Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have absolutely no use for this, but i NEED to have one.

Cant explain it.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
    Just listed up one of my XO-1 for sale. Will be pre-ordering one this weekend at my LHS..
    On here or locally??

RC Champion
    Where would be the best place to Preorder from?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

WOW I like it Now going to have to get one I bet it won't be long until some mod. one with a nitro engine. How about an opinion for a sound system on board?
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    That pic is awesome now imagine the sound and smell of nitro
    Real nitro, or RC nitro? Real nitro, i.e. full size top fuel and funny car shakes the ground, pushes your sunglasses back on your face and pounds your chest. RC nitro goes ring-da-ding ding and maybe, just maybe enough of a nitro whiff to remind you of a day at the Nationals. Not quite the same for me.

RC Racer
    I heard the TRA 2080 servo is being used on this dragster. Can anyone confirm? If so, that is disappointing.

Why? Its a Dragster, you dont need to turn, short of turning around. But yes the 2080 is being used.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Why? Its a Dragster, you dont need to turn, short of turning around. But yes the 2080 is being used.
    Why? Because the 2080 servo is (IMO) my least favorable part Traxxas has ever created. Aside from it stripping gears without cause on the 1/16 models, the 2080 is famous for shorting out and sending error light sequences to the ESC, which are only resolved by unplugging and pitching the servo. I really do not know why a redesigned "2080X" hasn't been released, but it has to be the most common warrantied part by Traxxas customer support reps. Hopefully it holds up better in the 1/8 dragster than it does in 1/16 models; although there are plenty of much more reliable servos available.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slagburn View Post
    Real nitro, or RC nitro? Real nitro, i.e. full size top fuel and funny car shakes the ground, pushes your sunglasses back on your face and pounds your chest. RC nitro goes ring-da-ding ding and maybe, just maybe enough of a nitro whiff to remind you of a day at the Nationals. Not quite the same for me.
    You just made me want to see a full scale race again sooOOOOO BAD!!!
    Its All relative to your perspective.

I don't see its being used in a dragster as a heavy use servo, im pretty sure it will be fine.

RC Racer
    I don't see its being used in a dragster as a heavy use servo, im pretty sure it will be fine.
    A dragster that is twice the scale of that which it fails in. I would be more concerned about the ESC issues that are inevitable because of the 2080 rather than stripping gears.

You dont use it under load. Or at least you shouldnt be. Its not like you are going to run a Dragster through a slalomn course.
    If you are that upset about it but the ******* 290 or whatever it is and let it be.

RC Racer
    You dont use it under load. Or at least you shouldnt be. Its not like you are going to run a Dragster through a slalomn course.
    If you are that upset about it but the ******* 290 or whatever it is and let it be.
    It does not matter if it is under load. Like I said previously, it is common for the 2080 servo to strip gears and/or internally short with little load and minimal stress. No need to get flustered, I'm just stating the facts and I am disappointed Traxxas did not improve the servo for a new release (especially something this groundbreaking!) or incorporate an alternative TRX servo.

P.S. It's the ******* 390.

Quote Originally Posted by Makg View Post
    It does not matter if it is under load. Like I said previously, it is common for the 2080 servo to strip gears and/or internally short with little load and minimal stress. No need to get flustered, I'm just stating the facts and I am disappointed Traxxas did not improve the servo for a new release (especially something this groundbreaking!) or incorporate an alternative TRX servo.

P.S. It's the ******* 390.
    You've stated your OPINION several times now and we get it.

The issues the 2080 servo have had in the 1/16th scale cars/trucks may or may not be the same as in the Drag car. Turning big tires like on the mini Summit or the mini Revo in an off road condition is a LOT different than what the Funny car is going to be like running drag races. I would suggest we wait and see how it works once people get the car in their hands before we pass judgement on it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Thats my point exactly.

And im far from flustered lol. Dont get ahead of yourself.

RC Racer
    Take it easy fellas I mentioned my factual based OPINION. We can move on...

RC Racer
    Today was the day!!

Is it out? Any one got one!

My lhs said the end of the week maybe!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
    Today was the day!!

Is it out? Any one got one!

My lhs said the end of the week maybe!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    I talked directly with Traxxas and they said the funny car will start shipping from them from the middle to the end of this month. I doubt anyone will have one in hand before the end of this month.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    I have my preorder thru Horizon and called them earlier today for a different matter but during which 3 different departments all gave me the same info on my preorder, my Green "John Force" model is boxed up and will have UPS tracking info tonight. I'll be able to track it tomorrow.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NvTwist View Post
    I have my preorder thru Horizon and called them earlier today for a different matter but during which 3 different departments all gave me the same info on my preorder, my Green "John Force" model is boxed up and will have UPS tracking info tonight. I'll be able to track it tomorrow.
    Awesome! I wonder when mine will ship.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    So horizon lied yesterday. After tracking my order I notice the weight is only 20lbs (Summit) so I called them. Now the info is funny car is on backorder and they still don't have them yet.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago

RC Qualifier
    Don't count on it
    Thats nice but they can never be as fast as the electrics dragster. There close but will never be faster..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NvTwist View Post
    So horizon lied yesterday. After tracking my order I notice the weight is only 20lbs (Summit) so I called them. Now the info is funny car is on backorder and they still don't have them yet.
    That sucks. Hope they're available soon.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Although I've seen some are disappointed by the rear tires, possibly weak power, and a few other elements, I'm certain many will mod the begeesus out of it and have their cars running like beasts. It's like looking at the Rustler and saying it's just a cheap plastic toy - one look at what people have done makes me want to get one for myself (until I gaze lovingly at my E-Maxx ).

RC Racer
    Pretty cool, but we need a nitro version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I think this is the coolest thing in RC I've seen in a while. I just hope there is room for bigger motors, etc. Can't wait.

RC Champion
    Tower now says early May.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    I think this is the coolest thing in RC I've seen in a while. I just hope there is room for bigger motors, etc. Can't wait.
    When it comes to drag racing the larger motors will make you go slower.. You will have hight top speed with large gears.

BUT the larger motor will get smoked by a SMALLER higher KV motor..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234