then today the Gyro came in

Dry fitted and its perfect and fits perfect on the empty servo spot

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    the Gyro part nr is : MKS Pro GD-4 RC Car Gyro

when you google this you will find it in several shops
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    done ! for the day !!!!! 22:00 pm now and gonna take a beer and sit in front of the TEEVEE

did install the Gyro a min agon and its working

THe Dremel my good friend for today )love him'

will post some stuff tomorrow about it and maybe gonna test it tomorrow afternoon

everybody take care now
    Xtreme has no limiits

You crossed fingers helped, buddy. I got the 7151X in the mail today. Just finished mounting them
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds good mossie when I first heard of the gyro I thought it was a real gyro like on a rc motorcycle

RC Qualifier
    What does the gyro do?

RC Qualifier
    At Peter thats so so good to hear and hope they will stay in and last longer this time

At 50 -> no from what i get its c ming from the Helicopter scene

at rc driver dude : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRUVtJZXd2Q
    or do read the topic Gyro on the forum with also some links and explaining
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yep if it helps let us know.what are you up all night!

RC Qualifier
    Having a very ......... week

brought my dad to hosiptal when he called me i am not feeling so well
    so i raced him over to hospital and second hard attack !!! when we had waited 5 mins more he was gone

then had no time to test out the new stuff like Gyro and alu rods
    driving to hospital every day and visit him

untill today monday !!! –> a sunny and nice day and not to warm

i’l start here

first : the Gyro
    this things rocks and keeps straight lines like an outregeous one and the –> speedruns so much more fun!
    makes the Merv awesome stable at straight lines and when you tune the Gyro to the max
    drifting is crazy and easy

to much gyro help –> will make the merv zigzag and curving and no fun to drive
    so you got to fine tune it along the way

did an half an hour tune up and tweaking and it works now

second the GPM push rods :
    dont buy them they are crap
    did so so many very bad crashing stuff with the stock ones and they never broke
    first crash with alu GPM ones and YEP! a broken one

then when running the another pack i noticed that the merv hold in and i thought HMMMMMM weird
    maybe the pack is not good enough charged
    then 2 PPL came ask for direction and i explained it to them and when they moved along
    i noticed that the merv would not move anymore
    you could hear throttle response but no movement

i picked it up and saw a red light blinking on the reiciverbox and thought first HMMMMM empty packs
    so replaced the packs with my other 3s ones and still no movement.
    then noticed that also i had no steering responce and i picked it up again a did some throttle movement
    all over sudden the engine start to run and the wheels begin to move , so i putted it down and thought whatever

then did a few runs and the merv started to act strange again and suddely stopped driving
    and again you can hear when i touched the throttle it was responding but no movement almost the same acting when lipo cut off comes in

when i walked up to the merv i did hit the throttle on more time and heart a sound like PSSSSSSSSFFFFDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSt
    and saw grey/black smoke and a very smelled a burned smell , and i quick removed the body and saw he esc was burning rapidly

i did a very quick movement to disconnect the 2x3s but the esc was burning to heavy already
    and all i could do was watch it burn and at a moment it was thick heavy smoke coming from the esc

so i allways cary some tools with me when i drive and also a sort of swissknife with a wirecutter and a wrench on it
    so i cutted as qiuck as i can the motorwires , powersitch and all other of the esc and hitted it with the multi tool thing
    to get it of the chassis and it still smoked black smoke and a terrible smell.

if i not have done this i think it also got other stuff on the merv was melted down with the esc
    when i walked back to my car i grabbed my temp gun and walked back to the esc which was still smoking on the curb

i temp checked the coolplate on it and it was 169 C (HOW INSANE HOT)

then running it was over for me so loaded up all stuff and started driving home and the whole car smelled like burning electronic
    at home i toke it apart and did install the stock 380 with stock esc and it worded like a pro
    the hooked up the servo too and again same blinking led and no movement , when i move the servo arm by hand
    the led turns to green and response on throttle and steering again but as soon as you move the servo it gets in an error
    and motor movement also stops , aldo you can hear it wants to move

what happend >>>>> ???????
    i think the servo died slowly and stopped working
    when that happens the receiverbox gets an error and gives an error to the esc , which still want ot give power to the motor

when i did the last throttle movement when walking up to the merv i think that the esc wanted to deleiver power but could not
    get it through anywere out and start to build up amps the could not get out.
    i think the PFSSSSDTTTTTIE noise was the amp building up heat and when it became to hot it fired up and melted and burned up

end conclusion:
    broke a servo today , burned the 1 month old sidewindeer esc , and f uped a GPM push rod today
    whole house is smelling like burned electronics now and INSANE how a little thing like a esc can burn and still smell
    like a ................. even after a couple of hours

so time to buy another esc , and a better servo
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    WHooooo i am having such a great WEEK

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Too bad you didn't have a friend to take video while you were going fireman all over the place.

