_XYF09JWCu
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    Got to admit I'm thoroughly impressed..... Never thought I would ever see a small scale snow plow that actually worked and kept up traction while plowing. Well done my friend

RC Qualifier
    Well as you can see from the video, this plow works better than I ever imagined. But since this video I have made a couple changes.
    The angle servo was very cool an at least I can say I made a fully functioning plow by remote, but it just wasn't very functional for plowing. So I decided to take the angle servo off and now I can angle the plow by pulling a pin, angling the plow and dropping the pin back in. Much more functional this way, and also made it so that I can use the traxxas 4ch stock tx. Which is MUCH more enjoyable. Also, bought a set of composite GTR shocks and stiffened them to the max so that the front end sags a little when the plow is lifted vs. having the completely solid front end like I had in the video.

I also just purchased a GoPro Hero2 today, that will be mounted on the roof, so a video of me actually plowing the driveway and not just driving around like a blind man because I was so pumped it was working. Lol.

Now all I need is some flippin snow and we will be set.
    Thanks for the interest in the build!!
    Bryan.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

Now all I need is some flippin snow and we will be set.
    Thanks for the interest in the build!!
    Bryan.
    Does the Rule of (1:1) Plow Purchasing apply to scale plows? For those of you unfamiliar with this rule, it states the "Purchasing a new snowplow is the kiss of DEATH for snowfall."
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

That is true^ I have used my snow chains once....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Does the Rule of (1:1) Plow Purchasing apply to scale plows? For those of you unfamiliar with this rule, it states the "Purchasing a new snowplow is the kiss of DEATH for snowfall."
    Man do I hope you are wrong! (if I interpreted that right) haha. All those hours of building and frustration to get it to perfection can't be wasted!! Lol. But sadly it may be true, I live in central Ohio which always gets snow and we've had one snow fall that was only about 2-3". I just want to plow!! Lol
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    sounds like when i wash my car on days when they are calling for a 15% or less chance of rain....... and it rains!
    hahha

Man do I hope you are wrong! (if I interpreted that right) haha. All those hours of building and frustration to get it to perfection can't be wasted!! Lol. But sadly it may be true, I live in central Ohio which always gets snow and we've had one snow fall that was only about 2-3". I just want to plow!! Lol
    You read that correctly but I hope I'm wrong too (for your sake). I can tell you that the rule applies to buying new snowthrowers.
    The snow in the video looked heavy and wet. You should be able to push a lot more powder with that setup. It is truly an impressive setup.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Sweet build! Starting a snowplow myself but having trouble with the control side of it. The plans i have drawn up in my head are very similar to yours.. did you ever run a frame under the summit to hold the plow ? How has the mount held up? How strong is your lift servo? And why exactly did you ditch the angle?

RC Racer
    Well after 20+ hours of work and frustration it is finally all working. I still have some minor adjustments and tinkering to do, but everything functions properly. I can drive the summit, raise and lower the plow, angle the plow an still lock the diffs and switch between hi/low gear. I still obviously need to paint it all up and I am going to add two led headlights above the plow as well. Here are some pics of everything mounted.

As you can tell I also need to run the servo wires but all is working well.
    Really great plow! A lot better than mine. Wht servos are you running?

RC poster
    And then get my spektrum receiver installed and get the channels figured out for my dx6i transmitter so I will have full control of everything.

Which Spektrum receiver did you end up using?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12