Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to the 4x4

RC Racer
    Lol thats pretty awesome! Can you link what you used for a camera?

RC Racer
    i used my GoPro with a custom mount that i made the mount only works on the p2de still working on how to make one for the p4de

RC Racer
    I know everyone talks about the MIP X-Duty CVD's and the Tekno CVD's. But has anyone tried the Integy CVD's in the p4de? also has anyone tried them with a SCT 2400kv set up?

RC Qualifier
    I always hear bad things about integy except there 2wd gearbox. Where did you get your telementary gear at?
    SUMMIT,P4DE,MERV

RC Racer
    haven't gotten it yet. they were supposed to be released on the 1st of april but i haven't been able to track one down yet and plus i have been in the process of getting back stateside

RC Racer
    i searched again last night an the only place i was able to find the Trigger magnet holder was outside the US and they won't ship it here either which is a bummer. would be nice to have if i get the SCT 2400

RC Racer
    Its been a year and a half since I posted. I haven't gotten rid of the truck. But I had thought about it.
    Been working on it again though. Installed a roll cage as well as a MMP ESC and 3800kv motor.

RC Racer
    Well I'll be heading back over seas so these will be getting plenty of use again.

RC Qualifier
    Drive it like u stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne91 View Post
    Well I'll be heading back over seas so these will be getting plenty of use again.
    enjoy your new power plant dude and take care.....Peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    enjoy your new power plant dude and take care.....Peace
    I have been enjoying. Now I just gotta upgrade my axles and get away from the talons

That will make it tougher and handle so much better dude.....Peace

RC Qualifier
    That cage doesn't make it kinda tippy???
    Last edited by Zakary; 06-02-2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

RC Racer
    No the cage hasn't really made it too tippy. I'll also be looking into some sway bars for it.

A good shock setup and sway bars would make it handle awesome dude but you have already mentioned sway bars so sorted......peace

RC Qualifier
    I have sway bars and they help keep loads if u jump alot then they arn't the best
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC Racer
    I've also thought about trying a pro Trac kit. But I will be using these a lot more once I get to the base and work on the upgrades there. Axles are my current issue.

RC Qualifier
    I really can't tell a difference with or without sway bars.. it may make the suspension feel a little stiffer, but i'm not sure. Could always add preload for that. I guess it'd make sense on a track where every little advantage is needed. For bashing, i'd pass on them.

RC Competitor
    I don't mean to imply that others haven't set up their sway bars correctly.....but I think it is important to note that when installing the sway bars the two "set screws" that are where the sway bars need to pivot need to be left just loose enough for the sway bars to rotate freely, but still just hold the sway bar in place. If they are locked down, then the sway bars can not do what they are supposed to....and I think that is probably actually a common mistake when installing them. If the set screws are left just loose enough for the sway bar to rotate freely, it gives tension to only the wheel that moves up...which is what happens when cornering, and what they are intended to do. If the "set screws" are locked down, then all it will do is stiffen up the suspension as a whole.
    Last edited by Zephus; 06-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It makes side to side suspension stiffer and I love my protrac kit

RC Competitor
    Sway bars are only supposed to stiffen the suspension (on one side) when one wheel raises, and the other one doesn't. That is what I was getting at with leaving the two set screws at the pivot point loose enough for it to move freely (it says so in the installation instructions, but I bet many people don't wind up installing them that way). If properly installed when one wheel raises and the other one doesn't, it applies pressure to the one that is trying to raise....which happens during cornering. And if both wheels raise at the same time (like hitting a jump or a bump that both wheels go over), if the sway bar is properly set up, it also doesn't apply pressure since it is free to rotate at the pivot point. It is only supposed to apply pressure when one wheel raises, and the other does not.
    Last edited by Zephus; 06-05-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephus View Post
    Sway bars are only supposed to stiffen the suspension (on one side) when one wheel raises, and the other one doesn't. That is what I was getting at with leaving the two set screws at the pivot point loose enough for it to move freely (it says so in the installation instructions, but I bet many people don't wind up installing them that way). If properly installed when one wheel raises and the other one doesn't, it applies pressure to the one that is trying to raise....which happens during cornering. And if both wheels raise at the same time (like hitting a jump or a bump that both wheels go over), if the sway bar is properly set up, it also doesn't apply pressure since it is free to rotate at the pivot point. It is only supposed to apply pressure when one wheel raises, and the other does not.
    Dude for people who do not know any thing about sway bars this awesome write up will help them out so much......peace

RC Qualifier
    That is spot on zephus

RC Racer
    Plus I've already got the suspension pre-loaded. Was looking into the sway bars for functionality when turning.

RC Racer
    I am thinking that I want to look into some sand paws for tires but not 100% set on them yet.

RC Qualifier
    If u want to run in sand and snow get em they will be great but run em in anything else and they will stink

RC Racer
    I'll be in sand for the next year that's why I had thought about getting them. Other than that when I get back I was thinking 1/8th buggy wheel and tires.

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't get a tire any bigger than 2.8 tire

I would get sand paws if i liked any where near sand or a good beach but they are very rocky near my house....peace

RC Qualifier
    I wonder if those sand paws would work good in a good ole mud hole

They would be sick in the mud dude and there is a video on YouTube of some guy hydroplaning his pede 4x4 on a lake which is sick bro.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Well there is lots of mud down here in Louisiana right now it's been raining a lot I wish my electronics were waterproof

RC Racer
    Also i heard that aluminum rear A-arms will take the 4* toe in outta rear and put it at 1.5* is that a true statement?

back when the truck still ran i found a little mud whole or in my case a sand whole

Figured I would show you guys the track that we have on base here in Kuwait
    I'll be heading back to this pretty soon.

RC Qualifier
    That is pretty much a desert dude bet you can slide around on that sand like butter

Sick track dude sand paws will own that place.....peace

RC Racer
    Trucks should be coming in the mail this week. So we will see what happens to break first when they get here. Hard to find people that will ship over seas to an APO address, so looks like I will always be waiting for new parts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've also thought about trying a pro Trac kit. But I will be using these a lot more once I get to the base and work on the upgrades there. Axles are my current issue.
    I used the protrac kit. I had problems with them like I did with stock arms. They break at the pins by the diffs easy imo. I went back to the rpm arms haven't had a problem.

RC Racer
    I probably won't be doing the protrac kit I will just look into getting some used tires that aren't talons and new axles.

Good move dude go for some used trenchers or mashers they will be perfect for the terrain you will be driving on ....peace

RC Racer
    Trucks just came in the mail today. Had it out for a little but but I will probably be taking a look into my gearing currently geared at 20/52 and seeing as how ambient temperatures here are around 125*F during the day I will have to change my gearing.
    Last edited by Cheyenne91; 08-27-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast