Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintballing

RC Qualifier

Paintballing

Anyone on here into paintballing?

I paintball man, what kind of gun u running? I have the fairly new empire axe, with a 68ci 4500psi tank, and a halo b hopper
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Competitor
    I used to play many years ago. I still have my old shocktech bushmaster marker and halo hopper. Sold most of my other stuff when I stopped playing (so I could build my jeep).

RC Qualifier
    i just play for fun im running an angel g7 and liking it.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-16-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Thank you for PMing me about this, I have brought it into accordance with the rules.

RC Racer
    BT-4 ERC with a couple mods.
    I'm mainly into woodsball lol
    if you couldn't tell

RC Qualifier
    My kids and i play we all have Tippmans I've never bought any other model just know them to well to jump into another brand my A5 is so old it shoots dust
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

i love woodsball and field play both. i wish i could play more than what i do. the last time i played wasnt this last christmas but right after christmas the year before i wanna say. if i had a decent field closer i would probably play more but usually i can play a few times a summer with a bunch of friends and there friends. my axe is a beast but since theres no field theres no place to get compressed air at which i need since it wont run off of co2.

my woods ball gun though is an old school tippmann 98 custom before they had the anti-chop technology. i have pretty much every upgrade possible on it as far as performance goes though. i have: an expansion chamber, Tech T Zero kick hammer, cyclone feed system, response trigger, 14" barrel, cp drop forward, cp on off receiver, custom pen spring for the trigger pull, double trigger kit, and im probably still forgetting something lol.

only things i dont have more or less are the upgrades for the cyclone feed system itself and the hairpin trigger kit for the gun.

And the way i have the response trigger dialed in with the light weight spring for a trigger pull my gun goes into full auto if i hold the trigger down right. just wish the gun was a little ligher weight, and a little less noisy. because when im shooting, you know it lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I played for about 10 yrs before giving it up. Its a very fun sport but also very expensive. Ive had every gun from a plain old spyder to a luxe. Who knows maybe some day I will get back into it but im getting old (gonna be 30 this yr)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I played on a semi-pro team about 6 or 7 years ago. We were sponsored by a local shop, basically we got free practice paint and all the free play we could handle. It was pretty sweet. That was back in the day when Aardvark was making upgrades for the original Matrix. I went through MANY different guns including Matrix's, Angels, Shockers, Impulses, Autocockers (manual and electronic), Bushmasters, Timmys, DM's (I even had the FIRST DM1, which was simply a Matrix made by DYE the year after they bought the technology)... My all time favourite gun though was my Python Impulse. Extremely rare and unique, with all the upgrades I had on it (essentially not one stock part) it could rival ANY gun worth twice as much. Bolt pressure was 68psi... you could stop it with your tongue (yes, we tried it).
    I even taught paintball at a high end summer camp for a year. THAT was sweet. Shooting kids and getting paid for it.

After we stopped playing in tournaments and stopped getting free paint to practice I simply couldn't afford to play for a day and shoot a case and a half. So I sold everything and took a break. Last year I went on e-bay and bought a new electric Autococker for like $99... Upgraded a few things (whatever I could still find available, mostly used parts) and have played a few times. Its fun but everything is the same with me. If I can't go all out with it, I have trouble maintaing interest. Oh well...

Just for fun and bragging, here are pics of my 2 favourite guns. My DM1 and my Python Impulse:

Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 02-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.

i still need to make me a stand like that for when i play.

heres some pics from last time i went paint balling.

from left to right: Invert Mini, Empire Axe (Mini on steroids basically), smart parts epiphony, and proto matrix rail

me on the left, Danielle, steven, and shawn on the right.

me actually on the field playing. about shot the camera man lol

i swear, i got shot in the face like 4 times that day. and 3 of them the paint went in my mouth and i almost puked lol

me with my axe

my axe up close

i love the flat black lol

and some pics of my tippmann

Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for jaring my memory my gun is a Proto PMR 09

im not sure what year my buddies is. he bought it used at the field those pics came from actually. and now that i think about it he bought the gun that very day it was his first time using it. lol
    Drag It!

Thats a nice marker summit... sweet deal for a nice LP setup.

