Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You should make them next day air it! Ha right.
    Looks good!
    Look what I got!

RC Qualifier
    got the same and you wont regrad this MMP esc is so SUPERB

and you got the castle link too , thats makes life much much easier

Nice stuff 50
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    got the same and you wont regrad this MMP esc is so SUPERB

and you got the castle link too , thats makes life much much easier

Nice stuff 50
    Do you keep track of the money you have been put in your merv? If so, I would like to know.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    nope i dont keep track of money on Merv, its also not that much because everything is not to expensive i think

from 3 dollar till at the most 100 dollar

i do got much more expensive hobbies then this one , try to mod out a real car and you see this is cheap

also dont spend 200 to 300 dollar a weekend on bars of clubs like most of my friends do
    i do like that too but not every evening or weekend

BUT
    see it as this its a hobbie and hobbies cost money , but must admit The merv is the cheapest one i got

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    tried out the foams with my old combo. hitting from a roll it tracks fine but if i hit it hard off the line it pulls hard to the right.more like the tires spin and one side hooks up faster than the other

RC Qualifier
    yes i noticed that with foams you need to throttle controll it to the max

i have no issue with that , i can do throttle controll within a 0,5 mm

but indeed foams on a merv with BB is paying attation every second or you will ......................

the speed with foams is insane , and the first moment i roll with the foams i knew thats why fast Rustlers and other speedrunners
    do recommend foams.
    to be honest i like rubber tires more , because most of the times i do speedrunning with a combi of fun which mean that i like when there is sand on the concreep and you can slide and spin a little

the way i also give myself a fun monet in one houyr is one dual pack 3s for fun and fooling around , then give it a rest for 10 mins drink a coffee and smoke a sigarette and then a second dual pack 3s for insane hard runs.

when the merc is tweaked out and drives how its suppost to be , i am buying a thirth pack 3s

i always do take all my wheel when going to drive the merv and i even still roll the talons which are fun in grass and sand

were i drive you can speed run , fool around and do some bashing

only thinmg i do not is jumping or get airborn

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Got mail from thetoyz that they made a mistake and the servo horn is on his way to the netherlands

SUPERB
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's good! Only bought the foams for some speed runs! They are already getting pitted. Dirt hawgs still my favorite.

RC Qualifier
    Nice collection!!!!

RC Qualifier
    50togo PFFFFFFFF your INSANE you could open a store with all those tires

foams are fun indeed but i like the speed hawgs the most because doing mainly hard surface
    also now and then mount the talons to take a spin in short grass

UPDATE !!!! on the Problem

within an hour from now i am leaving to Peter and let him take a look at my Merv
    so hopefully we know more whatsup tonight !!!!
    i am packing all my stuff at the moment we speak.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Hey Mossie I think 50 does have a store lol... Had u guys put any thought in the MMP one cell?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cgvsiw
    Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ha! I sure lay out all my stuff and take a pic!
    Good luck on that mossie!

Since I woke up earlier than Mossie did, I take that opportunity to post here before he does

Mossie arrived nice in time and appeared to be a very neat guy. After yapping about a few things, it was time to get the car out. Just checking it on a few regular things, it surprised me that everything ran very smooth and was taken care of very well. Nice clean build on every aspect.
    For some reason, being sure it had something to do with the bulkheads or diffs, I started looking around there. I looked at the screws that hold the steering links to the servo saver and decided to see if they could be tightened further (no special reason for that but more out of habit from mine because they came lose quite often). Just tightened them a little and since I wasnt able to find anything, I decided to take it for a test run.

Pretty fast and very smooth running machine! I never ran that sort of huge gearing and was surprised how well it even took off without cogging or other issues. Not being able to notice any problems in the steering I decided to hand the transmitter back over to see what his experience would be.

After driving a while we both found out that the problem had disappeared. Looking back at all the possible issues that have been checked it just felt too easy that those two screws were causing the trouble. After debating it for a while we concluded that there was a logical explanation for the issue caused by the screws (they were not loose at all, but they just could be tihgtened a bit more). The bulkhead apparently expands a little on high speeds which caused a slight rubbing against the screws which cause a reaction in the steering.

I'm sure Mossie will have something to write himself. My opinion: great guy, great Merv and I hope great fun again from now on.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    i was up quit early this morning but did not have the time to give or do a message because i went to the Gym this morning for my work out program.

at first : BIGTIME THX FOR ALL the good advise and for your time last night Peter.

and like i was saying before , Peter is a guy who knows alot about RC and also has a lot of passion for this hobbie , when you talk 5 mins with him its the first thing you notice and the passion is 101%

i am so glad you found the problem and my first reaction was ARE YOU KIDDIN ME ? (in dutch DAT MEEN JE NIET ?)
    The first few runs that Peter did outside the house i did see right away and told him that too , WHATTTTTT its not doing its Surfing off trick anymore.The first 5 sec after that i thought NO WAY !!!! it cant be , but after a few runs Peter handed the radio to me and i drove 15 mtr and started to smile and did get a happy feeling right away.

at that moment a good friend from Peter arived with his RC (lives a couple houses down his block)
    MANNNNNNN JUST did hear a SOUND SSSJJJJJJJ SJJJJJJSJSJJJSJJJJSJS , PFFFFF i did thought my merv was fast but these guys are taking it a couple of levels higher with crazy drivin and WAY FAST speed.

also did take a Spin and a run with Peter his Stampede which is BIGTIME insane and is like a magnet to the surface and incredible steady , AND OUTRAGEOUS FAST (KILLING IN EVERY ASPECT)
    SUPERB RC 4 real

then we decided to take a few runs around the corner at some sort of square with benches and a perfect place to fool around , also Peter his son joined us , so the four of us did some crazy fooling around , bashing , drifting and had a great time.

These are great guys with lots of passion and know their stuff very well in every way -> cozy , fun and a great time hanging out with them.

only thing is that i wrecked my front A arm with the crazy drivin last night , its not broken down all the way but its gonna be soon , luckely for me Dave his Neightboor did had a few spare RPM arm and part did he didnt use any more and some nice steel rods so bought them for a crazy price from him and gonna do RPM arms now (the only thing i was missing on my merv)

so at the end did meet some great great guys and arrived at 18:40 and was back home by night (time flyes when having fun)

THX again MASTER Peter for the helping hand and greetings to all you nice family members

and gonna hang out with these guys for real next time = pure fun!!!!

Last edited by Mossie; 06-27-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Wow great news!!! Mossie and Peter YOU ROCK MASTERS!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's great mossie ! good job peter !so glad your running straight with no problems

I almost feel guilty about tightening those two screws which made it look so easy, while I know Mossie just did everything right to find the cause of the problem. Like I said in earlier posts and also told Mossie yesterday, sometimes problems look pretty complex which prevents you to look for simple solutions.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that pretty much is the same in life sometimes!

RC Qualifier
    @dwmoss = Thx man you rock too and indeed happy that the prob is found by Peter

@ttThree = thats a good point you got there and indeed a good thing that we here benefit from each others probs
    the cebration is gonna be RPM arms , a T bone front plate/bumper i am still waiting on , and still waiting on a servo arm from Hitec from Toyz

@Peter = dont feel guilty you solved my prob very well and i learned a good leason from this never give up and always check when having a prob all the thinny little things and every screw can be a solution

@50togo = you can imagine how XTREME happy i did get when Peter solved it , just was about to give up

@all what is say is in above reply is how i am gonna do the stuff on the merv from now on , every little screw or part can be a prob and from now on i check check check DOUBLE check every little detail.
    Xtreme has no limiits

Lol. I said almost I am just very fortunate to be able to make someone happy with tightening two screws.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    LOL at Peter

BTW you know sometimes you can make PPL happy with little things in life (een kinderhand is snel gevuld heh) HAHAHA

!!! for real now !!!

