RC Competitor

Broke slash chassis

So i was out running my slash pulled 68km then switched gearing down for more torque and some how i broke the chassis right in front of the rear tires. Do i get another plastic one or go with something else?

RC Champion
    Wow, must have been doing some big jumps too??
    Proline makes a 'chassis saver' that is likely to help eliminate that area of breakage.......

I put a chassis saver on one of my slashes a while ago. It was a proline or rpm, can't remember, but no more breakage.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I broke two plastic chassis and got an Xtreme Racing aluminum chassis. I couldn't recommend it more highly. Just takes a beating. All of the stock parts till bolt right to it. Throw on some RPM arms, towers, and skids for serious durability and aluminum at the corners for even more. Don't get their aluminum shock towers, though. The front one is good, but I could not get the rear one to stay tight, no matter what I did.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    A cheap option is the RPM rear skidplate.. it has an extra mounting point that strengthens the rear section, I never broke a chassis again with that in place.

RC Competitor
    I was actually running the rpm skid plate when it broke didnt completely fall apart but could deff tell it was broke. No jumps but i did cartwheel it a bunch of times

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The chassis saver is designed to protect against this exact breakage. I run one on my 2X4 pede and its amazing. Those little tabs that you mount the trans to are not as strong as they should be and the chassis saver really beefs them up. Id go that route first as it will be cheaper in the long run.

RC Competitor
    Would u happen to know the part number?

RC Competitor
    Is this the part 606208

RC Champion
    madmike. my son and i both have the chassis saver and yes thats the correct part. It is the best and by far the cheapest option for protecting your chassis from snapping at that spot. The RPM rear skid won't save the chassis, I've snapped two chassis with the RPM rear skid before getting the chassis saver.. No more broken chassis and I guarantee I trash mine harder than just about anyone here.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3