Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow looks nice! Looks like a taller gear is in order, from the shorter tire and rotating weight!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the great pics, I love foams for the street speed runs too!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the pictures! I have the same foams coming and was hoping that you will post some pics.
    Looking forward to hear how you like them in action....

RC Qualifier
    i did mount them this evening and give it a try out on the hard floor in the hallway at home

i already can say that acceleration with foams is much more and insane

can not wait to try it out on the road

i think it will be end of the week , because the weather is not to good tomorrow
    and my project is not waterproof at all

also did take a few pics and shots and will post them tomorrow
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    @50togo nope !!! i am still gonna run the 31T45t gears
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Mossie, since those foams weigh much less and have less diameter, you can afford to gear 35/45. The car will be slower using foams without gearing up.

RC Qualifier
    i got a 35T HPI pinion laying around here so gonna give it a try then

thx for the advise Cobra
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Yeah you need to gear it up real good because the foams are smaller and they dont baloon. This is a common phenomenon we speedrunners have with our rustlers, regarding foams vs balooning rubber tires.
    Rustlers owners are most of the times the MASTERS of speedrunning
    so i believe it right away , when you guys say to gear up

gonna install a 35t pinion tonight
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    first impression:

did give it a spin with 1 dual pack 3s and i cant use bad words here on forum but man foams rules so so so so much
    for speedrunning!
    Its outrageous how the merv is from take off to 200 mtr goes off like a rocket

the only thing is that if there is sand on the asphalt he spins like crazy and you can not get gooed traction

so the first runs did not worked out well untill i moved further down the road which was much cleaner
    and then i did have a WHOOOOOOOOOOOO INSANE 4 real moment.

i still did a run with 31T pinion but gonna mount a 35 one right now and will give it another test tomorrow!!
    i find it quit fast with the 31T and cant wait to try a 35T
    also when i am tweaked out and tuned out gonna mount a iphone under the body to measure the speed with GPS !!!!!

and something new !!!! i did not wreck anything this evening

i recommend foams to anyone who is doing speedrunning and trying to get insane drive by roadrage

man oh man this is superB
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    still wanna get lower to the ground with chassis

i did not take my video cam with me tonight because it was only try out and test time , but will do a vid when i am done with all my stuff !

also i do not like the chrome look on the rims , i do like chrome but on this rims its looking cheap so did see lil revo hs rims and thinking about to paint them black
    Last edited by Mossie; 06-13-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Looks epic man.. Wish I had the sponsor to get all of my stuff that I have on my wishlist How's the castle treating you? Do you plan to change the motor esc combo out anytime? But I do have a serios question where did u order the mat from for your workspace?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    ITS from HPI racing , i bought it at a shop in the netherlands called BEE RACING

it was not a cheap one : 50 euro -> 62 dollar

but i must say its a great and awesome thing to work on

has compartment for screws and when you smash a srew on it it stays on the mat
    also its easy to clean and you can even solder on it.

i wanted a workspace because you know when you unmount a Merv on the dinner table
    womans get crazy when they see 100 parts.

so now got a work space were the revo can be taken apart & when i am busy and its bed time i can lay it there
    and go further the next day without getting a angry face

you also can order them from the toys , which is much more easy since you guys live in the USA
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    i did a 35T pinion today but was not able to test it out

when the weather stays good this weekend i will give it a fast run
    and will make a vid

still got lots of vids on my cam but not have the time to edit them
    because of the busy stuff lke revelidation and going to gym every day and doing stuff around the house

i will do that in the next weeks

thx for the nice compliments all

YOU ROCK

BTW Armyssg the castle stuff rules and not planning to do other stuff
    the MMP in comi with a 1406 - 4600kv rules on 3s
    but i am not a basher or off road guy , i mainly doing speed on hard surface

