Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RC Qualifier
    Broke a lower-left suspension arm and hinge pin; replaced both and it's running perfectly again.

Also took pics - will upload soon.

RC Qualifier
    change gearing to 26/56 on 4s with my tacon 2150kv and blew the 2 back tires off and they where taped but that truck was a beast i was just testing im back to 21/65 gearing but my next build is a onroad emaxx on 4s im going to gear for speed 24/58 maybe with some proline roadrage but the 26/56 i ran for 10 minutes my system was warm not hot at all

RC Qualifier
    Repaired the threaded rod linkage (TRA3968) that connects the steering assembly to the servo horns. Looks like it just popped out. This was the first time I've had this issue. Anyone else experience this?

RC Champion
    Modded my 3906 tranny to a 3908 style slipper

Lowered it for racing, changed shock setup, put my brushless motor in, drilled a new body, and un patiently waiting on my ESC to come in

Also I hope my tranny is now near bullet proof it now longer has 2nd gear and it has been bolted together I also put a steel idler in it
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-02-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Where did u get those steel gears and what brand are they?
    Can you pass me another screw?

RC Champion
    Traxas brand I got it off ebay its fir a 3908emaxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Disassembled the transmission and cleaned everything; replaced all pivot ball dust seals, and the pivot ball retainers in the back; cleaned the hinge pins bores. Everything is very smooth and clean now! I'm trying to decide whether I want a new set of Hudy tools, FLM hybrid bulks and 1/8 diffs, or a Losi Mini 8ight.

RC Qualifier
    i snapped another driveshaft a few weeks agio ughhhh
    Can you pass me another screw?

RC Champion
    I blew the stock front diff. Still working but makes a clicking noise under braking and reverse. Got a couple spares laying around. Maybe shim one up real good.

RC Qualifier
    I just switched from the close ratio two-speed gearset to the wide ratio, and 1st is extremely low. As long as it doesn't flip over when pegging the throttle from a stand still, you can just hear the motor scream to redline over the hum of the tires as the truck lurches forward and tops out almost immediately at perhaps 20 MPH. Tons of torque but not much wheel speed; whether I keep it this way I don't know, but it certainly is fun to try out.

RC Champion
    Nothing. Been busy preparing for the storm.

RC poster
    Looked at it lovingly and thought i need to start a build thread on here

RC Champion
    I blew the stock rear diff in one of my maxx trucks. It lasted two more runs than the front. LOL Time to rebuild with alum. cup and cases and better bearings like I did to the front.

RC Qualifier
    I rebuilt the truck last week from top to bottom and took it for a test spin without the customary rollcage. Everything is going great untill I screw up a small jump and the chassis cracked in half. To top it off the skid plate tore in half and the bell crank shafts were bent. First and last time that's going to happen. I figured since I need a new chassis I tired dyeing it back. Rit dye, hot water and a cheap aluminum pan did the trick.

THE AFTERMATH

BEFORE AND AFTER

ALL DONE

RC Racer
    I looked at it. Hugged it. Its gonna be a while before I get it back in service, I need to upgrade to 1/8 diffs to handle the power.

RC Qualifier
    Showing off at a friends house, attempted a backflip off of a banked corner of his track, truck landed upside down and broke the rear shock tower and bent a shaft.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    totally rebuilt my 3906 from the ground up

RC Competitor
    installed my new tbr wheely bar and threw a proline bulldog body! LOVING IT!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I just removed the stock steering servos and replaced them with the Hitec 7954SH - a high-torque, high-voltage servo. It's rated at 333 oz/in and .15 sec at 6.0V, and 402 oz/in and .12 sec at 7.4V should I ever get a BEC. I'm certain to appreciate the extra authority it lends my E-Maxx's steering which at times feels sluggish and and lacking sufficient holding torque.

@4sdash

Where did you get this body?
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    I just removed the stock steering servos and replaced them with the Hitec 7954SH - a high-torque, high-voltage servo. It's rated at 333 oz/in and .15 sec at 6.0V, and 402 oz/in and .12 sec at 7.4V should I ever get a BEC. I'm certain to appreciate the extra authority it lends my E-Maxx's steering which at times feels sluggish and and lacking sufficient holding torque.
    Did you shim the servo saver for more tension with the stronger servo?

RC Qualifier
    i fixed the tranny after broke the pin that goes into revo shaft in gorilla single speed. sure that after bashing my emax with 5s.
    (I will upload the video soon).
    and here is my bashing with 4s last week
    Last edited by q8-maxx; 12-30-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    MMM 2x3s medusa 70-2300 | MMM 2sx3s 1515 1y

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Did you shim the servo saver for more tension with the stronger servo?
    No, but I need to. I could hear the servo cranking the wheels but the saver isn't keeping pace. It's one thing I wish the E-Maxx had which the Revo has - a stronger servo saver spring, instead of having to shim the existing weak spring.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep! I bought two springs when I was upgrading my revo to a single servo before I knew it wouldn't work!

RC Qualifier
    Geared 28/56 on 6s through a Gen2 Tekin RX-8 and 1700 kV truggy motor, on stock 3.8" chevron Maxx tires and an old Pro-Line F350 body, I hit a confirmed 44 MPH in first gear and 58 MPH in second before I hit full throttle, the front end picked up, and I lost control in a spectacular cartwheel ejecting one of the packs. No apparent crash damage after inspecting the plastics, shock shafts, and hinge pins. Who said E-Maxxes were weak?!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678