RC Enthusiast
    Me and the wife were raising a 14yo that loved to play so for christmas we bought him the setup, shot less than a case of balls he go out of paintball, so I am stuck with the marker now and trying to sell it.

looks like the exact same hopper as my buddy has on his pmr. he traded in a tippman 98 custom that just had the cylone feed sysem on it and the body kit that made it look like an AK. so it was a stock, the "ammo clip" and the little part right off the front of it where the barrel screws into. so that and like $30 i think for his pmr in a box still with manual and everything and the hopper. paintball guns dont hold there value that well. so if you think you can get the $450 then more power to you. i got a buddy willing to sell a super high end gun for only $150 just because he doesnt play. he got it from a friend almost brand new then because his friend owed him money.
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    Well the gun alone sold for 500 new without the mods that have been done to the gun, 450 is a fair price, it's all about perspective, as it sits I will eventually drop the price. I'm not hurting for money so it isn't a fire sale, if you dont believe me look up F-pede in the stampede section I lost all the login info for broken summit, hence the "2" on the end of my name.

im not saying you wont. like i said he bought his already used, and his might be an even older one than yours is. plus his is all stock as well.
    Drag It!

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I've been playing speedball since the late 90s. Not much into the Pro stuff, people get way serious into that stuff. LOL I mainly have stuck with the speedball and scenario. Fun and lets you shoot your buddies down. haha.

I run an old Golden Syndicate Misfit, HP Carbon Fiber Tank, and a Dye Rotor. I have a few other guns that I use for spares. My bro-in-law runs a Paintball shop & field. So I get to play for free anytime I want. I picked that Rotor up when they were cheap, that's one of the toughest longest battery lasting ones i've used.

Just have to watch for the clowns that run HOT and shoot you in the soft spots. LOL

I'll have to scope out some pics if not i'll take some of them.

08kgraves; How did you like the taste of the paint??? Yummy huh?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

oh man, its like heaven in your mouth................................NOT

rofl

i go to fields occasionally just because i love the bunker play of speedball, and for how little ive played it im actually pretty decent surprisingly. i love woodsball with friends to though. and there is this place roughly an hour away from me maybe an hour and a half i cant remember but i want to play there. they have a few different fields and one of them is a scenario field.

http://www.warzonepaintgames.com/

heres one ive played at like 2 or 3 times as well

http://www.intensepaintball.net/

and heres the one the pics are from and where i bought my empire axe from. I was the first one to buy that gun from them

http://www.paintballplex.com/

and here is another one thats even closer i still want to go play at.

http://www.battlezonepaintballpark.com/index.html

and here is my local one less than 20 miles away but it seems like there dying off and never open for some reason. they even closed down the pro shop they had. plus they seem kind of high priced compared to other places.

http://www.greatlakespaintball.com/

but i guess its spend the gas money to go to a further away place or pay more to play here. (when there open)
    Drag It!

RC Competitor
    You guys made me go looking through old photos to jog my memory posting all those markers. Like I mentioned above, I kept my Shocktech Bushmaster (which I still have in the closet). I originally started with a Tipman A5. I actually had the first one that was converted to run a standard hopper to replace the cyclone drive. When I got a little more into it I picked up an Automag which I decked out. It was a great marker. I had 2 of those at one point. From there I moved to an Intimidator and the Bushmaster and would switch between those depending on what I felt like using. All my markers had the same barrel threading as well so I could run my Phat barrel system on any of them. I stopped for the same reason Pave said. A case of decent paint every weekend was just a little too much when I started getting serious about building my Jeep.

Another rare marker I picked up was a Brass Eagle Rainmaker (yeah, the people that make the cheapo walmart markers). Never played a match with it, but it was fun to mess around with and try to keep running. Their attempt at a high end marker. It was old when I got it 10 years ago.

Here are some pics I dug up.
    A5 running a Halo

My favorite Automag. Should have kept this one

Together with another less common Automag I picked up.

Intimidator. It was a great marker, I just never was very attached to it.

Bushmaster. No plans to part with this one still. I'll just hold onto it in case I play again in the future.

