Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

It's here! have a look at the web pages, then meet back here to talk, talk, talk!

RC poster
    I'm looking forward to seeing a video of it in action!
    It really makes me want one, but I'm a little worried about what the price might be.

Sweet,
    Are the rear tires the same as the XO-1 with just a side wall extension to add to the look, or is it a completely different designed tire?
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    I'd like to know a price estimate?
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    It says $499 msrp if you read it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I'd like to know a price estimate?
    $499

Tapatalk PRO
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC poster
    Thanks for the price, I missed that.

RC Champion
    SSSP is $499

Edit *too slow*
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-02-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    PeterV: Looks nice but just wish it was a gasoline 2 stroke engine instead

Tapatalk PRO
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Champion
    You guys crack me up. I didn't see the price when I was reading. Thanks fot posting...

RC Champion
    video looks good. this will catch on really well. good turn of speed in a short distance.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

When? I want this NOW! lol

Nevermind i see it now, will the APril 16th release stick? would make an awesome self gift for my birthday lol
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    I'm for sure getting one,maybe two so the kid can get into the action also. Be curious what the aftermarket support will be. Will I need to buy some VHT for my driveway??

RC Qualifier
    What a waist. I was so let down when it was electric. Who every heard of a electric top fuel car. That does nothing for me. Oh well thought it was going to be something good

Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    Sweet,
    Are the rear tires the same as the XO-1 with just a side wall extension to add to the look, or is it a completely different designed tire?
    I found the answer: Rear tires and foam are the same part # as the XO-1 rear tires, just a different wheel.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    What a waist. I was so let down when it was electric. Who every heard of a electric top fuel car. That does nothing for me. Oh well thought it was going to be something good
    If we only made electric models of full-size vehicles that are electric, the entire Traxxas product line would be a 1/10 scale Nissan Leaf

Full-size funny cars aren't electric, but for an RC funny car to perform like a full-size funny car, electric is the way to go--TORQUE baby! But if it's not for you, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    Who has heard of electric full-sized Short Course Trucks? Electric 1:1 monster trucks? et al.... I'm a nitro guy and after looking this car over, BL makes sense.
    The Super Derecho

Nice reply Peter! Guys, please remember that if it is not what you had personally hoped for there is no need to make negative posts about it. It absolutely IS what a LOT of other people have wanted for a long time!
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Champion
    That car is sweet ! Good job traxxas.

Haha i just called my LHS to preorder one, and they dont even know about it yet.

This is an awesome feature!! How cool would it be for nitro!

Exclusive Burnout, Staging, and Race Modes
    The Traxxas Funny Car's patent-pending Throttle Mode system makes the Funny Car driving experience as authentic as the car's styling. Burnout mode delivers full-power, linear throttle control to warm the tires as you hold the Funny Car in position and "smoke" the tires. Flip the switch to Stage Mode for ultra-precise low-speed control to creep up to the start line or into the DTS-1 timing system's stage beams (DTS-1 sold separately). Flip to Race mode, and the throttle delivers your pre-set torque settings--turn torque down when traction is low, dial it up for high-bite conditions.

Launch Control Switch
    The patent-pending Launch Control system lets you set the amount of torque you need to suit available traction. Set the Launch Control switch to "hold" and mash the throttle. When the light goes green, drop the switch to instantly deliver full throttle with your torque settings for a perfect jump off the line.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I live not to far from Cordova dragstrip in Illinois. There is going to be a demand in my area for sure. One of our lhs has plans already for a rc drag strip. There are plenty of smooth no bump parking lots where we can run these. I just can't wait.

I like the car a lot. I can see it spawning a whole new racing craze in parking lots all over the place,,,ok maybe not totally new but at least renewed

Whether it is your cup of tea or not you have to give credit to Traxxas for being innovative and finding new ways to get new people into the hobby.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I can only pray to the Nitro God that you guys have a nitro version being designed or you have already designed and it will be released some day. I respectfull disagree on the electric is the way to go and you need electric to make your funny car perform like a real one. You need to come to my house and see some nitro cars and trucks run. There the closest your going to get to the real thing and not electric. Check out this real to scale dragster I built. The motor is in the correct way it has a clutch and real rear end with a ring and pinion. This runs like a real one 100% and it's quick and fast. The smell of the nitro and when you crack this thing off the line and those tires grow real tall, thats what gets your jucies flowing. LOL if all the top fuel cars were electric no body would go to the nationals any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    If we only made electric models of full-size vehicles that are electric, the entire Traxxas product line would be a 1/10 scale Nissan Leaf

Full-size funny cars aren't electric, but for an RC funny car to perform like a full-size funny car, electric is the way to go--TORQUE baby! But if it's not for you, that's cool.

