RC poster

Raptor 2wd Velineon is clicking, Any Thoughts?

Hey guys,
    I just recently (last week) upgraded my xl5 and 12t to the Velineon setup and i took it to the local indoor track and after running a couple rounds my slash now makes a clicking sound when it gets up to a decent amount of speed. Its a pretty loud clicking sound, seems to run fine and brake well, just wondering whats going on. My guess is something with the gears. Drivelines on both wheels are intact and the diffs look to be fine. Also wondering if the Velineon has to much power and maybe stripped something.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Slash, Stampede 4x4, Stampede Grave Digger

RC Champion
    It shouldn't have too much power that truck is made specifically for that motor.
    Check your gears, but look for pine needles and stuff in the wheels and axles...they can make a clicking noise.

RC Racer
    I had that happen to me as well. I bought the Raptor Slash and put a VXL3s and 3500 in it and 3 weeks later I hear this clicking. It wasn't the spur or the pinion. So it tore into the transmission for the fist time and looked at all the gears and the diff. I checked out the drive shafts and nothing. So I decided to grease the gears in the transmission and put the truck back together. Haven't heard a peep since.

RC poster
    3 teeth were missing on rear diff main gear, it will not click anymore after a run to the lhs
    Slash, Stampede 4x4, Stampede Grave Digger