Last edited by Mossie; 06-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier

the pinion gears on the bench from stock till insane

my little box with spurs and pinion and shims (the collection ill be growing) LOL

the 35T installed on the motor

not much more space left with this one to go bigger

running now 35T45T -> wanted to try it out this afternoon and the sun was shinning so did soem charging but by the time the 3s pack were done it started to rain real hard.
    next try tomorrow or sundaymorning

keep ya posted guys and have a great weekend and dont forget your father
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that looks sweet mossie. i just got my new foams from cobra and the 35t pinion in the mail!.i am taking off the exotek shocks to do some speed runs and setting up some stock shocks with limiters and 80wt and a sway bar also from cobra. maybe i can get some good runs without wheeling getting in the way!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    @Three -> between 66 and 70 would be great

@50 -> great master good to see that your gonna do foams too
    let me know how they run and what you think

great to see that more and more PPL like to speedrun which is a kind of drivin what most PPL here dont like and do bashing

i like bashing and off road too but the most thrill i get from going fast and doing speedruns on -> on-road
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    I just wish they had classes to race the 1/16 scale here at the local track... But the terrain here is primarily for bashing but maybe I'll try some speed runs I the dirt road... Could produce some interesting results! Mossie u have the funds be the first to make yours go 100mph lol!!!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3sfwjm
    Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If the foams help that will be easy I have hit 60 then gave it full throttle and it just wheelies

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I was running speed hawgs and adjusted the wheelie bar straight down with rockers tied with zip ties and got up to close to 60 and it spun the tires!

RC Qualifier
    weight in the front will give you less speed

i think throttle controll is the best option

be gentle on throttle and take a run with a great distance and then dont hammer it
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You need another post mossie to get off that number!

RC Qualifier
    done that 50

just comming back from a few runs and did ended on my roof in a deep puddle

the last few days it has been raining hard and were i drive there is grass on each site
    did not pay much attention and flipped over right into that puddle which was pretty deep

every part has seen water but its still runs and there is mud everywere

i did stack the esc a min ago in a sack of rice

also discovered a weird problem which i had also last run but it became worse and ad worse
    if i do a run and let go the throttle the merv is pulling to 1 side

first it was a bit but now its so much that it crash al lot and flip (that way i ended up in water in the grass in the first place)

also i was thinking maybe it has something to do witht he foams so i did have the speed hawgs and talons with me in a bag
    and mounted these but also with both wheels the pulling to the left when i release throttle.

i did checked servo stuff , steering arms , servo horn and i can see nothing wrong with it
    al last i did a few adjustment on the steering arm (inside outside) but then the merv also lead a life of his own at driving and
    the more throttle you give the more it pulls of.

for now !!! fist gonna get everything dry and unmount everything on the merv and clean it
    then check it up if all parts are good and start to build up.

if its still there i think i am gonna pay Peter60 a visit (he is livin not so far from me) and got a lot more
    experience then i with all stuff , maybe he cant see whats wrong but there is defenitly something wrong with it

also thought hmmm the Gyro is f-word me up so i disconnected that and put the servo directly back on the receiver
    but also that doesnt matter.
    from what i think the problem began a couple of weeks ago with a little pull off to the left

so thought then hMM strange maybe its time for a Gyro now to keep it better in a straight line
    i mounted the Gyro and thought cool its over untill with the last pack the servo did break!!!
    then did the Hitec servo and noticed he he doing it again but i thought it has something to do with the new servo and gyro adjustment.I did try every option with alll the things this morning but still not getting what the problem is.
    also do have a idea that its getting more and more every run and today it become so extreem and ended up in the water.

so unmount time for me now

also any suggestion are welcome
    Last edited by Mossie; 06-17-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    yes! i hate rain too (even when i am not doing rc) sweden is not so far from The netherlands so i think we are seeing the same rain

about the problem dont now yet what it is i am unmounting every part by now
    i keep that in mind and gonna check the diff both
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    thats what i tested as one of the first things on the street today , and when doing full throttle the servo dont move

i know what you mean i did see a couple of you tube movies about that 2 weeks ago

its total torn apart (merv) now and i am cleaning everything the whole afternoon
    at first sight : its possible to clean everything and no damage PFFFFFFFFFFFF so happy with that

but

now duck into the steering problem and inspected all parts but dont see anything strange

still investigating

But very bigtime THANK U for thinking with me ttThree always great to have a backup on things
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    worked the whole afternoon on it and most of the evening too

i even didnt watch soccer on television this evening but kept on working

still not know for sure what the prob is

my options -> push rods and toe links , or the new servo and its horn
    why because after those installs the prob started .

