RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

I just want a dragster body!

Have been working on a dragster for awhile. I was bored with a nitro buggy that I had, so I built my own chassis for it and turned it into a dragster. I got about ninety percent done with it, but just need to make a few tweaks to get it running. The big problem I was having was finding a suitable body for it. I finally made my own out of Plastruct, but it doesn't really look right. This looks to be pretty close to the wheelbase of the one I built. Problem is, my dragster project is boxed up and sitting in a storage locker three hours from here! Our house goes on the market in less than a week. I can't wait to get moved and get life back to normal.....(I'd like to share the project with all of you, but it's a different brand.)
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    A shelf queen this could be! Just need the body, tires, and a little ingenuity to mock it up.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    What could be a shelf queen? Not sure what you're talking about.....

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Buy the body and tires only, and set them in your display case with the body propped up
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    The problem is I need to get my hands on my dragster so I can measure the wheelbase to see if the body will fit. I may just modify my chassis to fit the body. The red Traxxas one is sweet!!

RC Competitor
    i was kicking around a dragester build some time ago could you make a wood block of the body for a dragester and then bend some lexan sheets around the wood form use a heat gun to heat up the lexan a bit that is how i thought i would make mine just an idea not shure it would work mabe if you made a cardboard body first then you could tranfer the shape to the woodblock.
    .26 revo
    slash2wd&4w4
    summit
    embe
    2erbe

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    The problem is I need to get my hands on my dragster so I can measure the wheelbase to see if the body will fit. I may just modify my chassis to fit the body. The red Traxxas one is sweet!!
    As soon as the cars come out you will be able to find a body on one of the ebay chop shops.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    We'll sell bodies separately. There should be a clear option too.

RC Champion
    Thanks, PeterV; as much as I like the red body, a clear one would be even better! Can't wait to get one. A proper drag body is hard to come by. (At least one that will be in stock at a LHS.) I don't mind ordering online, but I like to see an item in person first.

RC poster
    What is the scale Maxx???? will there be a clear body for the Funny Car? (painted as well)

MP

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Have been working on a dragster for awhile. I was bored with a nitro buggy that I had, so I built my own chassis for it and turned it into a dragster. I got about ninety percent done with it, but just need to make a few tweaks to get it running. The big problem I was having was finding a suitable body for it. I finally made my own out of Plastruct, but it doesn't really look right. This looks to be pretty close to the wheelbase of the one I built. Problem is, my dragster project is boxed up and sitting in a storage locker three hours from here! Our house goes on the market in less than a week. I can't wait to get moved and get life back to normal.....(I'd like to share the project with all of you, but it's a different brand.)
    Last edited by Mark Price; 04-09-2012 at 03:17 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Price View Post
    What is the scale Maxx???? will there be a clear body for the Funny Car? (painted as well)

MP
    All of your questions are answered in the posts above. It's close to 1/8th scale and yes, bodies will be available separately, with the probability of a clear option being likely....