RC Racer
    I love the look of the car!!

I will be doing a lot of modding to try and make it competitive with the other drag cars that are out there right now!!

The tires I think will be a problem

Right now all the top drag cars use foam !! Which is best for drag racing on VHT!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I hope an aftermarket company comes out with cool old gasser bodies for these.

Weird that it's only 3S while the Mamba Max Pro and 2400Kv Castle set allows 5S. At least I think it is a Mamba Max Pro.

Sweet addition to the Traxxas range.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Weird that it's only 3S while the Mamba Max Pro and 2400Kv Castle set allows 5S. At least I think it is a Mamba Max Pro.

Sweet addition to the Traxxas range.
    Looks like a mamba max pro but the mmp is only rated for 4S only the motor itself can handle 5S.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    I found the answer: Rear tires and foam are the same part # as the XO-1 rear tires, just a different wheel.
    I can't see how it would have same part # as an XO1 tire as those tires aren't even close to these. I would hate to order XO1 tires and get the funnycar ones in my mailbox. Wouldn't they want these tires unbelted to get that scale topfuel expansion thing happening anyway?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

They dont have it listed yet but i just put one on my file at the LHS.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Looks like a mamba max pro but the mmp is only rated for 4S only the motor itself can handle 5S.
    Pretty sure the castle mamba max pro is rated for 6s.

RC Champion
    Actually, the MMPro is rated for up to 6s. The motor voltage is limited by the rpms it can handle and the amount of power it can physically dissipate (although for short drag runs, that shouldn't be a problem).

Maybe this is a special version of the MMPro? If not, I can see people running 6s on this setup with careful gearing (to prevent too much current from blowing the ESC).

I really like this car, but not sure if I'll pick it up since there are few places I can run it around here.
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/

Can some Traxxas insider confirm that the combo is the (same as the) Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT set? And if yes, why it is rated 3S and not 5S?

RC Racer
    I can't see how it would have same part # as an XO1 tire as those tires aren't even close to these. I would hate to order XO1 tires and get the funnycar ones in my mailbox. Wouldn't they want these tires unbelted to get that scale topfuel expansion thing happening anyway?
    The xo tires are not good for drag Racing at all man!!

One reason I have 2 xo and don't really run them

I will see if I can get foam tires to bolt up some how

It's a must for VHT and running in the 1.4-1.6 sec at 132 ft that's my gold for this car

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if that is really a MMP? I realize it sure looks like one but nothing says it cant be different internals in a MMP case. Isn't one of the ESC's Castle made for HPI a Sidewinder in a MMP case to accommodate the fan? I saw no mention of a sensor port int he specs, if it is a MMP it would have a sensor port.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

MMP on 3s or 6s, really doesnt matter. its ~4 lbs, gonna be a missle either way haha.

Someone will shoehorn a MMM in there anyways. If the motor fits.

that said in this pic you can see the ports at the bottom. or at least the holes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I'm wondering if that is really a MMP? I realize it sure looks like one but nothing says it cant be different internals in a MMP case. Isn't one of the ESC's Castle made for HPI a Sidewinder in a MMP case to accommodate the fan? I saw no mention of a sensor port int he specs, if it is a MMP it would have a sensor port.
    The MMP has all the wires at one side and the Sidewinder has them on both sides. Looking at the picture it has the same ports as the MMP.

RC Racer
    I will be putting a MM and a 7700KV motor in for starters and try to get some weight off of it. Don't really need shocks for a
    drag car that will only be drag racing..

ALL electronics are gone first thing..LOL

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=slayer17;5121103]I can only pray to the Nitro God that you guys have a nitro version being designed or you have already designed and it will be released some day. I respectfull disagree on the electric is the way to go and you need electric to make your funny car perform like a real one. You need to come to my house and see some nitro cars and trucks run. There the closest your going to get to the real thing and not electric. Check out this real to scale dragster I built. The motor is in the correct way it has a clutch and real rear end with a ring and pinion. This runs like a real one 100% and it's quick and fast. The smell of the nitro and when you crack this thing off the line and those tires grow real tall, thats what gets your jucies flowing. LOL if all the top fuel cars were electric no body would go to the nationals any more.

Thats nice but they can never be as fast as the electrics dragster. There close but will never be faster..

RC Qualifier
    this is a cool addition to the traxxas line up . hope it does well .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast