Sometimes you get that good feeling

I think I have my Merv upgraded to a level where I feel very satisfied about. I might even use the stock body because my Raptor one doesnt fit that easy. The last upgrades that made me realize I like it this way are GPM springs and the GPM front body mount.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    I've had that feeling so many times in the past couple months, and each time I do I end up doing something new to it! Car looks great, lotsa metal parts but looks good. How did that tranny case fit?

RC Racer
    I wish I could have that feeling. My wallet is always feeling light lately. But I just think that this is the nature of the hobby. Oh well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    surprisingly, once i got my merv initially built up, i didnt have many issues with breaking.... with the lipos, i actually got tired of driving it before the batteries died

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    surprisingly, once i got my merv initially built up, i didnt have many issues with breaking.... with the lipos, i actually got tired of driving it before the batteries died
    I have to say the upgrade process is something that I enjoyed, but the idea that it is like I want it, is pretty good too.

For the record, a list of mods/upgrades:

GPM alu knuckles (black), rockers (black), bulkheads (shimmed diffs), gearbox, steering stuff and front body mount
    GPM steel rods
    RPM A-arms and bumpers
    Traxxas alu shocks with TiN shafts and GPM springs.
    Hitec metal geared servo
    Integy battery doors (the name is under the velcro )

Mamba Max Pro / 4-pole 4600Kv and the Traxxas big block parts needed for that
    Fed with 2500mAh 30C 2S SPC power.

I probably forgot something.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday! After a couple of days putting some new parts on, (ss GPM toe links, new bearings, trx aluminum shocks, ect..) and doing some suspension tuning, i took advantage of the 65 degree day here in Pa, and had one of those eureka moments with my boss. Everything just came together and i could not get the smile off my face!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Champion
    I hope to be there soon
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Skitlerz View Post
    ...... tuning, i took advantage of the 65 degree day here in Pa, and had .....
    Yea Man!! It was gorgeous over here in NJ. Broke the shorts and tshirt out for the first time this season! The Mash loved it too. Haha.

RC Qualifier
    i just love this thing , it looks awesome

<< respect >>

RC Champion
    Your merv looks good! Is it heavy with all that aluminum? I only have a couple aluminum parts and my merv is starting to feel heavy! It might just need a BB! lol

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    Your merv looks good! Is it heavy with all that aluminum? I only have a couple aluminum parts and my merv is starting to feel heavy! It might just need a BB! lol
    Yeah, its noticeable heavier than a stock one when you pick it up, but the big block has enough power to notice nothing of that when you are driving it. The added weight makes it more stable at higher speeds. The big block makes the centre of gravity a bit higher, but I think the bulk heads help to put it back lower again. It even tips over less easy than a stock car. The little guy has a stock one to compare it with.

RC Champion
    Thats cool! I just ordered a brushed motor mount and gear cover. Just need a brushed motor plate and ill be ready to shop for a BB. I think im gonna get a SV2 4600KV system.

The Sv2 is reasonable as long as you use 2S, but if you plan to run 3S or just want to have no ESC heat issues at all, I would get the Mamba Max Pro if your budget allows it. Many have good experiences with it, but the Sv2 and me never became friends. Too light to my taste.

RC Champion
    The mamba max pro is a bit on the pricey side. Maybe i can snatch one up on ebay but IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    The mamba max pro is a bit on the pricey side. Maybe i can snatch one up on ebay but IDK.
    Like I said, its more heavy on the budget. But its tons better than the Sv2. I never had a single issue with the 3 I own at the moment. The built in fan never ran on other moments than during the startup cycle. It's not a must, but a very nice upgrade.

RC Champion
    A mamba max pro is $about $100 more than a SV2 setup so ill have to think about it.

The difference for the controller alone, shouldnt be more than around $50.