Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    I just drove it so far I couldn't tell what it was doing. I don't even have the antenna setup nicely inside the car, and with the hills, it kept going out of the line of sight, and so it would keep losing connection. THEN it went out of the line of sight AND I hit the power button on the transmitter... when I finally realized the transmitter was OFF, I turned it back on but it didn't sync with the car because it was out of the line of sight hahah, ANYWAY I have video of this and am looking for all the cables to get it off the camera. It's SO HOT out there today I HATE this heat... humidity has arrived :'(

RC Qualifier
    also drove it like a MF today and HAHHAHAHAHa Bought the center driveshafts at ebay a min ago

OOOOPS

hope the customs will spare me

RC Champion
    Good luck mossie! I just started painting my first shell! Trimming it went better than i expected. Its a little hacked up but it is a lot better than i thought it would be for my first try lol

RC Champion
    That's my fear too, I almost bought the slipstream today but thought, "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no, uh uh."

RC Champion
    Haha i wanna nice body and i figured the only way to have one was to get one and practice! I really want a jconcepts illuzions body so i figured id hack up a slipstream to learn haha. This is reminding me of my tire gluing learning experience haha.

RC Competitor
    korn what did you use to trim your body? :3 And how did it turn out with the paintjob? Pics pics pics!
    FrozenOne's merv total upgrades cost so far ~ 620$

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    i got mine up to 88mph and all of the sudden it disapeared and left flaming tire marks..............................
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FroznOne View Post
    korn what did you use to trim your body? :3 And how did it turn out with the paintjob? Pics pics pics!
    I used an xacto knife. I think lexan scissors are a must for me tho because it only worked well for straight cuts. The painting isnt going soo well. I did it in the garage and its too dusty so it kinda screwed up the paint.

RC Qualifier
    new wheels and decals painted bumper black had it run over by a kid learning to drive nothing phyicly broken howerver the servo is now toast .i will set it up like this guy accross the parking lot is learning to drive then he comes over to us to see the rc cars watches for a bit then darts out into our little play area runs my merv and buddys stampede i yell at him to stop then tell him to reverse, call him a few choice names. pick my mangled merv up and inspect it the balls popped from the rpm knuckles plastiic shock blew the cap and alittle dent in the vw body after 10 minuits of wrenching it was good as new for abouut 5 mins then the servo packed it iin now im really not happy with this dumb student driver but they are long gone .anyway that was what ii did with the merv[IMG][/IMG]
    Powered by Castle

RC Enthusiast
    When i paint bodies i find a dremel comes in handy, gives a nice smooth finish to those rough wheel arches after cutting, been doing that for years with 1/10 scale rc racing

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    I used an xacto knife. I think lexan scissors are a must for me tho because it only worked well for straight cuts. The painting isnt going soo well. I did it in the garage and its too dusty so it kinda screwed up the paint.
    Aah okey, i used something similar to cut my body and it turned out really well, i didnt cut al the way through, just scored it about halfway through and then i teared it slowly. That gave me a really smooth cut. and then i used a sandpaper to get super smooth edges Oh and yeah a garage isn't the best place to be in, i did that too and as you say it gets dusty i wont be painting in a garage agian xD
    FrozenOne's merv total upgrades cost so far ~ 620$

RC Champion
    I tried doing very thin coats but that didnt work soo well for me either first time around because the slipstream has soo many grooves and stuff that the flat areas got too much paint and the groovs werent getting enough. But i think my 2nd time painting will go a lot better than this time around lol.

RC Qualifier
    Last night I let my friend drive my MERV full speed in Series... he wrecked it into a curb. The front bulkhead broke. I think I am going to get a T-Bone chassis brace after I replace the bulkhead.

RC poster
    merv just arrived the batts are so tiny

RC Racer
    waiting on new servo

RC Champion
    I put the last coat of white backing on my slipstream shell earlier. I just pulled off the protective masking on the outside to see the end results and it didnt turn out too bad. No perfect by any means.... But im happy with it as my first paint job!

RC poster
    Shredded my rear Differential today. Yay.. fun fun fun!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CdubT View Post
    Shredded my rear Differential today. Yay.. fun fun fun!
    I bought another BL Merv (that's 3 for me and my sons) and after 1 hour of running on 2S, the rear diff started clicking like crazy. Shimmed it twice already. Poor design of the rear bulkheads-it needs another screw running perpindicular to the bulkhead to hold everything in place. Bummer.
    Active Duty Community Organizer, Philanthropist

RC Racer
    Thinking about going Big Block

RC Champion
    Dont think about it just do it! hahaha only 3 more days till i will be home so i can finish my BB install!!!!!

Today i wanted my merv so i was gonna throw the stock motor and ESC in then realixed i had to change the motor plate too so i put it back in the box till monday.

RC Qualifier
    I installed the heat sink on the motor. This weekend I'll change out the rocker bushing and install bearings, upgrading to the metal ball joints & possibly shimming the rear diff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GaiginRC View Post
    I have the bearings for the rockers on order. I've already replaced the bushings in the servo saver.

On a different topic: For those of you that have the T-Bone Skid Plate, any issues with replacing worn screws? I ordered a full set of black oxide hex screws. They were a pain to find.
    T-Bone Racing sells replacement screw sets (and spacers) for each kit, and they're pretty cheap.

RC Qualifier
    Did not know that, thanks. The hex screw are nice though.

RC Qualifier
    I just picked up a BB plate and mount with gear cover off the bay a few minutes ago, 8 bucks! Winning!!!
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    Got my gh knuckles and a raptor body and painted it up nothing crazy just one color.
    Here we go again.........

RC Qualifier
    Heres a pic
    Last edited by darkinferno; 03-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    Here we go again.........

RC Qualifier
    hitec mg85 servo custom arm and custom link very happy[IMG][/IMG]