RC Racer

Upgrading TRX3.3 engine, carb question.

I've decided that I won't buy any aftermarket engine soon, so I'm upgrading my TRX3.3 (as I even don't really have enough room for full big block action).
    I've heard some people changing their carb to big block carbs. Which big block carbs will fit straight in, and how much will that affect? Could I accidentally reduce power by changing the carb to big block carb?
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Racer

Connecting Rod question

Is there any aftermarket engines which have same sized connecting rod as the TRX 3.3? Because the Traxxas one is known to break easily when the engine is even the smallest bit too lean.

Please don't think that I'm just some idiot guy from Finland, because I'm really interested in all this and want to try all these "upgrades"...
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Sakke View Post
    Is there any aftermarket engines which have same sized connecting rod as the TRX 3.3? Because the Traxxas one is known to break easily when the engine is even the smallest bit too lean.

Please don't think that I'm just some idiot guy from Finland, because I'm really interested in all this and want to try all these "upgrades"...
    Davis diesel connecting rod.
    back

RC Qualifier
    Get a OS 11k carb.

RC Racer
    +1 on the OS 11k carb, it expensive but you'll never have to worry about breaking the Plastic carb anymore.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.138212,-73.339636