RC Racer

Stub axle carriers

I know you guys say stay away from aluminum parts but i keep breaking the stub axle carriers are they worth getting in aluminum. Thanks
    2WD Slash Vxl W/ Venom 2cell LIPO 7.4v 5000Mah 20c

RC poster
    I went through three this weekend. Definitely considering aluminum...BUT if I go with aluminum, something else is going to break instead of the $3/pair axle carriers.

RC Qualifier
    Axle carriers is one place that is usually okay to do in aluminum. Viper is right in that whenever you upgrade one part you keep breaking, you'll likely break something else on down the line. However, many people use the aluminum axle carriers to great success, so I wouldn't worry about getting a set if you can afford them.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    yes get alum i run them
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

RC Qualifier
    For some reason my stockers held up really good, until recently and I decided to give the RPM's a try before I go aluminum. Time will tell but so far they seem to be doing fine but I don't have that many runs on them. They are cheaper initially but I guess I will see how long they last and judge from there if it would have been better in the long run to just get the aluminum ones.
    Last edited by toyota2; 03-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.

That's one thing I have on all my trucks, front and rears. STRC comes with new bearings.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Rpm carriers and alum ft c-blocks. I cant break that setup, and it is cost effective.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Rpm carriers and alum ft c-blocks. I cant break that setup, and it is cost effective.
    That's what I've been running on my slash for about eight months now and I've never had a problem. I'm using the strc casters
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    on my slash 4x4 the wheel hex would actually dig into the rpm carriers and destroy the bearings
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC poster
    I just snapped both my rear carriers today and have ordered a set of RPM's (plastic) for the rear and, as a preventative, the front. I'll let you know how those work out.
    Last edited by Screaming Fist; 03-27-2012 at 09:39 PM.

RC Competitor
    I took a hard hit to the front left of my slash the other day, I broke the pin that holds the front caster on not the caster itself (RPM), now thats tough right there!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've got a TON of mileage on my Slash.... and only recently started upgrading the plastic carriers to the Traxxas aluminum parts.

I've broken... several rear carriers..... but they're a cheap part, easy to replace, and its nice having a simple failure point.

However, the carriers, C block, and front knuckles seem like a decent area to go to aluminum.

I like RPM for arms, bulks, skids, shock towers.... but not the front C blocks, as it makes it easier to bend hinge pins.