RC Enthusiast

To E-Maxx or Not?

I'm an owner of a X-Maxx & Revo 3.3 & am wanting to get a vehicle for speed & bashing right out of the box so I was thinking going with the E-Maxx. But haven't really heard much about the truck!

What are your thoughts on them?
    What are the pros/cons?
    Are you happy with it?

RC Racer
    Hi RcNightmare,I Have most every thing traxxas has to offer (brushless) and the e-maxx i'd give it and 10 out of 10 on the Fun Factor Scale.Its Fast,Has tons of power,Cool looks and can be a great Racer.But for a basher it has a lot of plastic parts on it that will start breaking when you start bashing it.It will take a few upgrade parts to keep it up and running.RPM arms and aluminum chassis brace's and aluminum skid plate's and probably steel cvd drive shaft's The E-Revo Brushlesss IMO is a better basher,Faster and easyer to handle but it's more of a truggy and set's lower than a brushless e-maxx,but the pickup body style and taller height of the e-maxx give's it a awesome look IMO!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for your opinion! I think I'm leaning more towards the E-Maxx. I drove my buddies E-Revo on 6s & that thing is to fast! I'm not opposed to upgrading some things here & there as they break. The looks of the truck is what sold me on it!

Does anyone make longer a-arms to give it a wider stance that you know of?

RC Racer
    Not sure about that but try goggle that and see what comes up. The arm would be aluminum and that would make it heavy.RPM arms are a good upgrade when the Stock arms break

To E-Maxx or Not?

Hard to tell the difference without the labels.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-05-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a Emaxx, and I have always enjoyed it. I only use mine for bashing, so I did need to do a few upgrades. They were the battery trays, body, wheels, rims, shocks, drive shafts, axles, wheelie wheels, and motor fan. Everything else (chassis parts) on my truck is stock. On occasion (after an accumulative of super bad crashes) I might have to change a chassis part, but over the years my stock chassis parts have held up very well to my crazy bashing ways. All-in-all, my Emaxx has been a great truck.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-06-2016 at 06:34 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    I have both and like them equally. But there seems to be more aftermarket options for the emaxx, especially for 1/8 diff option. Also the revo seems to be more durable out of the box.