Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    I can't see how it would have same part # as an XO1 tire as those tires aren't even close to these.
    Same part # as the XO-1 rear tires. If you read the specs on the tires they are low profile with a sidewall extension. Basically just an insert that gives it the look of a high profile drag tire.

“To capture the tall-sidewall look of a full-size Funny Car, the rear wheels feature sidewall extensions that include authentic, printed Goodyear Eagle logos”.

In this pic you can clearly see the seam where the extension/insert meets the tire,
    Last edited by Snook Man; 04-02-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I like the car a lot. I can see it spawning a whole new racing craze in parking lots all over the place,,,ok maybe not totally new but at least renewed

Whether it is your cup of tea or not you have to give credit to Traxxas for being innovative and finding new ways to get new people into the hobby.
    I love drag racing. We run every saturday night in a huge parking lot with a Pro tree.

This will definitely get more faces out there.. Help the drag racing seen grow..
    Last edited by racksteris; 04-02-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
    I will be putting a MM and a 7700KV motor in for starters and try to get some weight off of it. Don't really need shocks for a
    drag car that will only be drag racing..

ALL electronics are gone first thing..LOL
    Its ~4 lbs, how much weight do you need to shave haha. For its size this thing will be light as a feather.
    (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Its ~4 lbs, how much weight do you need to shave haha. For its size this thing will be light as a feather.
    I wll be running with cars built for drag racing ONLY. This car can drive around and have fun with.

Those cars are all carbon fiber with no deff or shocks

44 Oz with my upgraded elections. I hope it will be fast because I love the look of it.

ahh gotcha, gotta have a competitive edge

i was taken back by the ~4lb listed weight w/o battery. for a car that over 2' long i was shocked it was so light.

doesnt look like there will be much to remove. maybe the receiver box and shocks like you mentioned.

I dont really see a use for this but SUPER COOL!!!! I WANT ONE!!!! Traxxas is going to redirect the hobby - again

I remember my buddy talkin to me a few months ago (he is a PR rep for Erica Enders) and he was telling me about Traxxas sponsoring a funny car. He is going to POOP his pants when he sees that Traxxas actually came out with a car! WAY COOL!!!

RC Champion
    cool addition to traxxas. who will be the first to put offroad tires on it and dirt drag it.

RC Qualifier
    Im excited for this. I have the PERFECT parking lot at work. Off to my LHS to pre-order.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    If we only made electric models of full-size vehicles that are electric, the entire Traxxas product line would be a 1/10 scale Nissan Leaf
    I would totally rock a 1/10 scale Nissan Leaf! What a sleeper that would be, wedge XO-1 power into it and only run for pink slips .

ON TOPIC: This looks like a nice ride traxxas. Get a few of them together and I can see these being a ton of fun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    Nice reply Peter! Guys, please remember that if it is not what you had personally hoped for there is no need to make negative posts about it. It absolutely IS what a LOT of other people have wanted for a long time!
    really why are the off road guys being left out? come on traxxas
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

The "yawn" factor will be running by yourself, not a whole lot of excitement. but totaly yes if you have a couple of them out there or really anything else to race against they will be a blast

Not gonna stop me from buying one though, im a huge Drag Racing fan.
    I already have mine on pre-preorder with my LHS.

As soon as they have them in their system to buy i'll have one on the way

Quote Originally Posted by chazekxt84 View Post
    really why are the off road guys being left out? come on traxxas
    What do you mean? You got the N & E Revo's, N & E Maxx's, half of the 1/16 and so much more.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    What do you mean? You got the N & E Revo's, N & E Maxx's, half of the 1/16 and so much more.
    had them all last 2 cars from traxxas have been on roads when is it are turn? off road .maybe a new 1\8 off road E buggy? hmmm
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    Actually, the MMPro is rated for up to 6s. The motor voltage is limited by the rpms it can handle and the amount of power it can physically dissipate (although for short drag runs, that shouldn't be a problem).

Maybe this is a special version of the MMPro? If not, I can see people running 6s on this setup with careful gearing (to prevent too much current from blowing the ESC).
    Well the manual for MMPSCT with 2400kv sez motor max : 5S and ESC max 4S. Maybe it can handle more but I'm not gonna risk frying it.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

Quote Originally Posted by chazekxt84 View Post
    had them all last 2 cars from traxxas have been on roads when is it are turn? off road .maybe a new 1\8 off road E buggy? hmmm
    I kinda agree with you, all i can think is the next release will be an all new off road platform.
    Im acually kinda shocked this one came out wit hits own new chassis, i was kind of expecting it to be on the XO chassis.

RC Champion
    i like it but i was thinking a off road 1/8 next.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    Not a issue of being faster just more realistic is all. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the car and the timing system looks awesome. But a nitro Funny car with a electric engine. Times and people have changed I guess. Some people can tune Nitro and I guess some people can't. We do live in a age of fast food and remote controls and the computer age.
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    I can only pray to the Nitro God that you guys have a nitro version being designed or you have already designed and it will be released some day. I respectfull disagree on the electric is the way to go and you need electric to make your funny car perform like a real one. You need to come to my house and see some nitro cars and trucks run. There the closest your going to get to the real thing and not electric. Check out this real to scale dragster I built. The motor is in the correct way it has a clutch and real rear end with a ring and pinion. This runs like a real one 100% and it's quick and fast. The smell of the nitro and when you crack this thing off the line and those tires grow real tall, thats what gets your jucies flowing. LOL if all the top fuel cars were electric no body would go to the nationals any more.

Thats nice but they can never be as fast as the electrics dragster. There close but will never be faster..
    Last edited by slayer17; 04-02-2012 at 05:27 PM.

RC Racer

OMG that is quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen in the RC world!!!!
    -JuRRd

RC Qualifier
    That pic is awesome now imagine the sound and smell of nitro

RC Racer
    I agree it should of been a nitro car!
    -JuRRd

Thank you, your opinion been appreciated - numerous times.
    Let's try not to be a damper on the excitement of other members.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Wow! So it's real! I was thinking they posted it as a April fool's joke or somthing dumb like that, but no it is really coming out! SWEET!! When Traxxas came out with the sc trucks, I thought "wow what a great idea!" What will them come out with next? Well, I guess the answer to that is DRAGSTERS!! Wow I just can't wait to see people setting up drag strips to race these. It'll be great! CAN"T WAIT TO SEE ONE!!! PS A nitro version would be AWSOME
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Thank you, your opinion been appreciated - numerous times.
    Let's try not to be a damper on the excitement of other members.
    I think you may have just contradicted yourself by dampening his excitement... food for thought!
    -JuRRd

Quote Originally Posted by JuRRd87 View Post
    I think you may have just contradicted yourself by dampening his excitement... food for thought!
    There doesn't seem to be any excitement on the person his comment was directed to. Hence his statement.

It happens with every release...many people come out and say it was not what they hoped for or something that they don't want. That's fine. I'm pretty sure those that gripe about this will have others could care less about who will gripe about theirs.

It is advised not to start a war about liking it or not. If you don't like it, it may be best to squelch the negative comments.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-02-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    The Super Derecho

What a waist. I was so let down when it was electric. Who every heard of a electric top fuel car. That does nothing for me. Oh well thought it was going to be something good
    I can only pray to the Nitro God that you guys have a nitro version being designed or you have already designed and it will be released some day. I respectfull disagree on the electric is the way to go and you need electric to make your funny car perform like a real one. You need to come to my house and see some nitro cars and trucks run. There the closest your going to get to the real thing and not electric. Check out this real to scale dragster I built. The motor is in the correct way it has a clutch and real rear end with a ring and pinion. This runs like a real one 100% and it's quick and fast. The smell of the nitro and when you crack this thing off the line and those tires grow real tall, thats what gets your jucies flowing. LOL if all the top fuel cars were electric no body would go to the nationals any more.
    Perhaps you should look at the thread a little closer, and heed this:

...Guys, please remember that if it is not what you had personally hoped for there is no need to make negative posts about it. It absolutely IS what a LOT of other people have wanted for a long time!
    This is also food for thought.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-02-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Champion
    has anyone seen the remote features. there is a 3 way switch on top. burnout-stage-race. im kind of curious as to how this works.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Perhaps you should look at the thread a little closer, and heed this:

This is also food for thought.
    Last time I checked in America people can voice their opinion either positive or negative... and I don't believe he is breaking any forum rules by doing so either... unless providing Traxxas with customer feedback is prohibited...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    -JuRRd

Last time I checked in America people can voice their opinion either positive or negative... and I don't believe he is breaking any forum rules by doing so either... unless providing Traxxas with customer feedback is prohibited...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Voicing your opinion is fine, but voicing your opinion over and over and over and over is annoying. All that does is waste everyone's time. The new car isn't what you wanted? Fine. It's not for everyone. Nothing we make is for everyone. I wrote a similar post in the XO-1 thread when the haters started to spam that forum up with negative posts. If you don't like the car, please move on. If you feel like you have to say something, (which in turn, brings more attention to the car you don't like) say what you need to say and move on.

I'm also going to leave this here too:

9. No pointless complaining, moaning, and whining. This mostly applies to the operation and moderation of the online community. Members will be banned, threads removed, and so on based on the clearly defined rules. Publicly bemoaning the operation of the community and the way the rules are enforced will not put you in good favor with the moderators. If you have a legitimate concern or suggestion, PM a moderator or send a message to forum@traxxas.com.
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Well the manual for MMPSCT with 2400kv sez motor max : 5S and ESC max 4S. Maybe it can handle more but I'm not gonna risk frying it.
    I wonder if that's a different version? All I know is I have several MMPros (even a couple from the beta-testing period) and they are all 6s. However, even though it's rated for 6s, I personally like to leave a little voltage "headroom" for those pesky braking spikes. So maybe that's why they say 5s. The MMPro (if that's what it is) in this vehicle does look a little different, so it's possible they beefed up a sidewinder (or similar) ESC specifically for this vehicle.

On an unrelated note;

As far as the negative comments about the car in general: you won't be able to please everyone. I personally like it being electric, but for those who long for the smell/performance/realism/messiness of nitro, there is nothing stopping you from doing a conversion. Heck, back in the day, the only way to get a decent electric vehicle was to do a nitro-to-electric conversion. I'm sure with a little ingenuity and basic fabrication skills, you could do the reverse and shoehorn a nitro mount, engine, fuel tank, and servos in there.
    Last edited by BrianG; 04-02-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/

I am NOT saying you or anyone have done anything wrong to this point however the "this is America i have the right to free speech " thing does not stand up here. The right to free speech in America means you can start your own forum and do or say what you want there. This is Traxxas's house and they set the rules as to what you can or can not say. Has mentioned earlier your feedback is welcome let's just not let it cross the line into ranting or bashing on Traxxas
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    or you could pour some 40% in a can and have it burning on the sidelines .and don`t hate........... appriciate .

RC Racer
    all the haters in this thread, please go away!!! i personally applaud traxxas vehicales i have 3 of them the engineering, the quality, the customer support, and looking at the pics on the main page, its a engineering marvel!!! fully adjustable wheelie bar, how cool is that!!!

a hood latch system just like the real deal!!! come on guys this thing is just awesome, 1/8 scale, brushless power, a real honest to god drag slick, the radio has a toggle switch for staging, launch, ya know i could go on and on, my point is that traxxas is always coming out on top!!! and this drag car is going to change the rc world at least i think

and when tower hobbies has it ya im buying one and im going to drag race and do burn outs
    thank you traxxas for your awesome products

RC Competitor
    DARN DARN DARN!!!!

here i am looking at the XO-1 boards , waiting for the chance to get the clear XO-1 bodies
    and what do i see when i log in today....

THIS AMAZING LOOKING ... new car i now must have... darn you traxxas ... LOL

cant wait to have this in hand and try out the multi-function switch for staging and such....

i can see a bunch of modding happening on this car ...

Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll.

I just want to know when i can haz mine?
    Peter or 3Rolls any confirmation that these will be available shortly after mid month? Or is that still a release target?

No more need to fuel the fire. Let's get back on track (no pun intended ) and talk about this vehicle.
    My wife would flip if she saw that I bought this. The more I read up on it, the more I really do want it.....
    The Super Derecho

I want one!

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    No more need to fuel the fire. Let's get back on track (no pun intended ) and talk about this vehicle.
    My wife would flip if she saw that I bought this. The more I read up on it, the more I really do want it.....
    Go ahead and buy one and you can keep it at my house so your wife wont see it
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

That's just part of the worry. The bigger part is the dent in the checking account. Not going to be able to hide that like...uh...
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Nice reply Peter! Guys, please remember that if it is not what you had personally hoped for there is no need to make negative posts about it. It absolutely IS what a LOT of other people have wanted for a long time!
    I'm keeping this positive, but can't we really say what we want? And give or inputs. It seems like there's a lot of trolling going around, I'm surprised this forum gets as much action as it does. When the control issue and fear of what's said or if someone runs a piccolo motor on a traxxas it gets shut down.

RC Champion
    Just get her some shoes/purse/whatever toy she'd like. Better yet, get her one too and tell her you both got one so you could spend more time together.
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast