Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something Interesting about YOU thread...

Alrighty guys, This thread is posts of something interesting about YOU. It can be RC related, such as
    "for example"

Im a 3rd generation hobbyist. My Grandpa, Dad, and I do... Just an example, this doesnt pertain to me.

Or example 2.
    I have 4 1:1 scale cars.

Something along those lines or whatever that is interesting about YOU. . . U can do more than one.

Il go first,

I was born in a different Country, Brazil and speak 3 languages....

RC Qualifier
    Newport Or. Over looking the beautiful bay
    I'm addicted to RC's and spend TOOO much money on it
    FLM E-MAXX 3908 6s
    Rustler VXL x 2 MMP SCT 3800

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Oh boy! Let me see. LOL

No specific order......

#1 Im the most interesting man in the world......

#2 I'm a huge MJ Grave Digger Fan

#3 Also big on Star Wars

#4 My RC Work Space is in the Attic

#5 Married to a beautiful wife, one boy, soon to be girl

#6 ( 1:1 ) 2 cars & 1 truck

#7 2 boxer dogs, 1 brindle & 1 mix

#8 I work at ChevronPhillips

#9 Homeowner

#10 Addicted to RCs

#11 big movie buff

Could go on & on.....this should be enough....I guess.....haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    I was literally crippled as a kid, but I can now deadlift and squat over 500 lbs.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL
    Son's: Rustler XL-5, EREVO VXL

RC Champion
    I can woop anyones ace on call of duty (hardcore search and destroy) on the 360

and I don't miss with real guns
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    I do online school, im 16, have a spartan and two slashes (see signature..?)
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I fell down a flight of stairs yesterday, didn't spill my paint...does that count as interesting?

In all seriousness though um...well I'm the first one in the entire family to get a degree (AA) and soon to be BA, possibly an MBA after. I get crap about it from the construction 'old boy' relatives but whatever, I'll be their kids boss someday.

Also, I'm horrible at this RC hobby, I've had my p2de for 3 months and haven't even broken any parts yet. That's probably a record.
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    1) i love firearms, built an M4gery, and have made a flash hider by hand for my AR. Compete in target shooting, IPSC, CPS and 3-gun matches

2) i ride bicycle and motorcycle observed trials. ever hear of danny macaskill or adam raga? yeah, thats the riding discipline i compete in.

3) BIG nerd. nothing more fun then movie quotes and random info.

4) i have a knack for injuring myself.

RC Champion
    1) If it's stupid or dangerous- I'm your guy!
    2) I enjoy sausage and jerky making along with smoking foods and bbq'ing. My friends, family and neighbors never go away hungry.
    3) I like a big boom!!!
    4) Urban spelunker here...
    5) Employed @ Tyson Fresh Meats, Chief Union Steward carcass division and sit on safety and negotiating committee:
    6) I'm married to a beautiful wife and have 3 amazing kids all of whom love rc!
    7) I'm addicted to rc...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    1: I can Smoke a brisket that will make a vegetarian drool.
    2: I good at breaking my RC's
    3: 3 1:1 trucks funny thing is they are the big 3
    4: retired 1:1 dirt racer
    5: Retired dirt rc racer
    6: 1 dog Heinz 57
    7: love making things go boom

Yes I am on first name basis with my LHS

RC Qualifier
    1: I am a born again christian.
    2: Completely American, but lived in Russia for the first 7 years of my life.
    3: I am 6' 4" and weigh 280lbs.
    4: I play varsity high school football in SoCal- go figure!
    5: Have a MERV and a Rustler w/ a Novak 2S brushless sensored system
    6: I'm a huge Clemson Tiger Football fan!
    7: Go Tigers.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    When I was born in 1972, I was one of the smallest preemies to survive at the time in the state of New York. (under two lbs. and 3 months early)

I breathed, dreamed, and pursued anything to do with motorcycles from the time I was twelve when I got my first dirtbike. Still have an RM 250 and a Harley Sportster.

My family moved all over the country when I was young, living in about twenty different places. We stopped moving when I was about eleven and my parents still live in the same house.

I had a terrible bike wreck when I was 21, breaking my back, neck, shoulder, right collarbone, elbow, left arm, and a severe concussion. Three and a half months later, I was snow skiing.

I was a ski and snowboard instructor for four years. I also ran lifts, made snow at night and worked in the ski shop. Yeah, I pretty much lived at the place in the winter.

I love shooting, hunting and fishing. In 2004, I caught the biggest brook trout in the state of Pennsylvania.

I didn't start in RC until I was 33 years old. I have around ten rc's and was a Store Manager of a Hobbytown for awhile.