Seriously, so sorry about your dad, send him our best from the forum.

Also, sorry about your merv. Oh well, if it doesn't break, it's boring!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is terrible, all around ! Last year went through same thing with my mom. Well now you have a new project. I am running out of things to do on mine.I like working on it!

RC Qualifier
    THX guys You rock

@ Chilidillo -> yes indeed going fireman and insane on how fast your minds goes when you see black smoke and hear a SQUICKY noise from the esc.

@ 50totgo : thx for the reply and i think we are in the same corner , because i like working on it to , sometimes even more then drivin it , i have been busy always with bikes , cars , motorcycles from i was a kid and enjoyed that always MUCHO

i just get a rush from taking things apart and work on it and when mouting it and testing it after that , and it works flawless is what i enjoy the most
    Xtreme has no limiits

Yeesh, man what a trouble. I hope you will have more luck from now on and that your dad will recover soon.
    I hope your LiPos survived the ESC fry session. Time for a MMP now

If I can be of any help, just let me know, buddy. I have next 2 days off and Spike City a 10 minute drive. Just give a yell.

RC Qualifier
    my dad will be released tomorrow so gonna get him in the afternoon
    i really concider stop smoking now , he smoke whole his life untill 2009 he stopped after first attack

did manage to quit this stuff 1 year and a half but started again!!!!! in 2010

as far for the Merv at first i was going insane , lots of stuff goes on through your mind when you see the black smoke

but now !!! calmed down and the first thing to do tomorrow is alling some local traxxas dealers for spare parts
    indeed i wanna do a MMP but first gonna look for the sv2 if they are in stock , and look for a replacement for the servo
    if they dont have the sv2 in stock i am gonna do a MMP

also see thats spare parts are not a problem on Gpm stuff too on the german site (only a 8 euro replacement)

@ Peter

Thx for the kind words and ofering the helping hand
    i am not gonna bother with my stuff , and you take care master and have a great 2 days off with lots of beer and fun !! and SUN! and a lot of RC fun! too

gonna be a ....... of a week for me because 30 may i have an apointment at the hospital to have a Apex on 2 teeth (Ikazia)
    then taking care of my dad and get him home and then finding spare parts.

oh YEAH ! i ordered a T_bone skid plate a min ago to protect the alu stuff when crashing

THX again for the offer and you rock 4 real PETER
    Last edited by Mossie; 05-28-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    now gonna open a beer and just chill and trying to forget this insane day

i better stayed in bed today
    Xtreme has no limiits

If you are looking for rod ends, I have a set of those, so if you want a few, just pick em up here, so you dont have to wait for the Germans.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    GRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!

called so many shops today and a big problem with getting the servo

bee racing , pk racing , traxxasshop , toemen , toprc

all dont take 1:16 stuff to serious when you call them and they promise to call back but
    havent heart from them all day and called them back myself and problem this and problem that.

the esc is not a big issue and can be here this week but the servo is giving me a hard time
    looks like its gone be a USA or japan one

any sugestions are welcome

@peter indeed its the rod end which is broken and its missing a pieve after 1 single crash
    and it was not even that hard too.
    dont understand why they made it plastic ends ???????

BTW can someone give me a list with servo's wich will fit on the merv
    i know there is one on the forum but can not find it anymore

MANNNNNNNN this is so so frustrating knowing whats wrong and which part you need and calling a shop and they act like they dont care
    Xtreme has no limiits

Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    GRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!

called so many shops today and a big problem with getting the servo

bee racing , pk racing , traxxasshop , toemen , toprc

all dont take 1:16 stuff to serious when you call them and they promise to call back but
    havent heart from them all day and called them back myself and problem this and problem that.

the esc is not a big issue and can be here this week but the servo is giving me a hard time
    looks like its gone be a USA or japan one

any sugestions are welcome

@peter indeed its the rod end which is broken and its missing a pieve after 1 single crash
    and it was not even that hard too.
    dont understand why they made it plastic ends ???????