its night now overhere and gonna get some sleep and will inspect and do try to figure out whats wrong tomorrow again

ZZZZ
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    otherwise i am gonna sweep it on MP and buy a Rustler
    Xtreme has no limiits

I wonder if your receiver got wet. That might be something to check. Just give a yell and pay a visit here. We could swap receivers and check if that helps.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Mossie I got the same set up just mine sits a lot lower I drove mine up the road while in a car behind it I got to 60 really easy 2s d 31/45

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Mossie, dont give up so easy... There is for sure a easy solution and when you find out, you will be verry happy and released...... And finally sleep well again... Hehehe... Joke.
    But really, maybe is a bearing or driveshaft.
    For sure a good idea to let Peterje have a look.....
    Head up man...

RC Qualifier
    @peter - no the only thing that did not get wet was the receiver , and beleive it or not the past week i was installing the 35T pinion and thought shall i remove the cover of the receiverbox , i dont do running it in snow or water but i thought let it on and can do it later also , glad i didnt remove it

@Jhsmith -> 66 mph with 5700 and MMP is possible and the tenbol guys give that speed as a point they are getting , i think when you gonna try 2x3s you are having a real WHOOOOOOOOO moment.

@Chefmike -> nope dont gonna give up! but its kinda frustrating that i put a lot of work and money in the merv the last 2 month and that its drivin the last 2 weeks like crap.I know i am gonna find it and i f i dont gonna find it , i am gonna let Peter have a look at it because he knows al lot more then i am.

@ttThree -> i did saw a you tube movie on what you mention so when the problem got worse and worse in did try that and did a full throttle with the Merv in my hands but you dont see any servo movement then.

At all : i am gonna mount the merv the next couple of days , and inspected all parts but dont see or find anything weird on them
    so gonna mount the parts and test it out later this week with a little run.

oh BTW
    i did see that a Alu servo horn is on his way to my Home from tower
    Xtreme has no limiits

Another thing to check is the servo saver. My buddy had a broken screw once, which caused similar problems.
    Same goes for a broken or damaged Y-post.
    Just finished diner, so you are welcome if you need a helping hand or another pair of eyes. Altho somewhere I think you will figure it out yourself.

RC Qualifier
    @Peter60

did a check a min ago on the saver but screws are fine and so is the saver , also on the Y post and crank thing is nothing to see.
    Its not that i dont want your help and i know that you are having a lot more knowledge and way back more experience then me , but learned as a car mechanic in 22 years that you always must take a look yourself and trying it.
    With that i learned a lot in my life , with things i first did know ... about but simply did jump into it and learn and read and trying it.
    there are some PPL who let others do everthing for them and never try 1 thing thereselfs , and when they have a problem and 1 of those persons is not there , the have a big problem and cant do nothing there self.
    I learned myself always take a look into it yourself and ask advise and listen to that , then try to fix it or find out what the problem is and from that stuff you learn alot , doing it yourself
    last time i was at Bee racing Bas told me there are many guys who come here and i install and mount everthing for them and when they have a problem with something not working they can not fix it by them self.I sad are you serious ????? he sad yes i am and the other side is that are also a lot of ppl who dont know how to but look it up on you tube or ask it and try it their self.He told me that type of guys usally know alot and there are many who even know more then me , and you know its my Job this RC thing.
    on that i agree with him and another thing with this story is that i like to do things by myself , i like the mainentance and doing stuff things and learn about it

anyhow still not have found the prob and i am slowly putting the merv together now

then this week i am gonna test it out and if then the problem is still there i am gonna take it in a bag to you and then gonna take a look at it by a real pro

i just can stand it that i can not find out whats wrong : and i can fix my own bike , car (own and for work) , computer and do every job around the house myself (even paper the wall and paint stuff) also doing more then 24 years carstereo building with big amps and all other electronics.
    but that little RC thing is giving me a hard time now !!!! gRRRRrrrrrr

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    I really hope you fix it, so we others can benefit from the findings.
    i agree with that post ttThree

also a reason why i do read almost every post on the board.

but like i was saying this prob get me so so frustated , because i can not find out whats wrong!!!
    if you know what your must look at then you can focus on that but for now ever single part can be the problem.
    Xtreme has no limiits

Let it be clear that my intention is never to "just solve your problem". I don't even know if I can find the cause. The thing is I just offer help in ways of another pair of eyes to look at your car. You learned a huge lot of things by yourself already which made you an expert already.