I am in the process of getting my house ready to sell and we are moving. Ninety percent of my possessions are in boxes, but I could have seven rc's ready to run in five minutes. Can't seem to get all of them packed up!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Ouch Maxx ^ Some crash! Great one guys! keep em comin. Real cool to see whats up with the community beyond just to do with the hobby. Il throw some more in.

1. Althought Im full blood Brazilian, People can never tell and usually doubt it uwhen they hear it until they hear me speak me "native" language. Which is bi-lingual with english, cuz both are native, and I look like any ol white boy. I also speak Spanish and about to start italian to complete 4 languages.

2. I am pratically married to a beautiful woman and we have been together for 4 years. I was a man-hooker before then, but setteled down with her because shes the coolest chick Ive ever met. (and lets me do what I want, I.E. Rcs...)

3. I have 3 Traxxas 2wd, about to start 4th, a Losi Micro SCT, and know I will end up with something like 10 RCs. They just keep coming out, and have had some that really tickly my fancy.

4. Ive often been called the worlds straightest, *ay guy because although Im a guys guy, and Love all that we men do and love. I can also Cook, Dance, Decorate, Paint, Shop, Write Peotry (been publsihed) Dress a girl, and the opposite of that very well.

5. No one is EVER able to tell any of this about me lol. These reasons and more ive always been the guy, guys call to bring girls with em. Than I setteled down with just one of them.

6. I also can work on cars, can fix anything I have the proper tools for, and been painting Interior Homes Full Time or Part time while following my Corperate Path.

7. My family rides in a sport bike club, and my Father whom is in his 50s. Owns a 1300CC Custom Suzuki Hayabusa,Which is not common for a man with near all white head of hair. Also a club to which I am hopefully soon to join, when I pick up my own Sports bike. Currently I own a 110 Pitbike that I modded, and hooked up boo yaa lol

8. I played Lacrosse althroughout High School. One of the first Utah teams, as its not big in the West Coast. Pretty much the only thing I miss about H.S. except the lack of all the responsibilites. I also snow skated during the winters. (snow board minus wheels, Plus down snow hills)

9.I took Jui-Jitsu for several years, So although I only weigh 150. Ive never got down with anyone less than 50 pounds over my weight due to my discipline.

10. I dont go more than a week without getting a haircut.

11. Although my whole house is decorated Black, Tans, and topes, My Grey and Black Man cave is full of Transformers, which I am obsessed with.

12. I love Motorized, Electronic Toys like Gadgets, and everything with a Flat and or wide screen and a Silicon Chip. Love Sports, Cars,the opposite gender, Bikes, Everything thats had a 2 stroke motor in it, and of course RCS!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Ouch Maxx ^ Some crash! Great one guys! keep em comin. Real cool to see whats up with the community beyond just to do with the hobby. Il throw some more in.

1. Althought Im full blood Brazilian, People can never tell and usually doubt it uwhen they hear it until they hear me speak me "native" language. Which is bi-lingual with english, cuz both are native, and I look like any ol white boy. I also speak Spanish and about to start italian to complete 4 languages.

2. I am pratically married to a beautiful woman and we have been together for 4 years. I was a man-hooker before then, but setteled down with her because shes the coolest chick Ive ever met. (and lets me do what I want, I.E. Rcs...)

3. I have 3 Traxxas 2wd, about to start 4th, a Losi Micro SCT, and know I will end up with something like 10 RCs. They just keep coming out, and have had some that really tickly my fancy.

4. Ive often been called the worlds straightest, *ay guy because although Im a guys guy, and Love all that we men do and love. I can also Cook, Dance, Decorate, Paint, Shop, Write Peotry (been publsihed) Dress a girl, and the opposite of that very well.

5. No one is EVER able to tell any of this about me lol. These reasons and more ive always been the guy, guys call to bring girls with em. Than I setteled down with just one of them.

6. I also can work on cars, can fix anything I have the proper tools for, and been painting Interior Homes Full Time or Part time while following my Corperate Path.

7. My family rides in a sport bike club, and my Father whom is in his 50s. Owns a 1300CC Custom Suzuki Hayabusa,Which is not common for a man with near all white head of hair. Also a club to which I am hopefully soon to join, when I pick up my own Sports bike. Currently I own a 110 Pitbike that I modded, and hooked up boo yaa lol

8. I played Lacrosse althroughout High School. One of the first Utah teams, as its not big in the West Coast. Pretty much the only thing I miss about H.S. except the lack of all the responsibilites. I also snow skated during the winters. (snow board minus wheels, Plus down snow hills)

9.I took Jui-Jitsu for several years, So although I only weigh 150. Ive never got down with anyone less than 50 pounds over my weight due to my discipline.

10. I dont go more than a week without getting a haircut.

11. Although my whole house is decorated Black, Tans, and topes, My Grey and Black Man cave is full of Transformers, which I am obsessed with.

12. I love Motorized, Electronic Toys like Gadgets, and everything with a Flat and or wide screen and a Silicon Chip. Love Sports, Cars,the opposite gender, Bikes, Everything thats had a 2 stroke motor in it, and of course RCS!!

I was wondering when you was going to write another small book Absoloot

RC Champion
    Check out my profile.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    @ loot

Have you seen that Mini 8ight? Upgrade the shock caps/bottom eyelets and g2g.

+1 for #12, except the 2 stroke part. I hate mixing gas. Give me a 4 stroke Honda of anything, dirt road or water, and I'm happy.
    P2de VXL - Summit

im 21 now, but when i was 12 and 13 i raced bmx, i was actually number one in the state of ohio for my age and class i raced. i always tore mechanical things apart and put them back together which all started with my bikes. or legos when i was little lol.

but when i set a goal for myself i get there no matter how long it takes.

i started working on cars here and there helping my brother. my first major goal was to go to vocational school junior and senior year which i achieved and was in a program called fifth quarter where i actually worked at a dodge dealership my senior year in place of my school shop time. i graduated top ten percent from there. then i went to the college i wanted to for automotive and high performance and just graduated there in november with a 3.5 gpa. i also got my class a cdl while at college as well and am still looking for a job in this poor economy.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboarder View Post
    @ loot

Have you seen that Mini 8ight? Upgrade the shock caps/bottom eyelets and g2g.

+1 for #12, except the 2 stroke part. I hate mixing gas. Give me a 4 stroke Honda of anything, dirt road or water, and I'm happy.
    Oh I totally agree. Better for the enviroment for sure. Just said that to symbolize things like wave runners, snow mobiles, dirt bikes, things of that nature. That originally, or still do have 2 stroke engines

And ya those are way sick. Might just have to get me one for sure.

And btw. Good for u on the education. Crazy ur fam does that, mine push me to do so, and would love it if I did. Ive always wanted to but always been supporting myself.

o8kgraves: its crazy how tuff this economy is. Im competing with more than 1500 people in my field sometimes. Where as pre- 2008 I wouldnt walk out of an interview without impressing em, and my start date, Now a days Im not even getting calls back. Its wierd, and im not used to it. No good for sure.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 03-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    First off, my name is Dan, im 34 years old and I'm an R/C addict:

I have a son that will be 5 in ten days:

He tells me every day that I'm his best friend, and I will do whatever it takes to keep it this way:

I have been known to eat 2 boxes of kraft dinner in one sitting, and do this at least once a week, probably cuz I'm single.

I could live on golden Grahams cereal if I had to, and sometimes I want to.

I watch south park a LOT and could care less if it's a repeat, cuz it's funny every time.

I now live in a small town of 700 people, but was born in Calgary, Alberta and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan.

I have less than 5 shirts that still have sleeves on them, and only wear them on special occasions, but refuse to tape my R/C tires with duct tape, therefore am not a redneck.

Besides the Traxxas R/C's listed in my sig, I also have a tamiya big bear, tamiya bigwig, hpi savage 4.6, 8 mini helis, a 2.5 foot long Heli, the ardrone, among many, many others.

I run water well drilling rigs for two different companies as the driller and supervisor and will work in any weather, in any area, for any length of time and am very good at what I do. It has nearly killed me once, but I still love my job too much to ever be afraid of it.

This kinda reminds me of a profile on a singles website. Lol. So i will say that I could do without long walks on the beach, unless it was just to go get more gas for my quad or dirt bike.

I am a very active member of the stampede and monster jam forums where I have made many friends and enjoy helping others with their addiction. If you've never owned a stampede vxl...you should.

Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Another! I imported my wife from Canada...I actually have a piece of paper from some point in the process that almost word for word says I 'own' her, it's hilarious. Best thing I ever did. Well, I was pretty much forced too as all the females here know me too well

@ loot - I must be more specific...only the members that are stuck in construction work and look down upon 'suits' give me crap, the rest are very supportive.