BTW can someone give me a list with servo's wich will fit on the merv
    i know there is one on the forum but can not find it anymore

MANNNNNNNN this is so so frustrating knowing whats wrong and which part you need and calling a shop and they act like they dont care
    I have a Hitec HS85MG laying around here. And a Bluebird 390DMS (same as *******). Those are the most common used upgrades. Conrad has them for a good price. Or you could take mine if you want it faster. It's new.

RC Qualifier
    Mossie,

Here is the list Shimmie Neutron has posted previously....

http://www.servodatabase.com/compare...1677,2119,2130

RC Qualifier
    @peter did check the conrad site yesterday and from what i understand the bluebirds are delayed till month 8 and some till month 6

did called bee racing at 10:00 am this morning and eric was answering the phone
    explaining to him what happend and what i been looking for
    all i hear was EHHHH EHHHHHH EHHHHHH i have to call you back about that
    and 1 hour later he did and came up with savox which i knew , they dont make servo stuff for the merv
    then he told me i can find any micro servo stuff and only thing what i can think of is a new 2080.

i give him some hints *******390 , bluebird , hitec85 , futaba3102s and he was oooohhhhh okee gonna call you back about that again.
    He did not call back this day , and then at 8 o clock this evening i called PK racing and did see on their site the alternative servo for 1;16
    which they didn't have on stock , but we got the fs3115 which is also gonna fit the revo vxl.
    i quickly googled it while we talked on the phone and fisrt hit was Plastic gears in this one so i told him HMMM not what i am looking for and same ...... as the 2080 then after a while.
    also called several other shops today and in my opinion if they hear 1:16 they dont have anything in stock for it and also dont take it to serieusly because 1:16 is in their eyes kids stuff.

i have been in several shops since started the Merv and always see the same kind of faces when it comes up to 1:16 rc

thats little , thats no fun , thats a toy , thats slow , i dont like that 1;16 , not for me , no thx

untill you tell them hejjj look at movies at you tube on Merv 1:16 top speed from 70 mph till 92 mph and many many reach 66 mph with them easy and they go whooooooooo

first thing tomorrow is going to the hospital (kaakchirurg) and then in the afternoon gonna give the shops that did not ring back a second change.
    if they come up with the same old G like today , i will give you a call Peter and i take one of your servo's and will pay the new price to you

@Dwmoss -> you rock that was the looking for and insane i do read every topic on the board alwys but when i wanna find a thing back with info i always search my ........ off.
    Thx master you rock!!!

gonna try to sleep now !!!! very crazy day tomorrow with the hospital dentist
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Mossie,

I'm surprised you have such a hard time finding a replacement servo.... the LHS here all seem to have hitec's 82,85, 5085 all around. Good Luck in your search... and I'd love to see(vids)/hear more on the gyro once your back up and running.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi Mossie, very sorry to read about all your bad luck...

You could order a servo from Germany.... Don t know how easy that is from Holland but i found some on Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_nkw=H....c0.m270.l1313

RC Qualifier
    this afternoon i picked up a MMP esc and a Castle link cable and with a little luck i got a Hitec servo tomorrow

so build up time then
    Xtreme has no limiits

Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    this afternoon i picked up a MMP esc and a Castle link cable and with a little luck i got a Hitec servo tomorrow

so build up time then
    Wow, that is fast. I hope you didnt pay too much for it.

RC Qualifier
    the MMP was 142 euro at bee racing , and the servo i am getting for free tomorrow from the guy who infected me with the rc world and hobby , its his last month In Holland because he is gonna move to the UK (he works for T mobil)

he got devorced a year and a half ago because his girlfriend cheated on him for many years , so he left her and also left his house and his job and found a new one at T mobil making networks and works a lot in UK and europe.

T mobil liked his work so much that they offered them a job in UK and since he got not much to stay for in Holland he excepted it and told me i am at a point to do something different in life and i need a new challange.

so i am gonna lose on of my oldest friends next month
    GRRRR i am gonna miss him 4 real (been a friend for almost 30 years)

he owns the Ken block Fiesta which igot me hooked on rc stuff and a Gravedigger !!!

anyhow just like you (Peter) he got many spare parts for the 2 rides and also 3 servo (spare parts )
    i called him yesterday to talk to him and when he would leave and we talked also about the rc stuff when he asked me how is the Merv.
    Told him i had a esc on fire and that the servo was toasted and hard to get a new one , he told me i am friday at my mothersplace and with that i almost cross your street so i will drop one of for you.

i told him no way i am gonna buy one from you but he got mad and told me no way you helped me many times when needed
    so now i am getting you a servo.

on topic:
    the MMP is mounted already on the chassis (used the old bracket from the sv2) with a little modification
    !!!! mr dremel was again my good friend today!!!! LOL
    also did solder the Traxxas plug on the battery wires a min ago , and must say it fits but its tight.

the MMP esc is a little higher then the sv2 so i had to make some modification on the mountbracket
    but it will work,
    hoping to have more luck with this one.

all i do now is waiting on the fasttrax foams and t bone skid plate which will be here next week i think

BTW Peter big thx and Probs for the servo offer
    YOU ROCK 4 real
    Xtreme has no limiits

Sorry to hear your good friend is leaving, mate. Great that he is giving you that servo anyhow.
    Man, €142 is a big price. I paid "only" €90 for my last one. You have to whine harder for discount there, looking at your part in their revenue

RC Qualifier
    Mossie,

Look at the glass half full, now you will have a place to stay in the UK!!

RC Qualifier
    @Peter -> i know did see them on internet for 114 euro -> i did notice it a few times that they dont give discount adn always come with the excuse that brands have done a 30% on the price and that they not can give discount anymore.
    also the lack of interest which they got i dont like , and last i did mention the servo story and did a lot of reading on forums with the servo story , and Bee going with the story nope nothing wrong with the servo and its how you guys drive your cars and bump and crash and drive it too hard with bigger motors , and we never did hear that the servo breaks on a e revo vxl.
    also both came up with the clue if you drive a ferrari and you hit a curb , then you also got damage and is that a way or reason to talk to ferrari that they must make their chassis stronger.
    i gave up !!! and told him seach googrvo thing and read about it and how many times it got a defect.(some PPL drive a stock e revo 4 times on hard surface and it breaks)

also i think !!! it was the last time i bought something at Bee racing : main reasson the price and 2 times been served very well 3 times been served with lack of interest and dont bother me with crap attitude.

@ Dwmoss : yes thats right and was the first thing the mention , if you come to UK and need a stay call me or mail me

BTW !!! got a servo an hour ago and its a Hitec85mg -> thx to my good old buddy Robbie

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    goning to build up again !!!

will post some pics as soon as i am done !!!!

you all have a great weekend guys and girls
    Xtreme has no limiits

Cool, mate. Dont forget that the gear on the servo where the horn is attached to, has a different tooth count than the Traxxas one. So you have to use a Hitec horn to make it work. You will probably know that already, but just in case

RC Qualifier
    or a losi one or a custom one !!!! yes i did read the topics about that servo on the board !!! and always a great pleasure to read your advise Peter : you know your stuff and what you are talking about and i like that so two thumbs up as always for you.

you on the board and as a helpfull hand is GREAT!!!!

been working on the merv this afternoon
    trying to program the esc but i dont get one thing
    in the castle link there is a option -> test your motor about rpm and kv
    but i dont get it how it works ??????

whats the ecxact way to do this ?????

the rest is done now and al i have to do is mount every thing in place and test it
    Xtreme has no limiits

I wouldnt be bothered with the motor test options too much because I doubnt you want torque control.
    You just have to connect a battery, remove the pinion from the motor or take care that the pinion doesnt touch the spur when you test it. Just look at the help function and you will understand.
    And when you want a Losi horn, bear in mind that it doesnt have metric thread on the spot where your steering link is attached.

RC Qualifier
    again thx for the good advise Peter
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    update !!! the Hitec servo is not working !!!!

hooked it up with the stock stuff and witht he new MMP and you hear it make a blieping and cracking sound

i think its broken too , i called my buddy and he did say i had laying three servo but knew that one of them was not good but could not remember which one because they all were packed in a box.
    i think he gave me the wrecked one !!!!!

he wanted to bring another but then he only got 1 spare left so i did order a hitec one myself last night
    hoping it will be here this week!!!!

it not so bad because its raining all day here now so just wait to next week to get it running agian!!!!!
    Xtreme has no limiits

Lol.That other Hitec here started talking to me with a tiny voice... "I wanna help Mossie, I wanna help Mossie..... It's dry in 20 minutes, It's dry in 20 minutes...."

RC Qualifier
    HMMMMMM the servo is in his place now and made a custom horn for it shich works

but i seems like i must reverse the servo settings and i am havind a hard time doing that

did manage to do it once but he is not holding it

is there someone who can tel me how the reverse stuff adjustment works and how to keep it ?????

THX !!
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    will post an update tomorrow with pics
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't take this the wrong way but I have a dog named mo and I find myself calling for him HERE MOSSIE!

RC Qualifier
    animals always +10 and i like them so so so much
    Xtreme has no limiits

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast