RC Champion

Cool Brake not BREAK! Video

Thank you again RPM for saving my little car.

Heh, I ended up hitting the THROTTLE not the brake. I hope I'm not the only one guilty of doing this from time to time.

I was running around my driveway doing speed runs and figured, "K I'll let'r cool down" and brought it over the cool and shadowed wet part of my driveway, annnd gave it gas instead of brake! Haha

No damage, just gotta unscrew everything again.

Also I show how it crawls with the Speed Hawgs! I bet not too many people use speed hawgs on a brushless system to crawl! Poor video quality due to my After Effects not knowing how to import audio from my phone, so I go PHONE>WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER> AFTER EFFECTS, and yeah, anyway:

I know I know it's not REAL crawling, but it's... going very slowly, without cogging and with a high tooth count! So :P

This was the first day the motor got hot! It wasn't HOT HOT I mean it was fine to put my hand on it, but it was certainly PAST warm! It's 23c out and I'm running hard and fast on and off-road for 40 minutes. 32t pinion 50t spur.

RC Qualifier
    Nice vid !!! Master and again i love your rims and speed hawgs

good too hear nothing was broken after the hit also

BTW great place you live in with a own driveway , i must travel 30 mins to Get to a place like this

RC Champion
    Thanks Mossie, yeah I guess I'm pretty fortunate, the only issue is... it's winter 50% of the year, which means PLENTY of snow removal :P

I just got in from a bunch of high speed runs 60+mph but got badly sunburned, I didn't realize because it is breezy outside, but my arms are RED and in pain yuck.

In the winter I lose feeling in my fingers, in the summer.. I cook. JEEZ these cars are tough on me hahah.

RC Qualifier

at least you had some fun!!! and the sunburst will be OKee tomorrow!

again a great vid and i am sure we will see more !!!

and PFFFFFFFF dont like snow!!! we are not used to see much snow in the netherlands
    THANK god
    LOL

RC Qualifier
    krallopian: I know exactly what you mean about how your fingers freeze and your arms get burnt. It's what it takes to have fun, though. haha. I love the name of your thread... very clever!

RC Champion
    Was that the team orion motor or veloneon 3500?

RC Champion
    That was the Orion motor!

RC Champion
    Okay thats what i was thinking. What gearing do you run? I have stock gearing and it looks like if i get a bigger pinion then id have to hack up more of my body lol.

RC Champion
    Not sure what one you started with 7105 brushed or the vxl? Either way you are somewhere between 23t pinion, 26t pinion or 28t pinion on a 50t spur.

I run 32t pinion on 50t spur, and these tires are really big so I get HUGE speed from them. No need to hack the body for different pinion though!

RC Champion
    Okay i have the 28T pinion on now. Also, my motor is very hard to turn. Do you think its because it has 4 poles? I know my stock motor spins very smooth and easy.

RC Champion
    Much stronger magnets, mine is like that too! So was my DTX 4650kv motor, but my Traxxas Velineon is SUPER smooth and SUPER easy to turn. I posted a few threads asking different questions about it, but other people I've spoken with don't seem to understand me... "uh yeah? That's normal man.. what are you talking about?" so I've learned, "oh."

Hehe!

Don't worry. Four pole is the magnet having four poles on it not just north south, but north south north south, which makes it "smoother" think if you a strong 2-pole motor!

RC Champion
    Haha ok man! It felt jerky like when magnets pull if that makes sense. Its gonna be hard the get the mesh rite because with the pinion just close enough to the sput for them to mesh it feels like its too tight because of how hard this motor is it turn lol.

RC Champion
    Yeah here's a video I made showing how mine works with the strong magnet!

RC Champion
    Thats how mine is! Im curious how itll be when i get it running then let off the throttle? Or whill it be smoother with it all powered on?

RC Champion
    It gets slightly smoother, and the gear mesh REALLY makes a difference. I always just mesh by hand and feeling, I neeever use that tissue-paper in the mesh routine.

It IS quieter now, and you get used to it. I run mine sensored so I can run slowly, and you only notice it when GOING slow! Haha oh well, better than a brushed motor imo.

When you let go of the throttle on my Velineon, it'll roll down a slight slope, this motor doesn't. I'm not sure which I like better haha! Either way it's a better MOTOR with more speed so either way I use the Orion.

RC Champion
    Haha im soo excited to get this thing installed!!!!! Im gonna trim the grooves in the chassis that hold the stock ESC in place so it sits on the chassis smoother. Also im hoping itll let the ESC sit lower so i can mount it normal instead of on its side. Is it ok if the esc is rite against the motor or should i try to keep a small gap between them?

RC Champion
    I have mine right beside it, the motor was very warm today but the ESC wasn't affected much at all. Was of no concern anyway.

I trimmed my first chassis down, when I got my new one (after the first one cracked) I didn't bother cutting it down my MMP fits in the slot just fine. (not the groove, but fits between the two grooves - no need to remove them)

RC Champion
    Hmmm mine didnt quite fit! Ill have to look at it again when i get home. I wont be home till next monday

RC Champion
    lol

I forgot to check this out earlier, that's funny

next time that happens you can just pop them back in on the spot if you want..

it beats unscrewing them, in my case any ways because a lot of the tiny screws are stripped on RPM knucks
    6.25% /

RC Enthusiast
    What is the servo on the front fot with the gold arm?

RC Champion
    he made it to flip the thing over, if it goes belly up
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Thanks Mossie, yeah I guess I'm pretty fortunate, the only issue is... it's winter 50% of the year, which means PLENTY of snow removal :P

I just got in from a bunch of high speed runs 60+mph but got badly sunburned, I didn't realize because it is breezy outside, but my arms are RED and in pain yuck.

In the winter I lose feeling in my fingers, in the summer.. I cook. JEEZ these cars are tough on me hahah.
    This made me LOL. I feel your pain! unfortatly winter kinda forgot about us in pa this year, saw onm the news last nite that to date we have had all 3.7 inches of snow this winter (im outside philly) its nice not having frozen fingers but i miss the powder!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Racer
    Haha I kinda did the same thing I was goin 30 and my wheel clipped my mailbox I tore my pivot balls out of my rpm knuckles and broke my steering assembaly

RC Champion
    Gully you can't do that with mine, they aren't; stripped at all... I just put wd-40 on the pivots because I wanted to keep them clean of snow/water so I think it's loosened up the plastic a bit and of course made it much slipperier so that allows them to "pop out."

No biggy just forces me to drive more carefully.

RC Enthusiast
    Good idea, well though out. I had kids to do that for me. A servo sure would have been cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by GULLY View Post
    he made it to flip the thing over, if it goes belly up

RC Champion
    mine aren't stripped out, I just mean the little screws that hold the pivot balls in, so when I take them out and put them back in, I use needle nose plyers and it takes longer.. so I'm saying I just pop them back in rather then messing with the pivot balls unscrewing and the little rpm screws, all that jazz
    6.25% /