RC Competitor

Wheel hubs - Revolver wheel

Hi,

I bought the RPM wheels and Proline Mashers for my digger (all front) to use with Protrac kit that I'm going to buy.

While I didn't buy the Protrac kit, I'm trying to use the wheels with stock Digger wheel hubs but it's too big.
    With Proline mashers came a small wheel hub but the hole is too big. My pin falls out.

1 - this wheel hubs works only with Protrac kit? The Protrac comes with new pins?
    2- I bought STRC aluminum well hubs but it's falling out too. The hole is too big either and don't make the click sound when installing on pin.

I don't know if I could explain it well....

Thanks !
    Grave Digger - SPC, Big Bores and RPM parts...

RC Qualifier
    Not sure I completely understand you but I'm wondering if maybe you got front wheels for a nitro stampede? Just a guess because something similar happened to me on an order once. Aside from that : the protrac kit does not come with wheel hubs so the wheel situation is still up to you.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Post a picture of your wheel and the wheel hubs. Like mark c said sounds like you posibly picked up nitro front wheels.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Ok, when I arrive at home I will send pictures of wheel, hubs and everything! Hehe

Thanks!
    Grave Digger - SPC, Big Bores and RPM parts...

RC poster
    I have all front rpm revolvers mine fit fine but I also widened the front of my stampede before i put them on but they should work fine i will try to post a pic if i can figure it out

RC poster
    I have more pics in the Gallery here is mine .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Post a picture of your wheel and the wheel hubs. Like mark c said sounds like you posibly picked up nitro front wheels.
    Hey, here are the pictures...

I bought RPM Revolver 2.2 Front wheels - #82062, and it appears to be for Electric stampede.

From left to right.
    Original front wheel hub from Digger
    Original rear wheel hub from Digger
    STRC Aluminium wheel hub
    Proline wheel hub that came with Mashers that I bought

Different pin hole sizes

How each wheel hub fits on RPM revolver wheel.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Think I understand now. Not sure why you can't use your original hubs. Looks as though they fit the wheel nicely. Can you get the hubs to "snap" into place before you mount the wheels?
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Champion
    I know the front hubs are thicker than the rear hubs and if you try to use front hubs on the rear, the wheel hole wont sit flush on the stub axle causing stress and potentially cracked rims

and if rears are used up front the wheel nut wont bottom out
    Last edited by Oaks; 04-04-2012 at 09:34 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mark c View Post
    Ok. Think I understand now. Not sure why you can't use your original hubs. Looks as though they fit the wheel nicely. Can you get the hubs to "snap" into place before you mount the wheels?
    I thought that the wheel hub had to be the same thickness to fit on wheel. If it's not a problem to use the originals thicker hubs, I will use it because the grey one makes the front a little bit wider.

The "snap" only occurs when I use the originals wheel hubs. STRC and proline hubs have the pin holes too large it falls out.

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Check on the STRC ones if they have a grub screw on one of the sides. If so you will need to tighten that down on the pin. Then you will be good to go. Those don't snap they lock down in place by that set screw.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Digger, sorry, my mistake.

I bought STRC hubs for my Traxxas Rally and it have the grub screw on the sides like you said.

For my MJ Digger I bought Golden Horizons hubs - #02143 - 12mm Hex Wheel Hub for JATO...... and they don't have the screw. It sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Check on the STRC ones if they have a grub screw on one of the sides. If so you will need to tighten that down on the pin. Then you will be good to go. Those don't snap they lock down in place by that set screw.