RC Qualifier

Question Slash 4x4 chassis/ slice 4x

Has anyone experienced a build with the slice 4x chassis kit
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    Order the chassis kit 65.00 $$$$$$$$ and Aluminum a-arms I will give it a go. I will post pic of the build This is the pic off of ebay LOOKS really nice
    Last edited by jay janak; 12-31-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

Looks different from all the others out now! Please keep us all informed on how things are going.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Looks different from all the others out now! Please keep us all informed on how things are going.
    Yes it like 1/2 the price of the others out there now and it utilizes all of your Traxxas parts. That is a big + for me because all of the places that we race at stock all of the Traxxas parts that you need. If you look at the guys feedback its all 100%. I think this should work out fine,
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    i to have looked into this chassis... slashers have stated in other threads that the weak point is where the chassis and bulks/skids bolt up, fitment and quality was mentioned as poor. As well as the motor not being moved into the "lcg", where as the other lcgs put the motor below the driveline. Also other lcgs fix/remedy the motormount heat and bearing faliure by allowing the chassis to act as a heatsink. I decided to put that 65 towards the trce setup, which in my opinion seems to be killa, but at 150 ouch.... gotta pay to play, i guess... still a cheaper hobby than my previous venture (atv motocross).

I'm sure this would work better than the stock chassis and may hold up to how most users race/bash, but casing a huge 1/8 scale triple or other "big air" adventure may not be for this chassis.

RW

RC Qualifier
    the trce uses all the stock traxxas parts. I think to utilize the extra steering throw you have to use longer ball ends, but still a traxxas part.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robb-e View Post
    i to have looked into this chassis... slashers have stated in other threads that the weak point is where the chassis and bulks/skids bolt up, fitment and quality was mentioned as poor. As well as the motor not being moved into the "lcg", where as the other lcgs put the motor below the driveline. Also other lcgs fix/remedy the motormount heat and bearing faliure by allowing the chassis to act as a heatsink. I decided to put that 65 towards the trce setup, which in my opinion seems to be killa, but at 150 ouch.... gotta pay to play, i guess... still a cheaper hobby than my previous venture (atv motocross).

I'm sure this would work better than the stock chassis and may hold up to how most users race/bash, but casing a huge 1/8 scale triple or other "big air" adventure may not be for this chassis.

RW
    Thanks for the input and/or the info. My previous venture was RC planes. I can tell you that its not a good day when your plane comes home in a trash bag. My wife hated that hobby lol.
    Last edited by jay janak; 12-31-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    The price of the chassis kit is now 70.00 I believe that this is due to higher shipping cost. How ever mine should be here on 1/06/12 cant wait. Note also order a antenna mount kit.
    Last edited by jay janak; 01-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Racer
    I have bought one as well, version 2.0 i reckon.
    One thing that I dislike a lot with this chassis is that the battery tray is WAY smaller than stock. My ********** 6000 mah 3S battery fits like a glove in the stock chassis, but in this one Im lacking 25mm for it...and it is also more narrow than stock by 2-3mm...
    But other than that, it feels quite nice
    Powerhouse Sweden
    Villain IV with Octura 447