RC Champion

Back with a Slash.. and some Questions

Well, santa just brought me a used slash.... now i have some questions. First off, the truck came with a Orion Vortex Experince 2Pro Combo which I am not familiar with. For those who are: How do Orion products hold up? How is the preformance of this combo compared to say the Castle SCT 3800 combo?

Also, which servos are highly recommmended for the slash?

TIA
    Land of the free?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well does it work? If so I'd say they hold up just fine.

I'm not familiar with the brand, whats the kv? What have you got for batteries?

RC Champion
    Sorry for not adding more info. It works well, and seems to have only a few runs on it. It has a 3750kv motor, which seems fairly beefy. As far a batteries go I'm running SPC 2s 40 5200mah lipos.
    Land of the free?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Is it a sensored system?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    Nope, sensorless.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    there good motors i have a orion vortex 7500 but dont use it very often actually been thinking about selling it due to it's more motor than i need

RC Champion
    Yep it does seem pretty decent. Iactually got it geared 18/90 and its on small sc tires which it still is because the set screw on the pinion is stuck. Very undergeared. It spins the tires all the way up to around 30mph. Not even warm at the end of a run.
    Land of the free?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I have just bought a savox 0251(.18/222 oz)$40 and love it. If you will be racing there are much faster ones avail for 50-100$.

Here is a recent thread on the topic:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-recomendation

RC Champion
    Thanks rag, that looks like a good servo. I can never seem to find anything I need using the search function.
    Land of the free?

searching on individual forums is tough. google works much better for me. so much more info to pull from.

RC Champion
    Good point I'll keep that in mind.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    Sorry to revive this thread but I just needed to comment on this Orion combo. I've had several runs with it now and its really impressing me. The motor is very beefy; longer and a bit wider than my Castle 3800, not even including the little fins. Its very torquey and even with 50 less kv that my castle, it seems faster too. I'm easily over 30 mph on 2s geared 18/90. With that gearing the motor and esc aren't even warm after a pack. My only complaint is that the esc progrommer is a little pricey at $40, so I'm still waiting to get one of those. Also, I haven't been able to find a price for the combo brand new, even on Team Orions website. If anybody knows where I could find a qoute on one of these, please let me know.
    Land of the free?