@ baldy - 5 p2des, hahah. I can't talk too much crap there though, I've only been back in it three months and I'm already looking at a 3rd rig. Work hard and play hard, buy lots of toys. Only way to live. Oh, and Family Guy > South Park, come on!
    P2de VXL - Summit

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I used to be a total p-rick and fight anyoneforanyreasonatanytime. Since Sept 24 99 that has changed. I drive taxi # 324... everyday. With the lease and the gas I am 220$ in the hole when I wake up... every day. I have had 6 days off in 2 years. I work an average of 11+ hrs everyday. 7 days a week.

My wonderful daughter Keeley is 12, a spontaneous reaction while testing all the features of the cam I take pics with:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NaTN...JmqNVcj1snE5W6
    She breaks absolutely nothing on our rc's(except at 10 that 1 erbe wing, landing a backflip from a 10 ft jump. 20 ft would have been fine lol), needs marshalled at the track less than me, has a good heart, good grades, cares about every living thing, and at times thinks she is a werewolf 8)

I have played guitar since I was 6. I can sing my donkey off, and my natural voice is a mix of STP and Pearl Jam. If I walk into a bar with my acoustic, bet you $100 I can drink for free.

My life motto is, "if it dont work, make it work"

I have about 15 rc's although 2 are rtr. Within 24 hrs I could have 2 more running (after that I am out of motors or compatible escs).
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    -My frist snowmobile ride was at 2 weeks old.
    -I can do most math equations in my head... no matter how complicated they are.
    -Rode my first 3 wheeler by myself when I was 2 years old.
    -I played on a semi-pro paintball team. We didn't win any tournaments... ever.
    -Raced snowmobiles professionally from 1996-2002 and was the 2002 Canadian National Champion.
    -I was Polaris's top factory sponsored pro in 2001/2 and won their first national championship in nearly a decade, the next season my brother and I signed the largest contract in Canadian snowmobile racing history with Ski-doo to be their Canadian Factory X-Team, 3 races in I cased a 100foot double and blew my knee apart and had to retire.
    -I know the President and CEO of BRP, Polaris and Arctic Cat personally and am on a first name basis with them all.
    -I declared personal bankruptcy at age 20... my own fault. Now I don't try to mess around with my tax returns AT ALL...
    -I own and host 2 national television shows that are broadcast to almost 8 million viewers every week.
    -There are currently about 25 brand new snowmobiles in my shop.
    -My wife and I had our first daughter 2 years ago, her name was Violet and she was still born but an absolutely incredible blessing.
    -Almost exactly a year later we had our 2nd daughter, Cali... who walked for the first time last night.
    -Ive been married for 5 years, been with my wife for 10... she's my best friend.

Non of that is RC related... mostly because everyone around here already knows pretty much everything about me that IS RC related already.

RC Qualifier
    -love to snow ski, been doing it since i was about 3 years old, can't go a year without a trip now, but want to get a season done sometime soon
    -Got my first stampede as a kit with an MSC, back between about 1996 and 1999 (can't remember exactly!) dropped out of the hobby because NICD batteries suck and the chargers were worse - 8 hours for less than 20 mins
    -own a Jaguar E-type as my second car, my favourite 1:1 and love driving it, when the fuel doesn't run rich and flood the engine!
    -Now own a VXL pede still got my original brushed set up now with an MSC, and getting some ideas for it together and most of a Rustler build, and 2 RC heli's one in door one outdoor, and an RC tank (theta kind of sucks)
    -write iOS apps for my work, got 3 on the store at the moment, working on a few more alongside some websites and other less computer related stuff

About all i can think of at the moment! not that interesting here lol, just enjoy taking the RC out and spending time with my friends.

@ loot - I must be more specific...only the members that are stuck in construction work and look down upon 'suits' give me crap, the rest are very supportive.

Toy: Thats cuz they are jealous, of "your" success. Great to hear though, I one day hope to reach an MBA as well. I have a very entrepreneurial mind myself. Good for u.

" Non of that is RC related... mostly because everyone around here already knows pretty much everything about me that IS RC related already."

Pave: That was the aim on this thread. Its terrific, find it really interesting to know more about u guys.

Rag: Never would have guessed u have pipes on you.. Thats really cool.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    -My frist snowmobile ride was at 2 weeks old.
    -I can do most math equations in my head... no matter how complicated they are.
    -Rode my first 3 wheeler by myself when I was 2 years old.
    -I played on a semi-pro paintball team. We didn't win any tournaments... ever.
    -Raced snowmobiles professionally from 1996-2002 and was the 2002 Canadian National Champion.
    -I was Polaris's top factory sponsored pro in 2001/2 and won their first national championship in nearly a decade, the next season my brother and I signed the largest contract in Canadian snowmobile racing history with Ski-doo to be their Canadian Factory X-Team, 3 races in I cased a 100foot double and blew my knee apart and had to retire.
    -I know the President and CEO of BRP, Polaris and Arctic Cat personally and am on a first name basis with them all.
    -I declared personal bankruptcy at age 20... my own fault. Now I don't try to mess around with my tax returns AT ALL...
    -I own and host 2 national television shows that are broadcast to almost 8 million viewers every week.
    -There are currently about 25 brand new snowmobiles in my shop.
    -My wife and I had our first daughter 2 years ago, her name was Violet and she was still born but an absolutely incredible blessing.
    -Almost exactly a year later we had our 2nd daughter, Cali... who walked for the first time last night.
    -Ive been married for 5 years, been with my wife for 10... she's my best friend.

