RC Racer

ezrun 60 amp esc and 17.5t brushless?

got the system in the mail yesterday and boy does that thing look small. i dont believe its going to work.
    any suggetions. i was reading the faq. and it said 17.5t would work, but, man i don't think so .small can motor. not the size i expected it came with the card and all i guess i can put on a smaller crawler.
    dont ya hate when what you think will work and dont eeeerrrrrr

thats how guys end up in the hobby deep..but hey gotta spend money on something might as well be healthy
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I'm just curious what you read during your research that would have lead you to believe it would work?

I would think a 120a setup would be a minimum starting point for a Summit BL setup.

I am with LaTuFu here...

60amp would be borderline (at least in my book) for a light 1/10th....
    I consider the Summit a 1/8th scale.

We are putting 60amp systems in 1/16th platforms... Revo, Summit, Rally, ect.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    XERUN 80A with 2200kv motor
    iguess i was looking more at the kv rating and learning motor turn and all than motor size .. plus got eager and saw ezrun instead of XERUN aahhh on that shmee bay sight and won a bid $104 aaaaannnnd got my money's worth hahaha well in the smaller crawler it'll go and on to look for the correct ONE. maybe a FoFF or....... thank you folks

RC Qualifier
    If you are only planning to run the summit on a 2s or 3s setup, and mainly in low gear, it will work great. Should have very good driveability. Now obviously you cant run over 3s on that ESC/motor, and it also may get hot if you do much high gear running, but if you only run high gear occasionally, I bet it would work fine for a long time.

I had a 60a ZTW ESC and Novak 540 ballistic 5800kv motor in a 3906 E-maxx and on a single 2s lipo it had about the same power as the stock motors, and in low range it had great driveability and was smooth. I think its a great setup for someone not concerned with top speed. The motor KV was too high to suit me, but its what i had laying around, so i tried it.

Lots of people have successfully ran the e-maxx on a VXL with 3s. It doesent weigh much less than a summit. Why not try it since you already have it?
    Cummins Powered!

RC Racer
    when you say 2s or 3s, more than likely 2s a s the battery box will only hold 2s on each side....do you mean 2s x's 2 or..?
    i also have 40 series mudslingers to turn. hhhhmmm

RC Qualifier
    With a setup like that you could run a single 2s. However, I would reccomend running 2 in parallel if you are going to try it. they make an adapter for that.

Also, the battery boxes should hold a 3s lipo fine. They are the same as the E-Revo which will also hold two 2s or 3s batteries.
    Cummins Powered!

You can even fit 4S batteries.

For the most part, you will be sacrificing mah the higher cell count you go.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    so the 2s 5000's and my 2s 8000's in each with the adapter will be fine for that set up with the heavy tires and still have good torque? im running 14.4v dewaltw/ lipo now. i just hear and read theat the rx8 bl system is buttery smooth. so i kinda was looking for a cheaper version of that. and try to be easy on the diffs