RC Enthusiast

VXL E-Revo Questions

hey guys, ive had my e revo vxl for about a week now, on 2S Venom Lipo's since i bought it, in parallel, and the thing is a blast! standing backflips are always fun, but i have an odd question, i decided to try my luck with the included high speed pinion, andddd the car was a lot slower to accelerate then on the stock pinion, and at the end of the day didnt go faster at all top end wise. what gives here? any idea's?

RC Champion
    The speed pinion isn't meant to increase top speed. It's meant to allow you to supply more power and keep temperatures in check. If you put the speed pinion in, it's slower than the normal one, they call it the speed one so that you can do the necessary 3s batteries to go FASTER. If you leave the stock pinion in, it makes the car get too hot, and you risk blowing something. So they call it a speed pinion because you only use it when you want to go faster, and you only go faster by putting in more powerful batteries.

Hope this makes sense =)

RC Enthusiast
    ohhhhhhh ok so it all comes down to voltage you can supply, the low voltage of the 2s is "lugging" it, ok ok i understand, well i want to buy two 3s venom lipo's from my freind whos a dealer for them, but sadly i need someone to buy my venom 2s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i wouldnt try to run the 3s in parallel on the stock esc, at any gearing..... it will make it heat up and fry the esc over time....

RC Champion
    Yeah the "speed" pinion is only for making speed passes on smooth flat surfaces, any off-roading will create too much heat.

RC Champion
    hahah my truck seemed a little slower too.. forgot I put the speed pinion in when I put it back together
    6.25% /