To do :

1. Servo horn Hitec on his way (i hope)
    2. T bone front plate (waiting on this since last month)
    3. installing rpm arms (laying on the bench at this moment)
    4. installing front and rear bumpers rpm (also on the bench right now)

5. is a question : wanna go lower to ground level - opened a topic for that and many did say on that topic
    take Travel Limiter Set from the rally vxl

did some research with that info and did come up with this part nr
    TRAXXAS TRA7067 Shock Piston and Travel Limiter Set

is this the correct set to install in my GPM shocks ???????
    Last edited by Mossie; 06-28-2012 at 05:04 AM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

What you are looking for are a few O-rings to mount on the shaft on the inside of the shoch to limit the outgoing travel length. Any spacer which fits the shafts will do. I think the 7067 set (if the size fits the GPM shafts) might limit too much. The rings from the 7062 set will give you more options to limit it in steps.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This was on stock shocks with one plastic hollow ball as a limiter on 3.3" foams but hit 1 little ripple in the road under hard throttle at over 60 and the new front skid.plate was broken in
    Last edited by 50togo; 06-28-2012 at 11:39 PM.

I'd say that is a slight amount of too much negative camber. Lol!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That was a pic of testing how low it would sit before I set the alignment
    lost the pic editing on my phone
    Last edited by 50togo; 06-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Ouch. That is the reason I prefer the plastic skid plates.

RC Qualifier
    @peter - thx for that part nr i gonna that info with me

@50 - a little lower is cool , but looking at your pic it was a little too low

i must agree one this one with Peter - about the Plastic skidplates not really a fan of Alu parts on bottom of chassis
    the alu part are to butter like , to take good impacts or slide through concreep
    The only alu i am gonna do from now one will be Transmission box and bulkheads all the other alu stuff like rods and other things
    i am gonna replace for -> steel or for good plastic stuff
    another thing with alu parts is that if it got a scratch or it bends or busted you direcly see it and you see it good
    with plastic parts its also a scratch but not dont look the same with damage as alu parts.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Nice low mervs there. I dont know about the camber but for straight line shouldnt it be 0.0 camber? Or at least close to 0 (with battery, etc)?
    did you read the post after that? I was testing different limiters. That was a pic before alignment

I am pretty sure the aluminum has helped me on the jumps I do. In the dirt is not as bad as hitting asphalt at 65!
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 06-29-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Merged

RC Qualifier
    i agree on the off road thing with you 50 but like a was saying before in my post for hard surface and asphalt its to soft the alu stuff
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Updating the arm right now !!!

UPDATE !!!!

stock arm (second one in 6 months which is not bad at all for me) LOL

left RPM and right the stock ones (1 side done here)

will come up with a complete session the next few days
    Xtreme has no limiits

@ttThree: Since the camber decreases when you push in the suspension, I prefer zero camber at the rear and very slight negative on the front for speed run purposes.

@Mossie: Hurry mate, it's good driving weather!

RC Qualifier
    Good work mossie, listen to peter and hurry up!!
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 06-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    the Merv:
    did not have the time to work on the merv today but gonna do a lot tomorrow i hope
    it started to rain as i type this post so no hurry with the little one
    also still no sign of the Alu servo horn either and i hope to get that next week
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 06-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier

front and rear bumpers are mounted and the Front A-arms too
    gonna do the rear soon !
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's good news! Don't know if you caught this on another post but when installing the horn don't use the inside hole like this use the hole to the outside. .I was having problems turning right wouldn't turn tight moved it out a hole works fine

RC Qualifier
    thx for the tip 50togo
    i will keep that in mind when installing the horn

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i forgot that is also with a longer link i made from the horn to the servo saver to make it more of a right angle.stock is shorter

RC Qualifier
    i got a longer one in spare from GPM
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    By the way asking about something in this post got me my first infraction points in over 12 years of internet forums!!

I blame you mossie!!! Not really but I suppose I need to read the forum rules a little better.

RC Qualifier
    did a few test runs early this morning and shot that on video cam

will post them later this day

INSANE straight lines WHOOOOOOOOOOO

also the first time i got a hot motor , still not so hot that touching it was not possible but never had it this hot before

@DWmoss - sorry master
    Last edited by Mossie; 07-01-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast