Thread: Lipo Charger

RC poster

Lipo Charger

I'm looking at getting a new charger, curious whats good. I was looking at the either the Traxxas e-z peak plus 6 amp or the onyx 235. Recomendations, is their something else similarly priced I should consider.
    thanks,
    Paul

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can't comment on any of those, but thunder ac6 will do the same as traxxas one, but cheaper. I love the icharger that's the only I had for a while after the thunder ac6.

RC Competitor
    I have to second the icharger. I like it a lot more than the ICE it replaced.

RC poster
    I assume the icharger 106B+
    @$89 its competative

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 MEN AND A BOAT View Post
    I assume the icharger 106B+
    @$89 its competative
    the 106b+ is great, but for a little extra you can get the 208b or 206b (10 more amps). Don't forget you will need a Power supply, look at hobby partz for a 350w ps it is very cheap.

The traxxas charger is really simple to use. I bought it at a lhs for $79. Charges my 5400mah 20c Venom 3s in around 35-45mins usually on regular balance cycle. Never tried the quick charge setting.

RC poster
    is their an advantage to the extra 10amps, i thought most batteries only charge at 1amp per 1000mah

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 MEN AND A BOAT View Post
    is their an advantage to the extra 10amps, i thought most batteries only charge at 1amp per 1000mah
    My batts can be charged at 5c or 20amps, but I do 2c or 10amps. with the icharger you can use a paraboard to charge 2 o more batts at once, in that case you will need more amps.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    The traxxas charger is really simple to use. I bought it at a lhs for $79. Charges my 5400mah 20c Venom 3s in around 35-45mins usually on regular balance cycle. Never tried the quick charge setting.
    thanks, simple sounds good.