I will never call or find myself a pro. I have learned that looking together at a problem helps because you have different ways to approach a problem.
    My buddy next door is a completely different type than me. Which makes us two a good team to troubleshoot.
    So never expect me to look 2 minutes at your car and tell you "found it, replace this and that and you are fine".
    Just feel welcome at any moment you want that other pair of eyes and don't expect miracles.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Let it be clear that my intention is never to "just solve your problem". I don't even know if I can find the cause. The thing is I just offer help in ways of another pair of eyes to look at your car. You learned a huge lot of things by yourself already which made you an expert already.

I will never call or find myself a pro. I have learned that looking together at a problem helps because you have different ways to approach a problem.
    My buddy next door is a completely different type than me. Which makes us two a good team to troubleshoot.
    So never expect me to look 2 minutes at your car and tell you "found it, replace this and that and you are fine".
    Just feel welcome at any moment you want that other pair of eyes and don't expect miracles.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Peter ->>>>>>> YOU ROCK

and in my eyes your a PRO

did say it once but say it again

YOU ROCK

when i dont find the prob i will pay you a visit at Charlois roffa !!!!
    but now that i think of that , will pay you a visit also if i do find out whats wrong

zo wie zo een keer samen rijden lijkt me super veeeeel fun!!!

je hoort me binnenkort Peet

Afz.
    Marco
    Last edited by Mossie; 06-19-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

Lol. Plan something in the weekend. So we can drive to the Sluisjesdijk. That has a 500m long asphalt straight as smooth as a pool table.

RC Qualifier
    nope did a test run of 10 mins this afternoon
    and must say it runs a little better but still pulls to the left if i throttle and als when i let go the throttle after a fast run
    it surfs off to the left badly.

now !!! again i am taking of parts at this moment

from what i get of it now is:

when i move the throttle a couple of MM its running starihgt but when i throttle it to start a power and fast run , in my vision it looks like that something in the steering is being pulled (servo or arms) and it pulls of like crazy to the left.
    its so so strange a couple of weeks ago i can set the merv to the ground with wheels straight slowly pull the throttle and started a run with out even touch the steeringwheel on radio

if i do that now !!! after a couple of MTRS i crash to a curb or it ends up on the road side in the grass.

today i almost hold the merv into my hands and had it smash to the ground and stopping it and buy a erbe or a vorza.

getting real frustrated now! and the problem begun when i was doing the Hitec servo and the Gpm arms
    so thought to be smart and mounted the stock traxxas arms but the same .......... with that
    it has to be the servo , horn or something with steering.

Just give it one more try myself to find out whats wrong and then put it in a plastic bag to peter and leave it at his place and maybe he can find out whats wrong.

if he cant find it then all hope is gone and its gonna be on the internet for sale and i am buying a erbe , rustler or vorza

i am getting real angry now and i buy everthing for this merv and it running the last 2 weeks like .................... (can not say that here but yoyu get the piont)
    being spending serieus money on this thing and got 0% fun the last few weeks from it , and that is f-ing me up!!!

dont get me wrong i did have some real fun moments with the merv but for now i wanna trash it and buy a rc thats not having crazy probs and is almost not able to drive normal
    Last edited by Mossie; 06-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    and oh yeah !!! did even try to do a proper run without gyro

but then the pull of is so bad that it crash because i have to steer so much and it flips over

after 15 times i got so frustrated that i realy want to throw the mev into pieces against the ground and i did have iot in my hand to throw it so hard to the concreep today.

but had a moment that i thought naaaah that aint gonna solve the problem either
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    wanna get into this problem but the thing is dont knwo wat parts if doinmg the bad job and that real frustrating
    Xtreme has no limiits

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast