salvaging damaged tires............

got some tires with a torn sidewall from ballooning...........

whats the best way to fix the tire short of getting a new one? if i can find a way i have 2 that i will be fixxing along with removing from the rim so i can tape the insides.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    try some tire glue
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

thought about that, think i should just put some tape on the inside to hold it together until its dry then remove it?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    i just use quick set glue for stuff like that. i use glue that sets in like 1-2 seconds but you could use tape to hold it.
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

ok, well i think im going to boil some tires today
    Drag It!

genXrated
    I did a blob of shoe goo on the sidewall of one of my embe stock tires and it's held up to bash sessions since. Just a thought...

Best thing I've found for repairing sidewalls is automotive windshield urethane. I fixed a couple Revo tires years back and they worked great. Just make sure you get the urethane inside of the tear. Then put a light film of it on the outside of the tire, completely covering the tear. It would also be a good idea to do the same on the inside, but in my case, the tires were already glued to the rims.

Best part is, urethane is the same color as the tire rubber, so the repair is virtually invisible.

i think i know what your talking about. liquid urithane.

think im going to try the tire glue because i already have it. i would just try from the outside on the tire that is mounted but i think im just going to boil them and get the tires off for the reason i want to tape them anyway lol. ill let you guys know how it goes though.
    Drag It!

well started gluing the tire that was already off the rim completely. need to get some of it done before i can to the part right on the bead.

the other tire doesnt get to close to the bead so it will be much easier to fix. it is still on the rim and im boiling it as we speak to remove it.
    Drag It!

so im really hoping this works so that i have tires for my broke butt to run on and have some fun.

i love the slayer but theres nowhere to really run it around my house. and i distrust the road after my old maxx went for a swim in there along with my slayer pro over the winter lol
    Drag It!

go figure............. i tore the better tire more trying to remove it from the rim....... why is there a need to make a piece of rubber go inside of a groove the way it does? why couldnt they just keep the bead design how it was on the old 3.2" chevron tires.......... so much simpler lol. so now i need to completely re-attach about 1 1/2" x 1/2" or rubber where it got stuck in the bed on backside and tore. shake my head....................
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    dude just get some new tires lol
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

i have brand new one on the maxx now........... but heres the thing......... there 1/8th scale truck for racing. i bought them when i was at college for the track we had there........ why i did that instead of all around bashing tires? i dont know but im kicking myself in the butt now because i have no money lol
    Drag It!