Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPM steel CVD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wouldn't clean those bearings! I would but new ones!

RC Qualifier
    Yea I'm planing on it but until then I'll just try and keep these clean.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Where's all the seals

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Where's all the seals
    Cleaning bearings is a lot cheaper than buying new ones. If you had some experience with it, you would have known that the seals have to be removed to do that properly
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Ha... Yea I removed them sprayed some brake parts cleaner through them to get it all clean put it some acetone shook up a while, put 2 drops of thin oil in each spun a little and put back together. Still don't spinning that great.
    How do yours spin 50?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Cleaning bearings is a lot cheaper than buying new ones. If you had some experience with it, you would have known that the seals have to be removed to do that properly
    that was a question. If you look at his pic half of them are missing seals . I have a bearing blaster so I am good thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't really have to give me crap every chance you get

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And if you had read his earlier posts was talking of running without seals in the transmission for less resistance

RC Qualifier
    No need for the bickering ya old ladies

RC Qualifier
    Evgen, how did they compare to the Traxxas cvds?

RC Qualifier
    don't know yet

just have no time for all this
    My mini E-Revo.net and the BIG ERevo.net

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    I read about cases where the pins came out and caused quite some damage.
    I chewed up a chassis pretty badly when the pins backed out
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Qualifier
    Ok, thanks

RC Qualifier
    just saw a youtube video of a guy's review on GH Racing's drive shaft...and ummm...yeah...it looks like junk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTzimWQNvR0

so...my question is...which is the best...cos...i need to buy a set in the next few days...thanks...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Stick with Traxxas. Can't go wrong!

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas!!!

I tried the GH and the same thing happened to me EVEN WITH LOCTITE!
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Qualifier
    the only problem that i have with traxxas is that...the engineers knew from the beginning that these things weren't going to hold up...so why even bother with the plastics?...is it so that they can create a whole new industry for aftermarket products?...that just doesn't make any sense...if ur going to be the best...then darn it...just come up with some bullet proof products and put everybody out of business...

i've already bent two push rods and steering arms...and those were their aluminum ones....do i really want to throw in more money for traxxas products?...granted traxxas built a killer rc system in the revo and mini revo...that's why we're here...but...their support product in their "system"....bleep...(want to cuss but will hold back)...

there's a reason why there are after market products...it's becos the originals are junk...and the aftermarkets are "supposed" to be better...

so who do i trust...aftermarkets?...or OEM???....i trust word of mouth from u guys...and the more that u guys speak up...the better informed the rest of us will become...and at some point...we will all come to a consensus and say...YEAP...this is the product to buy....so far...i've yet to hear that....

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The best thing is to open a thread and ask what is good and what everyone has had experience with. Ask questions and wait for answers, even multiple ones with their experiences. There are a lot of things/factors that can change how well an OEM part, hopup, or upgrade will work. For instance the weight of the RC, Tires, motor, etc etc. Sometimes when you make it beefier in one area you transfer that weakness to another, so be sure what you are upgrading doesnt make a part harder to change out. I run a ton of Traxxas vehicles, maybe not as many as some, but I have some experience across the board. I'm still learning a lot, and will constantly learn.

I see you are putting a 3S 11.1v Lipo in there. That there is a lot of voltage that is going through that little truck, you are going to break parts I promise you that. So in turn you will need to beef up the rest of the truck. Right out of the box the parts & included Nimh pack are good for the truck. Other than someone not knowing how to drive and hits a planted object. Well ummm that's going to break parts. All manufactures build these trucks where they are affordable to the common consumer, you need to keep that in mind. They all have their faults, pro's, & con's. I tell you one thing TRAXXAS has some of the best customer support around.

You know yeah I wish I could buy a truck and charge a pack and put it in and let her rip. But the fun part about all these upgrades/ hopups and stuff is you can make the truck your own. Most people on here have made their trucks suit them. I think that's pretty awesome.

And back to the Integy thing. Everyone on here has learned their lesson on their parts. I myself have done all that too. I was lucky and didnt invest near as much as some. They do make a handful of quality parts though. Not enough to consider them for anything. IMO

Like i stated in the first couple of sentences. Make a thread and ask questions, keep all of them in that same one. So people can go back to it and use for reference. Don't ask 10 questions on 10 different threads, that's my feelings.

I hate to say but what you posted above is bashing. And bashing is not a good thing on here. There are a lot of good members here that are willing to help. Just give it time and patience.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    well...i don't mean to bash...thanks for the reply...i'm just merely venting my frustration...

i appreciate your well crafted response and i agree with u...i try to look through all the threads (but search engine doesn't work so well...either that or i can't seem to work the search engine...sorry not trying to bash) and not start redundant threads or ask stupid questions...but it's hard when ur a newbie like me...

i want to contribute to the community...but it seems all that i have is frustration...and i guess...this place helps me vent...

i think that even though i just vent...it lets other members know...that they are not alone...

and keeping back on topic...at this point...i'm thinking about the HR Racing's cvd and traxxas'...any comment or experience with HR Racing's cvds?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12