Thread: jump truck

RC poster

jump truck

what would be a good setup for my 4x4 to jump. I mostly jump at work(sometimes during work hrs) in our asphalt parking lot. 2s i can usually make it around 36ft. and 3s my boss can jump round 50 ft. i know asphalt is hard bashing. also would 2x4 be better to jump?

RC Champion
    I can tell you 4WD gives better in air control. Keep it light weight too.
    Last edited by anr2442; 03-27-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    get some powerstroke shocks with about 45wt in them.
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Champion
    I run 50 wt up front and 60 in rear with stock shocks upgraded with nitride shafts and aluminum caps and they hold up great at the skate park. Plus it's a cheap upgrade.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I run 50 wt up front and 60 in rear with stock shocks upgraded with nitride shafts and aluminum caps and they hold up great at the skate park. Plus it's a cheap upgrade.

I did the same shock setup, with different oil. these shocks work much better than my big bores did.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    I did the same shock setup, with different oil. these shocks work much better than my big bores did.
    I agree. With mine and my kids trucks I had to save some coin some how. This actually worked pretty good. I'm surprised at how well the setup worked. Glad to hear it worked with you too...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

I have the Proline shocks. Yesterday I put 80 wt in them and man! They are a little stiff but I don't hardly traction roll and off jumps it lands great!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    I upgraded to the PL Powerstroke shocks as well but it seems like I really had to compress the springs to establish some rebound and compression. Can someone tell me how much spring compression they are running? For example measure the distance between the bottom of the cap and the top of the black spring.

RC Enthusiast
    I had big bores, had problems with the rear of the truck botoming out coming off the jump, causing the truck to noise dive. Someone told me to swap the springs to linear, in my google research I came across Losi SCTE shocks. I put these on and ran them they seem to to great, they are alittle big, the spring hits the turn buckle in th erear at times. I'm running 35w with stock 4 valve. They were way more affordable that the prolines. just like everyone else said, go up on your shock oil weight and make sure you are running a good spring, preffereably not a progressive spring, but a linear spring.
    Last edited by NickG; 03-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Slash 4x4