And the Rainmaker. I picked it up cheap online just to mess with. Never could get the marker to cycle and shoot under 350fps at the same time. It would do one or the other, but not both. lol It was still fun to mess around with and work on.
    Last edited by bgredjeep; 02-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.

some nice looking markers. i like ones that are a little bigger though as i got bigger hands. like your favorite automag i would hate for the reason theres not enough room in the trigger frame area for me to walk the trigger how i do. but my axe has lots of room and i love it. that and the way i hold it my hand would be in the way on smaller framed guns. look at the axe compared to the mini in the pic of the 4 guns side by side.

but those all look like some pretty awesome markers. my buddy had a boblong intimidator. he paid like $900 for it and i bought his old smart parts ion off him for $300 back when they were still pretty new. i never even used that smart parts gun though. i ended up trading it for $300 worth of stuff for my bike when i was still riding bmx. got myself a stock 98 custom for $100 at a pawn shop lol. started to slowly customize it, then bought another ion that was decked out off ebay with a virtue board and everything in it. kept having problems with the o-rings causing the bolt not to return all the way for the next ball to drop in the chamber as well as it was chopping paint horribly. after trying to fix it for awhile i got sick of it and traded it in with another $300 cash to get my axe.
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    If I can't sell the Proto I have thought about actually giving paintball a try, I don't know anyhing about it but I like woods ball but that marker is too nice for woods ball. Might try speedball, I don't know how much a case of tourny paint cost either?

I played woods ball with the 14yo on our property he used a spider and I got a stingray. I couldn't win due to the accuracy of his spider versus the stingray. So i've never played on a official field with good paint or a good marker.

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Here is my Paintball Marker gear:

Syndicate Misfit Paintball Marker, Ninja Paintball HP 4500psi Tank, Dye Rotor Hopper

===
    Syndicate Misfit:

===
    Ninja Paintball Hopper:

===
    Dye Rotor Hopper:

===
    V-Force Face Mask:

===
    Dye Paintball marker ( purple bling going on ). Picked it up cheap from a guy. Shoots really nice.

Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

if you want a good cheap reliable woodsball gun that can take a beating if need by from being dropped or hit on trees then get a tippmann 98 custom. most customizable gun available. if you just do a good barrel system and a good electronic hopper or a a5 cyclone feed system your good to go for basic playing without much problems. i recomend the expansion chamber to as it keeps the velocity of each shot more connsistant making it much more accurate.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    i have a tippmann x-7, with e-trigger and a 22in 32 degrees whisper barrel. a guerilla carbon fiber tank. i want to get a mini for a speedball set-up.

tippmans great wreck/woods ball gun
    Im young. And im Learning.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    if you want a good cheap reliable woodsball gun that can take a beating if need by from being dropped or hit on trees then get a tippmann 98 custom. most customizable gun available. if you just do a good barrel system and a good electronic hopper or a a5 cyclone feed system your good to go for basic playing without much problems. i recomend the expansion chamber to as it keeps the velocity of each shot more connsistant making it much more accurate.

Thanks for the advice I will give tippman another look, if I play I want to be a sniper hopefully I can customize it with a nice long barrel, descent site, give it maybe an AR15 look.

RC Qualifier
    the x-7 is one of the most customizable guns out there. you can get an ak kit or a m16 kit. all types i have a ump kit on mine. and the only way to really make a gun a sniper for paintball is get a scope and a 20 plus inch barrel. i roll 22 and 18. depending on what im doing i als o carry a 8in barrel for smaller wreck ball maps. one time i went to living legends and that gun held up great ove the 6 day paintball war. aha. i love the x-7 ill post a pic when i clean it tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    this pic is the stock set-up basically without the clip, site, and tank.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    this is the 32 degrees barrel 18inches what i usually use
    [IMG][/IMG]
    one of the coolest things about the x-7 and a-5 models, the cyclone feed, it runs off of air, its like the electronic hoppers but air powered.

aimed down site

stock extended

stock collapsed

RC Enthusiast
    That is sick looking I'm sold on the x-7

RC Qualifier
    lol, its a great gun that is not too much. the phenom has the e-trigger in it. the regular x-7 doesnt have the electronics, but to save money get a regular x-7 and get a response trigger, in my opinion its cheaper and more fun to use less and paint and still be able to lay down a decent amount of fire.

a response trigger is a trigger that shoot when you and release. so every trigger pull you shoot to balls.

first off start with a 98 custom. there way cheaper off the bat and you can upgrade it slowly and put the same parts inside of it. mine has a cyclone feed system, mine has a response trigger. and just so you know a response trigger does not make it so it fires on pull and again on release. a response trigger puts a little cylinder inside the handle so every time you pull the trigger the cylinder pushes back on the trigger to re **** it faster. with a light trigger pull (use a pen spring) and a well tuned response you can make it a full mechanically firing automatic marker. thats exactly what mine does. and 98 customs have way more upgrade options than a a-5 or x-7 does just so you know. you can make them snipers, ak-47's, M-16's you name it more or less. and if you plan on shooting any sort of fast then dont go over a 14" barrel or it will slow down inside the barrel and the balls with physically hit eachother. and break in the barrel and clog it. trust me i found out the hard way trying out my friends 18" barrel. and theres not really any true "snipping" in paintball. one shot pretty much and your found. you cant silence a paintball gun to the point you cant hear it. if i was you i would get a full smart parts freak barrel kit 14" in length. it will be good all around and shoot fast or slow just fine. my 14" barrel shooting full auto was just barely less acurate than my roomates nice 18" "sniper" barrel with him doing single shots.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    my 18inch barrel is pretty accurate, the only thing i hate about it is when i slide into cover the barrel hits dirt so i have to clean or wipe real fast. other than that, i love the barrel and the length. my friend has a 98 custom witha flatline, and cyclone the gun is awesome. all the tippmann guns are really the same if you thing about it, a bolt, a spring, and a trigger. not much. all the same on the inside, i just know that if you want to customize the x-7 is alot easier to customize than a 98 custom. i actually say go a-5 thats a sick gun. wish i would have gotten a a-5.

RC Racer
    i love paintball to bad its easily a 100 dollar bill for me to play. im to lazy to post up pics of my gear so heres the list DYE Matrixe thats right i said the matrix commonly called the dm3 now one dye pack one other pack i forgot the name of but carries 12 165 round pods one spyder compact delyux that i started with yes i started tournaments with a spyder that i also sunk 400 bills into so it was a pretty nasty marker when i got done 2 halo hoppers one evo egg mask is a events eveil pipe kit for the trix i might be forgetting some stuff

holeyguy66... the black gun in my pick above is a DYE Matrix... and your right, I forgot that they referred them as the DM3... not a DM1. But its nice to see someone else who remembers the Matrix as it once was. I had a whole long list of them and had the first Aardvark Slam Bolt in canada (which was awful) but IMO they were simply amazing guns if you knew how to work on them.

Id like to see a pic of yours. Im sure it looks very much like mine though, since they were really only around for a year or so before DYE discontinued them.

RC Racer
    i will get some later tonight i gotta dig out all the stuff for it ill put it all together for the pics

RC Racer

i bought this used for five bills after i sold my ebladed autococker all stock internals with the aka sodacan lpr and pipe kit

last but not least my very reliable spyder compact i started with and yes it did need a halo with me behind the marker i set the trigger point right at the point of activating the sear took me 2 hours to set that. also stock internals with a j&j 16 ceramic
    ive also had a bushmaster b2k we are not gonna speak of. i had nothing but problms out of the box with it. solid marker just the board didnt have any debounce it bounced like a **** and playing tournys i couldnt have that. and as mentioned i owned a prostock autococker this was the last a/c before brasseagle really went stupid with changing them up along with later spending an extra 4 bills for the eblade frame.
    Last edited by holeyguy66; 02-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.

RC Racer
    not to burst your buble but the dye marker u speak of is a smart parts ion with dye grips if im looking at it correctly

Yeah that's an ion for sure. I had 2 of them the first with dye grips. The second one had a lot of upgrades which is the one I traded in for my axe. From what I remember it had virtue board, cp regulator, cp on off, aluminum flame body kit from redz and some other upgrades as well.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    Yeah that's an ion for sure. I had 2 of them the first with dye grips. The second one had a lot of upgrades which is the one I traded in for my axe. From what I remember it had virtue board, cp regulator, cp on off, aluminum flame body kit from redz and some other upgrades as well.
    i had to rent one at a local field they are a great gun but the trigger is so light anybody with slow fingers can shoot ropes. after 2 games i was done for the day after i had probs with the matrix i switched to a rented ion man a hopper and 4 pods later on a rec field i remind u thats how easy it got carried away. i had to quit or i was gonna end up wasting alot of paint. lol

I'll try n get pics of my ops ions up when I get home
    Drag It!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast