Hobby shop appreciation thread.

I made this thread for anyone who wants to share stories about the great things that have happened if they have been blessed with a hobby shop. I won the lottery here, my LHS has the most helpful employees that I quickly became friends with. They have helped me so many times and without them I think my trucks would be up on an eBay listing.
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zypher View Post
    I made this thread for anyone who wants to share stories about the great things that have happened if they have been blessed with a hobby shop. I won the lottery here, my LHS has the most helpful employees that I quickly became friends with. They have helped me so many times and without them I think my trucks would be up on an eBay listing.
    Same here! Old Gentleman (Dave) runs the local Hobbytown store here. His store is absolute mayhem, storage bins and totes everywhere. Funny thing is he always knows exactly where to find things and in case he doesnít have it, he orders it, receiving it within a few days. He ordered a lot of high end rcís and parts for me already, even if I just like to check it out! He always holds it for me until I make up my mind to buy it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Hobbytown close by. I had a great experience when i went in to buy paint and tire glue. That was something I needed no help with and had no problem finding.... My only good experience...lol
    Elliott who?

There was a hobby shop in Pompano Beach, FL that was simply awesome. They helped me so much when starting out. As I developed my racing skills they sponsored me, let me use their workshop, in turn I'd help their mechanic out. Unfortunately someone in the Plane dept. was stealing big buck items and they were broken into 3 seperate times literally cleaning out the store of all high priced items. Definitely looked like an inside job.... This happened just at the same time that recession hit and they had to close.
    Since that last recession what 10 years ago, I have seen a lot of LHS's close their doors...... Very sad. I miss being able to support small business. The internet is killing them...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by zypher View Post
    Hobby shop appreciation thread
    We have an excellent hobby shop in the Buffalo, NY area. Here's a walk through.

Fields Hobby

I enjoyed spending time at my LHS. Knew them by name and hung out there with the guys... then Hobby People closed and they disappeared. There are other shops, but they are not the same (not as friendly or knowledgable).

Sigh...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Dang they have a new nitro 4-te c in the box. Looks like a nice hobby shop
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec