RC Champion

Lightbulb Who will be the first....?

... to try an MMM setup or XL2 setup? Hmmmm.....
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    MMM ESC yes. MMM combo or XL2 combo is just dumb. Too much weight will ruin the acceleration and controlling all that torque will be a challenge at startup.
    2 KILOWATT RACER

RC Champion
    Too much weight will ruin acceleration? I don't think so. Not when we're talking about a more powerful motor/esc.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    +1 a larger motor behind the rear wheel should add some traction, I wanna see how fast this thing can go on 6s lipo. The last I read on nitro dragsters is they could do 0-80 in 1.3 so I would hope this one could do better.
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    Electrics go over 100mph in less than 1.3 seconds. There is such a thing as a having the perfect balance of Power to Weight ratio. Dragsters are not speed runners. Don't confuse the two as the same and think that more weight will have the same effect in a dragster vs speed runner.

The spool up of a 4 pole motor is slower vs a 2 pole motor, thus the Traxxas funny car has some more potential with a different motor. My 4s cars have been faster than 6s car in drag races. In speed runs I would loose ofcourse, but not in a drag race.

The Traxxas funny car makes for a nice base to start off from. Sure it's heavy compared to real RC dragsters, but the Traxxas version doesn't look as fragile and will bring more peeps into the drag racing scene.

Batteries with the fastest recovery time need to be used. Direct soldering the motor is also better. Some caps are welcome with higher amp setups. Or switch over the the MMM esc for more power.
    I've messed around with enough motors to know what works and doesn't work.
    2 KILOWATT RACER

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Too much weight will ruin acceleration? I don't think so. Not when we're talking about a more powerful motor/esc.
    It does not work man. I have 2 dragster's that are made for drag racing only..

You dont want to run more than 3S

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    +1 a larger motor behind the rear wheel should add some traction, I wanna see how fast this thing can go on 6s lipo. The last I read on nitro dragsters is they could do 0-80 in 1.3 so I would hope this one could do better.
    Too run a 1.3 you need to be in the hight 90 MPH range almost or even over 100MPH. 1.3 is very fast..

Funny thing with this car is that they have not posted any ET for any runs, Which make me think it will not have a great ET.

RC Racer
    when i get mine im keeping it stock, huge drag racing fan, i love the funny car, but doesnt it come with the mamba monster already???

No a new variation on the Mamba Max Pro
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    I already have a Mamba Monster and 3S 65C Thunder Power battery ready to go in..

The motor looks very large for a drag car.. I may go smaller.. Maybe a 5700KV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
    I already have a Mamba Monster and 3S 65C Thunder Power battery ready to go in..

The motor looks very large for a drag car.. I may go smaller.. Maybe a 5700KV
    You will need the larger motor because of the weight.
    2 Stampede's, E-Maxx, Extended chassis T-Maxx 3.3