Non of that is RC related... mostly because everyone around here already knows pretty much everything about me that IS RC related already.
    hey pave what two shows are those?

RC Competitor
    Im a bus driver

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Thats way cool Pave. Sounds like a great job. And LOTS of viewers. U got 15K likes on one episode. For that to happen, u gotta have alot ... of viewers. As u said.

Im a big fan of the Artic Cats M1100 Turbos. Those are sick. U driven/ Ride'n one?

RC Enthusiast
    One thing about me?
    I like boats. I spend alittle bit too much money on them. Well maybe more then alittle bit alright alright haha. I like rc and real boats. Right now I have a bonzi sports 84 apache with quad quickdraws, and a custom built 96 inch hull with twin rcmk k600's. When I'm not doing offshore with my friends, You can find me tootin on my Trombone

Here is the boat from Bonzi

These are my full size boats:
    Century Resorter 16foot, restored this year

Riva aqauarama, main restore in 2005. Twin v8's. Quarter of a million dollars of pure beauty.

After selling my 1999 twin-454 Formula fastech, I have treated myself to offshore fun
    My Donzi 43 ZR comp. Triple mercruiser 525efi's.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefridge189 View Post
    twin-454
    Seriously? "Yea, there are two motors individually powerful enough to knock a building off its foundation powering this bad boy."
    P2de VXL - Summit

genXrated
    I've had 3 eye surgeries, all before making it through 5th grade due to the muscles not attaching properly on the back of my eyes, therefore giving me a wandering eye issue. Sometimes I see double because of it, but don't get headaches as a result.
    I also usuallly use my left eye to focus on things. I try to use the right, but the left seems to be a default.

I was running and fell hands first into a firepit with smoldering coals @ 1 1/2 years of age. The only thing I remember is running and chasing my cuz and then it goes blank. Apparently I screamed the whole way to the hospital. Camping that weekend was ruined, needless to say.

I've been told I can sing, and I do frequently in the car when I'm driving. But unless I have some liquid courage, it usually doesn't happen, karaoke or otherwise. Besides, my musical preference tends to have more screaming and ranting despite the fact that I can nail something as soft as Dave Matthews Band.

RC Qualifier
    I started rc's when I was 8 years old!! And am now 12!!!

RC Qualifier
    Well actual I got my first real truck at 8 I started at around 6-7 years cus of those lil bummers at krazy shack that go like 20kph lol

I received my FCC class A technicians license when I was 12 yrs old....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    I received my FCC class A technicians license when I was 12 yrs old....
    I don't know what that is....

I owe $15K to Visa due to this amazing hobby... Translated to my local currency, it's like one year's pay...

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Enthusiast
    Yep. I'm past the Fastech now Haha. The donzi is a real beast. Starting up the triple 525horspower engines is just unreal. Such a symphony to my ears
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyboarder View Post
    Seriously? "Yea, there are two motors individually powerful enough to knock a building off its foundation powering this bad boy."

oo I bet. What sick boats. Those twin Mercs are outrageous. Who needs to play and music, when those are creating their own. Very nice.

RC Racer
    Im 15 years old, been in the hobby for about 2 1/2 years. Started out with a slash 2wd, and kept adding then selling cars been through about 8. I also fly rc helicopters mcpx and mqx.
    I have a cottage in Michigan. I love to sail, still a beginner i sail a sunfish.
    Also my life is GREAT!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    You mean triple mercs? Haha. They are crazy dude. Only thing I could compare it to is having level 20 hurricane to my ears, and a level 30 hurricane beating up my face when I get up to speed haha. When I was young I used to sail with my dad all the time. I liked sailing, but I always got sad seeing people in powerboats speed by us. Now, nobody in my delta can pass me up in speed when I'm in the Donzi, or style when I'm in the Riva

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    oo I bet. What sick boats. Those twin Mercs are outrageous. Who needs to play and music, when those are creating their own. Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast