Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

my Mini Truck...............

ok well someone already mentioned before that i should have a thread for my mini truck. i figure that since im starting to work on it again that it was a good idea. so i ll throw up some pics i have of it over time and go from there with an update on the progress.

heres how it almost started life. all but different wheels. i bought it with the graphix on it, the windows tinted, and a 4" drop all around.

here was shortly after i got just the front end bagged and on some 20" wheels. This was my first picture in drop jaw magazine.

heres a year later with different wheels again and the rear of the truck now bagged

i competed in the limbo contest this year and both thes pics were also in drop jaw magazine.

then heres a picture that stylin trucks took at there hi / low show

and here is my truck and my lowered shopping cart tattooed on my back.

ok, heres some pics of how it sat for almost a year and a half before i finsihed college and just started working on it again this weekend.

cab and frame sitting on 1x1 steel, but not the front bumper.

layed all the way out on the rockers

and here is lifted all the way up.

there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

and for the heck of it here are two more pics that were in ECS magazine

as for the work we did this weekend, we got the truck lifted up in the air and leveled out. which was a challenge because my truck has some frame issues. which are my fault. i drug through part of it so now it bends going up and down. much more work for us but were getting there. we started out by removing the old drag blocks off the bottom of the frame over the cracked part where i drug through it. after that we cut the front of frame so that my steering linkage wouldnt hit anymore. and i can get full lift out of it. next step is going to be to reinforce that area with some 2x3" box tubing. much much work left but man it feels good to start it again. ill get some pics up later.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    The truck itself I like, but in my line of work I absolutely hate airbag systems on anything, you'll understand when ya have both a bag and tire blow out at the same time on the same corner, it's not fun in the least, but as I said the truck in itself is nice.

blown two bags so far, almost three. all were up front and the only reason was because the bags kept expanding out more and more and hitting the frame. needless to say im switching brands for ones that dont do that lol. i should never really have an issue of both though becasue if i blow a bag it will be clearanced enough so that the tire wont hit anything to rub a hole in it. i have also clearenced the frame even more cutting for the tie rod linkage to clear. but, glad you like the truck overall. its not for everyone though i already understand that.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Very nice, glad to see a fellow mini trucker on here! I own a bagged s10 blazer and a bagged Acura cl. The truck is in peices in my garage doing a ls1 conversion.

Nice, gotta get all us mini truckers together on here lol.
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Great truck, the black rims really set it off nicely
    Matthew 7:7

RC Competitor
    Nice truck, heres a pic of my brothers s10

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/...9/IMAG0121.jpg

not a bad looking daily there your brother has. i would lower the back another inch to level it out though if it was me. but other then that i like it.

the black wheels look good from a distance but thats about it. they were alloy wheels that someone spray painted.

i want to get another set of the wheels in the first pic but get them completely chromed.

this pic is photo shopped and horribly i might add but here is with the center caps on the wheels up top. basically this is how i want my truck to sit when all is said and done.

i guess these wheels powder coated black would look pretty good to though.
    Drag It!

RC poster
    not bad man... i got a 99 reg cab stepside that im goin overkill with....its sfbd to lay on 22's but im makin it half minitruck, oldschool inspired pro-street....fully built 327 from a 69 z28...heres a before shot before i tore it apart...

my 20's that are for sale....

RC poster
    heres how she sits currently

RC Qualifier
    I wish I had a S10, or a mini truck in general

RC Qualifier
    Once I was on the highway and say fire coming from the back of a truck! IT was crazy! Thats why I want a mini truck.

RC poster
    like this?

Revo 2.5R- TMAXX OS .18 - NitroSport 2.5R

RC Champion
    That's pretty neat

RC Qualifier
    Yea, I think they call it sparking?! I wish my truck could do that..

RC Qualifier
    Last edited by Draggin97S10; 02-12-2012 at 09:48 PM.

you threw me off for a minute man, i was about to be like what happened to your truck? lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    you threw me off for a minute man, i was about to be like what happened to your truck? lol
    Both you guys have nice draggs..

Gonna start working on my truck here pretty soon cause its warming up, got a little more body work, then PAINT!! Probably gonna sell my RC's for drop spindles or new compressors and a 2nd tank.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggin97S10 View Post
    Both you guys have nice draggs..

Gonna start working on my truck here pretty soon cause its warming up, got a little more body work, then PAINT!! Probably gonna sell my RC's for drop spindles or new compressors and a 2nd tank.
    Yeah with some new paint you'll have a really sweet truck man.

RC Qualifier
    My toys

RC Qualifier

The family wagon

RC Qualifier
    Blazer is cool, but the Acura is something entirely different! Suicide doors look **** on that! Would look sick with say, centerline steelies but they don't make them anymore.

RC Qualifier

Been driving it a lot recently.. Each time a bit lower (Rode lower but have twisty driveway so I lifted the front a little )

RC Qualifier
    Yup that was a old pic, have some chrome sick spokes on it now

trust me from experience man............ do not i repeat do not get drop spindles unless you absolutely have to. i have them and im putting stock ones back on mine. i wish mine got the lift that yours does bro. trust me when i say dont do it. i mean yes its a little more work to keep the stocks but if you go drop spindles then you will kick yourself in the butt later trust me. the only way i will ever put drop spindles on anything ever again is if it will just be a static drop and not bagged. if you were closer i would say i would trade you spindles strait up if you really wanted drop spindles.
    Drag It!

my pics from sat. and sun. stay tuned for more

when it first got there........

cutting to clear the steering linkage and lower control arms on front side of bags...............

cutting to clear the control arms on backside of control arms......................

where i drug through and cracked my frame which is why its bending....................

trust me when i say always use drag blocks.............. learn from my mistake lol.....................

so close to laying fully up front, my ball joints on my upper control arms are completely maxxed out now.

only like an inch from pure rockers. so time to modify them or just get some tubulars. my buddy got his old ones back for $50 so i got lucky there. and he paid out of his own pocket for them.

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    You gonna plate the lower CA's? I mean I get tons of Lift right now!

Get about that much lift!(using the f350 for refrence).. But if I dragg it I will have something other than frame.. for now my bumper is good

bumpers can be replaced way easier than frames lol. and what do you mean by plate the lower control arms? do you mean cutting the hump off and welding a flate plate across the spot you cut out? if so thats just called dehumping them. or if you mean weld a giant plate all the way across the bottom to eliminate the lower bag cup or raise it up more its pointless. my upper control arms maxx out for lift on the bump stops, and maxx out for drop because my ball joints are binding up. but if we had everything identical on our trucks except you had stock spindles and i had drop spindles. then you would get that 2" more lift that i can never have unless i go back to stock. on mine full lift up front with small tiny tires on it barely i mean barely clears so i can turn the wheels all the way without hitting my fenders.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Why not just go stock spindles and get tubular CA's.. And yea I meant plating as in de-humping and eliminating the lower cup. What about stock spindles on plated arms? I mean people do 24's on stock spindles and lay.

I mean you could but if you already have bag cups which u do its pointless to plate the whole control ARM. Just dehump the lowers, use tubular uppers and stock spindle and u can lay a 27" tire besides tubing the firewall and relocating things as needed. The bag cup isnt the issue. The issue is the ball joints maxing out up top, and the lowers hitting the frame. So u can just modify both and lay, or use tubular for both and lay. And just so u know a 27" tire is the sake as stock or the same as a 255/35R20
    Drag It!

Drivers side of cab has been cut to clear the wheel. Bad thing is that the small tire on there now barely clears my cruise control module so I gotta relocate that bad boy. Got a pic but I'm doing this from my cell phone so ill post it when I get home. Progress is making me so happy though. I miss my truck.
    Drag It!

see where shes gonna hit yet? lol

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Yep, why not delete cruise control?

because good sir, you dont find to many 5 speed trucks that have cruise control. and personally i love my cruise control. and besides i can put the thing wherever i want by buying 2 cables and lengthening the electrical wires. That is why not just delete it lol. its nice when your driving multiple states away for car shows man. like for instance in april theres a show down in morristown tennessee, and i live in the very northern part of ohio not even 5 minutes from the lake.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Oh, understandable.. Mine had cruise controller and someone put in a remote start :O ... They wired the remote start very badly and messed a lot up. But got it mostly done, just gotta replace the speaker wire (someone used house wire to wire the speakers.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-19-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Language

wow, thats horrible, cant say its the first time ive see it happen though. gotta love rednecks lol

waiting on my dude to get home so i can go work on my mini now since its at his house. i show up maybe 10 minutes till noon because he said noon to find out that he is in a town about 40 minutes away picking up a car with his dad. wish he would have text me and said hey im going to be late ill text u when im home or almost home that way i didnt have to drive all the way there first and get pulled over for tags that expired yesterday since the truck is still in my brothers name lol. i got off with a warning though lol.
    Drag It!

progress report:

boxed in the frame where we cut out for the steering linkage

the drivers side firewall cutout

my buddy welding my cracked frame back together and reinforcing it lol.

other side boxing in frame for the steering linkage.

passenger side firewall cut out

Drag It!

replating the frame rail i drug through

laid out

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Lookin good! So you're going to the pinch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast