Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paintballing

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    holeyguy66... the black gun in my pick above is a DYE Matrix... and your right, I forgot that they referred them as the DM3... not a DM1. But its nice to see someone else who remembers the Matrix as it once was. I had a whole long list of them and had the first Aardvark Slam Bolt in canada (which was awful) but IMO they were simply amazing guns if you knew how to work on them.

Id like to see a pic of yours. Im sure it looks very much like mine though, since they were really only around for a year or so before DYE discontinued them.
    the matrix line was around for awhile dye bought the rights to the marker in 03 when it was originally called e-matrix i forgot the company that first owned it but it will come to me shortly i hope. in 04 they brought out the dm4 kinda hints the name and so forth with the recent updates not saying there all the same. i love how they changed the bolt design over the years i still gotta read instructions on how to put mine back together. but the number really just stands for the year in the lin of dm markers dm4 and up. mine is not a dm3 nore will it ever be called a dm3. and i do correct people when they call it that lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holeyguy66 View Post
    the matrix line was around for awhile dye bought the rights to the marker in 03 when it was originally called e-matrix i forgot the company that first owned it but it will come to me shortly i hope. in 04 they brought out the dm4 kinda hints the name and so forth with the recent updates not saying there all the same. i love how they changed the bolt design over the years i still gotta read instructions on how to put mine back together. but the number really just stands for the year in the lin of dm markers dm4 and up. mine is not a dm3 nore will it ever be called a dm3. and i do correct people when they call it that lol
    I know this stuff to be true but I refer to the first run of Dye Matrix markers produced by Dye after they bought the design from Gen E as the DM3. There is a large debate about this name as it was never the official name. The official name of the gun I had was literally the Dye Matrix. The previous non Dye models were simple referred to as the LCD or LED matrix... of which I probably owned 10 including a few with custom eyes installed.
    The distinguishing differences between a Gen E matrix and the Dye Matrix are the tear drop milling above the trigger in the grip frame, the sides of the marker being milled all the way back to the battery compartment and that all Dye Matrix's had eyes and LCD frames.

The DM4 was actually a VERY different marker than the Dye Matrix or "DM3" as i call it. They employed some similar technology but changed the base Matrix design to the point I would never accept it as the same style marker.

Now that I think about it, I think I still have a stock Gen E marix bolt laying around in my paintball tool box. hehe... not much good for anything now.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 02-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.

RC Racer
    i know they changed alot about the dm4 a bunch of my old team went out and bought them when they come out very smooth shooting markers and almost no kick. and gen-e i feel stupid now. and as for the name it is called dye matrix i still have the stock grips that say it down the side lol. they did however take the design and create something more user friendly i liked it but when i got my matrix thats it i havent bought another marker since. the bolt is like 9 pieces i think. so if i go play and its been set up for awhile i have to oil it the night before. it takes a bit to gether ready but when shes ready it rips

Did you ever deal with Aardvark at all? they made alot of unique parts for the matrix. They had this stuff for lubing the bolt, I want to say that they called it snot or something silly but it was amazing. It pretty much completely eliminated that all to common FSD due to bolt stick that was common with the matrix and all its Orings.

I wish I didn't sell that gun... but at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. If only I had the finances then that I have not I wouldn't have had to sell all my stuff to buy other stuff.

my lube is called hater sause lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Did you ever deal with Aardvark at all? they made alot of unique parts for the matrix. They had this stuff for lubing the bolt, I want to say that they called it snot or something silly but it was amazing. It pretty much completely eliminated that all to common FSD due to bolt stick that was common with the matrix and all its Orings.

I wish I didn't sell that gun... but at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. If only I had the finances then that I have not I wouldn't have had to sell all my stuff to buy other stuff.
    i never delt with them but i did know alot of people using motion potion with thre matrix markers here i did how ever wanna get my hands on an evolve bolt for it
    Last edited by holeyguy66; 02-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.

my most recent ion

and heres my roomates old tippman 98. thats the barrel that would clog because my gun shot to fast. his "sniper"

Drag It!

RC Racer
    that is one long barrel there

yeah now that i think about it i think it was longer than 18" lol. maybe his was a 22" barrel as well. the gun is so long though you cant really run with it very well. cant go around corners very well. that thing is just worthless for paintball in my opinion. i would never run anything past 16" barrel with a drop forward on it even.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    ah any maker is never worthless where me and u might look at it and go why he might play alot of scenario games where having barrels like that is an advantage think about it in speed ball we all have to move even the back player so that type of barrel is useless to us. in the other type if ur gonna be a sniper and need the long range its will make who ever gets hit with it mad. the key with the long barrels are they can hide and still shoot pretty far with out having to move. i mean ur not gonna tell a marine sniper his barret 50 cal is useless because your infintry are u? not argueing just stating some gacts

U can also fully silence them and shoot a much grated distance than maybe an extra 25' get what im coming from man? You can see a person standing all day long the distane you have to be for a paintball to reach u let alone still have the velocity to break when it hits you. A barret can hot people from over a mile away. And at that distance without a scope or anything you can jump up and down and yell and they still wont see u.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    yeah i rock my angel g7 i mostly play with buddies in woods and creeks, done some awesome paintballing in old houses that wee gutted just to play with acess to get on the roof and about 3 acres around it one team started in the house other started out pretty awesome stuff
    my angel

and the back up that i bought just if anyone needed a gun to play with when we were out with buddies has like 100 balls through it all stock and now it just sits around was thinking about getting rid of it

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    not to burst your buble but the dye marker u speak of is a smart parts ion with dye grips if im looking at it correctly
    You are correct. That was my mistake for sure. Why would that burst my bubble? You corrected something I mistyped. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    Yeah that's an ion for sure. I had 2 of them the first with dye grips. The second one had a lot of upgrades which is the one I traded in for my axe. From what I remember it had virtue board, cp regulator, cp on off, aluminum flame body kit from redz and some other upgrades as well.
    Yeah I picked it up off a guy for a couple of Jacksons. I want to put a new board on it. It shoots really nice though.

i had to rent one at a local field they are a great gun but the trigger is so light anybody with slow fingers can shoot ropes. after 2 games i was done for the day after i had probs with the matrix i switched to a rented ion man a hopper and 4 pods later on a rec field i remind u thats how easy it got carried away. i had to quit or i was gonna end up wasting alot of paint. lol
    Very light trigger. The poor dude needed some change and I wanted something spare to keep in my duffle bag.

I'm ready to go shoot up some speedball though. A bunch of us get together on Sundays once a month. =)
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    lol im always itching for the sting again just gotta get the money its an easy 100 dollar or more day for me old tourny player on a rec field. you know your the main target so i get more then one person on me and its lightning fast trigger pulls i go. i get in trouble for it too

Just found this pic of my coolest custom Matrix. This was one of the last Gen E LCD's with a V2 Iframe, slam bolt, Dye LPR, New Designz breech etc etc.
    The gun was custom milled by a local guy, he removed the entire left side air chamber (not used on all Matrix's) and milled the body above the grip frame all the way back to the battery compartment. Then added a serrated tear drop look to the right side air chamber. He left the threads for the front cap of the left side air chamber so I could use my AK47 expansion chamber kit on the left and right (you can see what looks like black bullets beside the LPR on the front) Then, stripped the anno and polished it to a mirror finish. That was one SUPER cool gun.

RC Qualifier
    Buncha old dudes doing what we've been doing since the '80s. Using old guns, trying not to bend too much, and refusing to wear pants.

That was taken at the north end of the speedball field that used to be in my backyard-- there's an R/C track there now, naturally. Oh, that's me in the middle, btw. Playing since '89, now on a vacation of indeterminate length, as everybody I played with at the start is "too old for it" and all the 20-somethings I know would rather play CoD instead. There's almost 7000sq/ft of racetrack back there now, so I ain't complainin' too much.

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    Buncha old dudes doing what we've been doing since the '80s. Using old guns, trying not to bend too much, and refusing to wear pants.

That was taken at the north end of the speedball field that used to be in my backyard-- there's an R/C track there now, naturally. Oh, that's me in the middle, btw. Playing since '89, now on a vacation of indeterminate length, as everybody I played with at the start is "too old for it" and all the 20-somethings I know would rather play CoD instead. There's almost 7000sq/ft of racetrack back there now, so I ain't complainin' too much.
    Most of us that started in the 90s are still playing, heck when we play each other most of us are a mix of older and younger. That is so kewl to know someone else that likes to play like that. They used to call me crazy. I was like what the heck are you scared of. Only thing i hate is when you go for a slide and you loose some skin from the knees. I typically go for baggy stuff now. The muddier the conditions the better. I'll have to take some pics of the fields i play at. I'm really lucky i have a bro in law that owns a shop and a field. So i get to play for free. When we play on sundays he brings the paint and we pay only the entrance fee. Sometimes we dont get charged that if the manager in charge can wing it w/o anyone knowing. haha

Good to see some good ole boys that like to do all these other recreational things too.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

im 21 and i will admit that i love my call of duty. but paintball is way better. just to expensive. i would love to play every single day if i could. but im lucky to play more than a handful of times a year.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    We had a field, in my backyard, with amenities. Paint for $30 a case. Four scuba tanks for all-day free air. Half a dozen loaner guns and masks, jerseys... everything. Literally, all anyone had to do to play paintball here was show up. On a good day, we'd get six people... which includes myself and the bearded guy in the above photo-- and he's legally blind.

On the other hand, I can get people to come out and drive R/C just about any day of the week.

RC Enthusiast
    Well I am happy to report I finally played my first game of woodsball with more than just 1v1, I tried to use the Proto PMR09 but a bad o-ring left me to use "plan B" last night I went out to get some CO2 tanks filled with my wifes cousin. While were were trying to get tanks filled I bought a Tippmann 98 Custom in case I couldn't get my CA tank filled. The morning of our games I drove 1hr to the nearest open field to get 4ea CO2 tanks filled and my CA tank filled, $21.50 later and about 30 minutes of trying to figure out how to get tanks filled we were on our way to play. The field was a mess due to a huge scenario game going on all weekend, I was sent tent to tent until we finally got it straight. I couldn't believe how much money people were spending to play for the entire weekend, there was a sponsor in front of us bought 60 cases of paint, and paid for his team's air. The lady taking the money said this is nothing I paid for 25 entry fee's of $55 each, their tank refill cost $15ea, and paint for the weekend.

The Proto shot beautifully until my air leaked, it was the most accurate of the group, next best was a Spider Victor with a long barrel. So I wasted money getting it filled and it just sat in it's pvc stand, but I do like my Tipmann not one chopped ball and performed flawlessly even after being dropped by a guy that got shot in the neck, he dropped the gun then to the ground. I got shot up myself in the elbow and the gut. Can't wait to do it again!!!! already sarted planning to play on a official field so I can get more than just one refill.

yeah its nice to just play at a field and have all day air and not have to worry about running out, paint to. if u got the funds that is lol
    Drag It!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12