RC Qualifier

Need help finding a screw

I think I've asked before, but didn't have any luck so trying again.

I have the sway bar kit for the merv. The one with the silver red and blue bars. There are 4 ball stud screws that screw into rockers. For the life of me I cannot find anywhere that sells these screws. I've been to 2 lhs and they are unable to order any. I've tried emailing the maker of the sway bar but no luck.

They are 2.5mm x 10 ball stud screws. I don't know the size of the ball. If anyone has some better search techniques than me or knows of a dealer that sells these screws I'd appreciate it.

RC Racer
    I work at a hardware store and I sell lot's of metric bolts and screws. Never have I seen those. But I thought about them for a little bit and could you maybe use the screws that go from the axle carrier to the a-arms? You would still be missing that flare just below the ball head. That's the closest thing I can think of anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Haha thx but the pillow balls are huge in comparison. 2.5mm is tinnny

RC Racer
    Figured as much. If I find anything or think of anything I'll let you know.

What about the screws that are used on the servo saver set? Probably too short, just trying to give options.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i can't see your original picture on this thread.....

but.....

if it is this in the upper right corner of the picture, i am sure you could use any threaded screw with a ball on top..... look into team associated products, i know they are heavy into the ball studs like that, my old rc10t is covered in those things

RC Qualifier
    What do I search for though? If you google even 'ball stud screw' not a single relevant link shows up let alone something more specific like 'ball stud screw 2.5'. Try it, you'll see.

if you contact the manufacturer, I am almost sure they will send you one in an envelope....not sure where you bought it but I would be interested in getting one for myself, Hint hint

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that is the HR swaybar kit for the 1/16th

HR part number VXS311X01

just googled "rc ball stud" google found results, and pictures......

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=...w=1024&bih=438

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I will try to email h r and see if they can help. But I swear to you those screws don't exist anywhere else!, haha