RC Qualifier

I want a 4x4 bad! But.....

I have 2 STRC lcg Slash's now and all my son and I do is bash which includes gravel pits, ball diamonds, grass, streets and ramps. Am I better of to stay with what I have now than go 4x4? I am mostly concerned with the tough factor, mine are beefed up pretty good and we rarely break anything but bodies. I realize they take a little more to maintain but are they as strong? If I make the switch I will go with a CC2400kv and 3's, we run 3800kv and 2's now with MMP Esc's.
    Bash, Bash, Crash, Repair, Repeat....

RC Qualifier
    ive taken hits with my truck so hard i thought for sure was the end but it just kept on going. out of the box they are pretty good and with a few upgrades they are almost bulletproof plus the 4wd helps in a lot of situations
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Qualifier
    I took my Stampede (basically the same...) to the Skate Bowl and was jumping about 4 feet into the air before falling into the 12' deep section onto concrete. That is about a 16' drop. So, yeah, they are tough... I broke nothing running a 6000mah 2s lipo through it there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yup pretty strong vehicles, also 4x4 are more capable during off-road situations.

RC Competitor
    My son thrashes on both of our trucks, his is a 2wd slash VXL(both running 2S LIPO). I have replaced far more parts on his car.
    The 4x4 has taken some serious beating- full speed runs into the curb, jump over a 14' tree onto the pavement, asphalt tumbles that go on forever, ramp jumps onto asphalt at every bad angle etc. My teenage son beats both trucks equally.
    I couldn't have been more impressed with the durability of these trucks.

RC Qualifier
    they are tough i was shocked. i had a losi sc. and that hunk of junk was broken more than it ran