RC poster

4wd Stampede skidplates

hello, new to the site and hobby.
    my wife bought me a Pede VXL 4wd for Christmas, I bought 2 traxxas 2s lipos 1 5,800mah and 1 10,000mah and a Primal 4 amp charger all to get better run time, this is my 1st real RC and let me say THIS THING IS AWESOME.

Well heres my question, I'm concerned about the steering servo (think thats what its called) it really isn't protected on the underside. I've tried searching this and other boards, but couldn't really find an answer other than 1 how to article on fitting a slash skidplate onto a pede, but it didn't show a clear picture as to whether it covered the servo. I am looking to get a better skidplate, possibly one that extends beyond the steering box and steering tierods. Does the one for the slash extend past and cover the steering box thats left showing through the only hole in the bottom of the chasis or is their something better. I prefer plastic over the aluminum.

Thanks for any help
    Paul

RC Racer
    welcome, I think u want the t-bone racing servo saver, you will also want the front bumper u can pick both up for around $20. I personal have them and love it. Here is the website.. http://www.t-bone-racing.com/

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Your other option would be an under tray, Proline's got one and Jconcepts also has it. I would go for the TBone, lifetime bash warranty and really beefy but you loose a bit of ground clearance. With an under tray, you don't loose any usable clearance, but, you will brake it sooner or later.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC poster
    The T-Bone looks good, I would like something that passes the servo and mounts flush to the chasis so that it would stop sticks/rocks when in reverse, are their any other options that would do this.

Maybe I'm being to picky.

RC Qualifier
    i highly dout something would hit your servo hard enough to damage it. however they do make servo skid plates for the t maxx and e maxx. the might fit or take a little modifiaction