Thread: novak HV 6.5

RC Champion

novak HV 6.5

hey guys i have a novak HV 6.5 brushless system the motor is starting to make noise so i think it is on its way out do you know what kinda brushless motor i can run that the HV ESC will handle. i went to the novak web site and they only give specs and motor options for the HV pro ESC. this is an old school brushless system but i dont realy have the money to get a whole new system. Please help .....
    3.3 t-maxx, O.S. .18TM t-maxx, HV brushless e-maxx

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend a leopard or tacon motor, measure dimensions and get the same size and roughly same Kv rating.
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    Is it worth trying to find a motor to work with this dinosaur or just save up for a castle monster?

Sent from my secret hiding place AKA the garage.

RC Racer
    Leopard motor

RC Qualifier
    You can get a castle ESC for $150ish on ebay but I don't see why the ESC should be replaced if it still runs, really the worst case scenario is you waste your time soldering plugs on the ESC. Is the novak sensored or sensorless?
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    novak is a sensored motor..... and i dont want to replace the ESC just find a good motor that it can run, the 6.5 motor in it is making some noise (even louder then the stock titans lol) i dont even think the ESC is set up to run lipos thats how old it is

RC Qualifier
    Novak used to sell re-manufactured motors and esc's on their website for a bit cheaper than buying new. I have a couple of their re-manufactured systems, I couldn't tell the difference between them and new. Depending on how old your motor is, you may(or may not) also need to get a new 5mm pinion gear, I'm pretty sure that the older versions had a smaller shaft.

You ever cleaned your motor? Spray it with electrical contact cleaner or similar cleaner, and put a drop of 3in1 oil on the bearings? It just might have dirty bearings. If its not getting hot or performing worse, then it may just be dirty. On the other hand, it could be going the way of the dodo
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!